Help with recreating fex 1,4 TSi Engine

I’m trying to recreate some “economic” small engine. Like 122bhp VW 1.4 TSi Engine. (single turbo, not the one with supercharger and turbocharger)

My problem is, how to adjust turbo to get max torque (200Nm) at so low RPM (1500) but not to limit too much the BHP at higher RPMs.

I know we can’t make torque curve straight from 1500-4000 RPM because in game we don’t have limitter for torque but I can’t make the engine to be anything near the original. If I get the torque to rise at low rpms I allways end up with limiting too much power at higher RPMs.

Also one question. Wikipedia pages state that this engine uses max 1.8bar compression on comperssor and the engine compression is 10.0. Is this a bug in the engine spec or what is going on in here? The engine knocks heavily with those settings and if I try to make a turbo with 1.8 bar pressure I have to make it so big that it’s nowhere near to 1500rpm to get the boost up…?

Or is this because the real turbo is Variable-geometry turbocharger if I have understood right?

[quote=“JussiE”]I’m trying to recreate some “economic” small engine. Like 122bhp VW 1.4 TSi Engine. (single turbo, not the one with supercharger and turbocharger)

My problem is, how to adjust turbo to get max torque (200Nm) at so low RPM (1500) but not to limit too much the BHP at higher RPMs.

I know we can’t make torque curve straight from 1500-4000 RPM because in game we don’t have limitter for torque but I can’t make the engine to be anything near the original. If I get the torque to rise at low rpms I allways end up with limiting too much power at higher RPMs.[/quote]

You can get pretty close to a flat torque plateau with VVL and VVT, but there’s something in the way the game is coded that just makes it impossible to have a turbo that can spool below 2000 rpm and make any power past about 3000rpm. No matter what I try all that happens is that the top end dies without the turbo spooling any faster. About the best I can manage with a practical engine is full boost at ~2200 rpm.

[quote=“JussiE”]Also one question. Wikipedia pages state that this engine uses max 1.8bar compression on comperssor and the engine compression is 10.0. Is this a bug in the engine spec or what is going on in here? The engine knocks heavily with those settings and if I try to make a turbo with 1.8 bar pressure I have to make it so big that it’s nowhere near to 1500rpm to get the boost up…?

Or is this because the real turbo is Variable-geometry turbocharger if I have understood right?[/quote]

As far as I can tell, VW seems to use absolute pressure in all of its press releases (which is then quoted by journalists and wikipedia users), whereas Automation uses relative pressure. 1.8 bar absolute is roughly 0.8 bar relative which is much more realistic with 10:1 compression and only 87 hp/L.

And I don’t believe that the TSI engines have variable geometry turbos or even twin scroll housings. But I could be wrong.

I’m on a similar situation hehe, i have a Fiat Bravo T-jet remapped to 180cv /300 Nm. The real size of the turbo and compresor i don’t know (i replace the stock IHI VL37 to a VL36 myself, and i open it, but don’t have measured and no info in the web, i think that are around 35mm) but the problem is similar, i cannot reach the torque, and the turbo loads a bit late and to reach to the power i need to use bigger IC, and other things.

My real car is boosting at 1.0-1.1 Bar. Is a bit difficult to adjust the turbo engines hehe.

you could try obtaining the power figure with a lean mixture and forget about torque. VW limits the torque electronically, so thecar produces more of it if left left alone.

Yes I know that. But I can’t get the torque anywhere near 200Nm at 1500rpm. It’s more like 2500-3000rpm. And I can’t use lean mixture if I want to maintain the original engine compression 10,0.

i tried recreating it and i couldn’t. if i use a lean mixture, it only makes 188 nm. the turbo engages at 2800 at the earlieast point . turbos seem to work very differentlly from real life and the engine can’t be replicated.

turbos are flawed at this point and as Killrob said, they will improve them to some degree

KillRob what is flawed about the current turbo chargers in this game currently?