Hilbert's Car Museum, 07 Piaggio Fly, '05 Twongi 🌸, '99 Beemer

h

Parking garage was built in the 70s. Car was not built in the 70s

But since I were expecting this, I had already bought the tools required to fix scratches.

Sandpaper and paint fix pens.
It’s like new now.

2 Likes

TBH this is one of the best threads in this section. :joy:

1 Like

My constant crashing keeps the thread alive.

1 Like

My mother’s Ford Mondeo is held together with duct tape and the current colour could be called “scratches”. She also blames her parking garage for being too small.

Great evening!

Ever since the pole incident, my bumper has started sagging way more, and even violence won’t fix it.

However this looks nasty and devalues my car, however, me being poor, means that I simply can’t get a new bumper or anything.

So I stole some double sided tape from work, put it on the bumper, and then violently attached it back.

There’s double sided tape on the red circles, the bumper has been there for a couple of days, it’s really good tape.

It took me total of 3 minutes. Contact me for bodywork repairs.

7 Likes

Good evening!

This, is my new 2001 Opel Astra. The only difference is, this one is black and it also comes with 2.2l i4 producing 147hp.

Sweet EcoTec power. And because this is a sport car, it also comes with white speedometer and other small shit like that.

Now, thanks to the previous owner, I have a neat aftermarket radio, and a

Massive subwoofer.

That is all, goodbye.

5 Likes

This is too nice for you. :frowning:

Damn right.

OK, so it’s in a more sober color, but you made the right decision in swapping a perfectly usable Astra G for another - and in better condition to boot. Overshadowed by the Mk1 Ford Focus and the Mk4 Golf when new, it nevertheless deserves a place in mass-market motoring history. Besides, the 2.2-litre engine in the black one is the exact same power unit used in the Vauxhall VX220/Opel Speedster - and that car used the platform of the Series 2 Lotus Elise, so at least it has some sporting heritage.

At least the Astra G deserves some credit for being the first Opel to offer somewhat good rust protection…

This wasn’t quite as true of the original Ford Focus - hence why you are more likely to see an Astra G than a Focus Mk1 on the road most of the time. Thankfully, the Mk2 Focus had better rustproofing - but that’s a story for another time.

As for the Astra G that’s now the subject of this forum, the 2.2L inline-four wasn’t even the most powerful engine offered in a standard Astra; that honour goes to the 2.0L turbocharged lump fitted to the GSi and the Bertone-styled Turbo Coupe, the latter of which formed the basis for the limited edition 888 - as well as the VX220 Turbo from 2003-05.

It’s the yellow cars birthday, more commonly known as inspection day! And the car got a long list of shit I need to fix.

Like,

• Brake pipe rusted out, interestingly enough, the last inspection guy didn’t say anything about it
  • Front wheel bearing
  • Tie rod end loose
  • Engine rubber cushion/mount torn up

Also, oily engine

And this scratch on the bumper.

I’ll eventually fix everything, however you have to start somewhere. So I decided to fix the bumper.

It was really simple. Tape the bumper together, put some paper around the tape so my bumper doesn’t get all messed up…

And then paint.

The tape cost me 5,99€ and yellow spray paint was 3,99€. That brings the total for my bumper repair to 9,98€. I did it myself and saved money!

Contact me for quotes on bodywork repair.

3 Likes

My Opel has turned into a brokel.

Get it? Because it broke.

Engine go boom.

So, where are the pictures of your McGyver repair that probably involved an electric blender, 4 old socks and gorilla tape?

1 Like

Instead of doing that, I have noticed that Daewoo’s are very cheap.

4 Likes

Update!

Car works fine now, I fixed it.

Can’t hear anything when the radio is on.

Current plan is to drive it like you stole it until it dies.

1 Like

I have sold my black Astra! Whopping 120 euros. God, I’m rich now.

Either way, I need something that gets me from home to work and from work to the pub.

Yes, I still have it. I were always supposed to sell it but thanks to my laziness, I never got it done. I might still have to sell it. I don’t think it’s going to last too much longer.

However, I updated my Tinder profile.

Yellow car gets you matches.

You’re using Tinder?

You’re not my idol anymore.

1 Like

Why enjoy the car yourself, when you can enjoy it with someone else?

Now I can also enjoy the backseat better.

1 Like

Back when I had the black Astra, 2.2. I tested how fast it goes (on a private road, of course.) It did 200km/h. Old picture, but here you go.

Anyway! A few weeks back I tested how fast my yellow Astra goes. However this time the road was a little bit less private. I know, it was stupid, no need to tell me that.

The car did 150km/h, then I got pulled over. That’s 240€ fine and no driving for some time. But hey, at least I got a paper that proves that my 84hp Astra can do 150km/h.

Don’t speed, kids. It’s not safe.

11 Likes