Help us out: The massive engine specs quest!

I just added the specs of the BMC B-series engine as it is found in my MG. I hope it’s of any use. I’ll see if I can find any dyno sheets of the engine. I hope I can be helpful, I just found out about your game and it is pretty much the game I have been hoping for for many years!

i added the m120 engine wich was used in the sel600/s600 from 1992 to 1998 and the same was used in the sl600 until 2001 or something like that

Oh, dear …

WE ONLY NEED L4 FOR NOW!!

I think it need to be made abit clearer for people on the very first post as alot of people seem to be missing it. Larger red lettering anyone? :wink: (I keep seeing V8’s and V6’s added getting added…).

Im assuming its ok to delete all non 4 cylider engines from the list (or just put them in there own seperate section at the bottom)?

Just seperate them out, will be useful later

I’ll add all the modern Renault I4 petrols later (there are a lot missing right now and I have all the Renault dealer technical documentation :smiley:) - I just had one query, what to do where there are several variations on engines? For example, the F3P 1.8 8v came in distributor ignition + SPI, coil pack + SPI and coil pack + MPI plus a variation with more aggressive cams and a larger throttle body in the Clio RSi and the later F4x DOHC engines come in two different VVT versions (fixed activation at 1400RPM and infinitely variable in the later ones) and one non-VVT version with different power curves. I didn’t want to list them by their specific designation (e.g. F4P-770, the engine in my current car) because these are model/application specific so the same engine might have several codes.

Moved all the recognisable non L4 engines off the main section and into there own one at the bottom of the document.

4 New motors for ya.

AMC 150 I4 91-02 , 87-90 , and 84-86

Before the AMC 150 was the
GM 151 made by Pontiac 80-83

Added about 40 different Volkswagen engines from 1983 - 2001 in Golf 2 / 3 (Rabit). Some Deatails are missing but i will update them if i have some time

Well I figured I’d add my help to this project.

I added the:

Ford Modular V8-V10 Engine Line (4.6L V8 - 6.8L V10) including the 5.0L “Coyote”
Ford-Yamaha SHO V8
Ford Essex (Canadian) V6 Engine Line
Ford 1980’s 2.3L and 2.5L Inline 4
Ford Vulcan 3.0L V6
Aston Martin V12
TVR Speed Twelve Engine V12 (Limited Specs)

I will add more as I get time.
I look forward to getting the demo and full version as they are released.

I know it’s not much use for you at the moment, but I’ve added Koenigsegg’s 5.0l V8. Hopefully it will be of some use in the future. I’ll soon be adding Rover’s 1275cc engine with fuel injection that was used in the later Mini Coopers.

Shocked to find no Subaru engines unless I’ve missed something in the previous pages. Added the EJ207.

That’s not an Inline 4 … But could they be shared? Of course not.

Put them at the bottom for none Inline 4 Without Tarbo.

turborx7.com/porttiming.htm

when you get around to rotaries. here’s the port timing for all rx-7’s. n/a and turbo and the 12a.

i know this is not a car… but would be interesting if automation could model the engines I use for my bikes. Such a simplistic, but powerful engine.

speedwaybikes.com/cody/884.htm

So I added a 2012 ford focus 2.0L (for the US market), with the comment that basically all the 40mpg 4 cylinder motors on the new car market have similar specs, from Toyota to Ford, Chevrolet and even Hyundai, everyone’s got direct injection, variable valve timing and variable intake, and dual clutch automatic gearboxes are increasingly common too. I’m just wondering how difficult those things will be to include, will that be available at launch? soon after? or is that going to be a huge pita?

Dual Clutch Autos - Yes
Direct Injection - Yes
Variable Intake - Not Yet but Maybe

Variable intakes should be reasonably easy to do, as iirc most normal cars just use either extra runners that open up higher in the rev range, or two different length intake tracts that swap from one to the other at a certain RPM…? In that respect, they would work similarly to variable cam-timing.

^And we already simulate the length of the intake and its impact on resonant tuning, so its quite possible to just swap intake lengths mid-power run. For now though, it’ll add a bunch of extra art and such. but its a reasonable thing for us to add later, for sure :slight_smile:

You do? awesome! In that case…

Probably too much for the initial release, but can I request that the theoretical “Advanced DLC Pack” include the ability to customise the diameter and length on intake / exhaust etc? :smiley: