Hilbert's Car Museum, 07 Piaggio Fly, '05 Twongi 🌸, '99 Beemer

They did what to the Twingo :flushed:

1 Like

Twingo needs to stay happy one way or the other :moyai:

My name is Hilbert and I make bad financial choices.

The Seats failed MOT/inspection/TÜV, whatever you want to call it. Needs some welding and a new subframe. That’s like 1k€ down the drain. The car was 400€. Seems like after 388k km, the Cordoba Vario has finally given up. Shame, the engine worked flawlessly. I even installed a new starter!

So, I can still drive it for a month, after that I have to figure something out.

I’ve been doing all the shit that I’ve always wanted to do.

Like drive around with a shelf on my roof.

9 Likes

Sad. Hope you find some nice new shitbox soon. Also…

Typical SDI outliving the rest of the car.

5 Likes

Considering hilbert so far has had a

German banana coloured hatchback
Reliable (but not) green japanese sedan
French egg
French bean
And a prestigious spanish estate car

I predict his next car will either be a Quirky swedish oddity (Saab 900 NG perhaps) or an italian exotic (Fiat Punto or Stilo)

3 Likes

I looked at a Saab 900 NG but the 10.9L/100km combined fuel consumption was scary :pensive:

Instead I figured, you can’t fix perfection.

This is my new 2002 Seat Cordoba Vario 1.4 MPI

It’s red.

It has a roof rack.

And a tow hitch.

It’s just like the other seat.

It looks depressing.

I wanna know the guy who walked to a car dealership in 2002 and said “Give me wagon that has a cassette player. And uh, make sure it lacks ABS brakes.”

You can’t roll down the passenger window.

The rear is also exactly the same as the green Seat

How beautiful

Small engine, 7 horsepower and 3 torque. Very nice.

6 Likes

Oh hey I had that same stereo in my benz for a while

Also very cool car, the red color does suit it far better than dark green

1 Like

Because it went so well last time you tried to replace one broken car with a similar one.

Well yes, but instead of broken subframe, this has transmission that makes thump thump clomp clomp sounds while driving and the front tire feels like it’s flat despite having air in it.

But in my defense, the next inspection is in 3,5 months and I only paid 330€ for it.

Could you not just take the good bits from your green one to fix the issues with the red one?

4 Likes

Well one is gas and one is diesel so wouldn’t they have different transmissions?

Also when Twongi update :pleading_face:

Absolutely! I’ve already fixed the turn signals. They didn’t work so I just swapped the fuse.

God I’m such a mastermind. Contact me for very professional car fixing services.

Possibly, possibly not. Volkswagen Audi Group cars, which includes this Seat, are pretty modular in their construction and there’s a good chance that the diesel and petrol versions share the same bellhousing bolt pattern, allowing the transmissions to be interchangeable.
Now whether or not the gear ratios would be ideal or if there was some small difference that prevents swapping them, that I don’t know.

1 Like

The green Seat is being scrapped soon. I am getting back pretty much what I paid for it. Unfortunately, the car is in quite bad shape now.

I tried removing the grille, which I did succeed at. But when I tried putting it back, it fucked up. The hood is held there with bungee cords. The hood latch has already failed on this car once. The previous owner told me it flew up on the highway and completely shattered the windshield. But I still have to drive it to the shop tomorrow. They’ll remove the catalytic converter. I tried doing it on my own but I failed miserably.

Contact me for bungee cord services.

I also kicked it, out of boredom. It now has a dent in the back. I don’t regret it. It was fun.

4 Likes

REST IN PEACE

Seat Cordoba
9.5.2000 - 19.12.2023
389,000 km

For the first three years of your life, you gracefully served a Finnish family. I would imagine they had a dog, I do not know. You proudly towed their caravan every summer (I think, I am making this up). They probably gave birth to their 4th son in this very car.

After your duty as a family car was done, you were sold to an older gentleman. He sure was a driver, putting that naturally aspirated diesel to good use. He loved and cherished every moment with you. He even built a custom armrest. Swapped the factory cassette player to a modern CD player. He fixed you with his own hands.

23 years later, you ended up in my hands. I still remember vividly the moment, when you won a street race. It was against a van, it was towing something as well. You barely made it, but at that moment, you saved my dignity. I have moved apartments with you, putting that roof rack and trailer hitch to a good use. I can’t say I enjoyed every moment, but I will still cherish all of the moments.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Metal to metal, scrap to scrap.

May you rest in peace.

edit: this is very emotional, please cry.

also i had some memorial wine so i am drunk.

16 Likes

I like your kind attitude towards the car. It does not look like the attitude of Americans who are ready to beat and burn cars for the sake of video content. I appreciate machines, computers, cameras, jager lager and other art more than people. Yes, it is a fact.

please include the photo of the plastic lawn chair, and the form of wine used

2 Likes

Yes of course.

The chair.

The wine.

9 Likes

Please keep doing what you’re doing, I enjoy reading this thread

8 Likes

Who the hell enjoys that??? I live in NY and i hated getting rid of my 02 Caravan once the tranny went.

3 Likes