Hilbert's Car Museum, '05 Twongi 🌸 and '07 Piaggio Fly

It’s the yellow cars birthday, more commonly known as inspection day! And the car got a long list of shit I need to fix.

Like,

• Brake pipe rusted out, interestingly enough, the last inspection guy didn’t say anything about it
  • Front wheel bearing
  • Tie rod end loose
  • Engine rubber cushion/mount torn up

Also, oily engine

And this scratch on the bumper.

I’ll eventually fix everything, however you have to start somewhere. So I decided to fix the bumper.

It was really simple. Tape the bumper together, put some paper around the tape so my bumper doesn’t get all messed up…

And then paint.

The tape cost me 5,99€ and yellow spray paint was 3,99€. That brings the total for my bumper repair to 9,98€. I did it myself and saved money!

Contact me for quotes on bodywork repair.

3 Likes

My Opel has turned into a brokel.

Get it? Because it broke.

Engine go boom.

So, where are the pictures of your McGyver repair that probably involved an electric blender, 4 old socks and gorilla tape?

1 Like

Instead of doing that, I have noticed that Daewoo’s are very cheap.

4 Likes

Update!

Car works fine now, I fixed it.

Can’t hear anything when the radio is on.

Current plan is to drive it like you stole it until it dies.

1 Like

I have sold my black Astra! Whopping 120 euros. God, I’m rich now.

Either way, I need something that gets me from home to work and from work to the pub.

Yes, I still have it. I were always supposed to sell it but thanks to my laziness, I never got it done. I might still have to sell it. I don’t think it’s going to last too much longer.

However, I updated my Tinder profile.

Yellow car gets you matches.

You’re using Tinder?

You’re not my idol anymore.

1 Like

Why enjoy the car yourself, when you can enjoy it with someone else?

Now I can also enjoy the backseat better.

1 Like

Back when I had the black Astra, 2.2. I tested how fast it goes (on a private road, of course.) It did 200km/h. Old picture, but here you go.

Anyway! A few weeks back I tested how fast my yellow Astra goes. However this time the road was a little bit less private. I know, it was stupid, no need to tell me that.

The car did 150km/h, then I got pulled over. That’s 240€ fine and no driving for some time. But hey, at least I got a paper that proves that my 84hp Astra can do 150km/h.

Don’t speed, kids. It’s not safe.

11 Likes

It’s winter!

1 Like

Fuck yea, it’s winter, bitches!

Hello!

As some of you might know, my front bumper is fucking shit

However! Today I came up with budget minded solution on how to fix it!

I drove to the store, and bought

Yellow tape, it only cost 3,99€

Once again, feel free to contact me for bodywork repairs.

8 Likes

A proper colour match, too!

2 Likes

When your budget is 4 euros you have to make certain sacrifices.

1 Like

Good evening!

Cheap car and snow, oh boy, what could go wrong?

The answer is a lot.

But thanks to me buying so much yellow tape! It was an easy and fast repair!

I just had to drive it to a heated garage so all the snow and shit will melt away.

Anyway, that car is quite a sight now.

2 Likes

Did you get your drivers license back?

I got it back 14th day. It was away for 7 weeks.

It turns out my engine temperature gauge is no longer working.

The situation is rather unfortunate, not that I ever even used that gauge.

Might fix it, probably won’t.

Check engine light is doing well, keeps reminding me that I still have an engine. Hard and important job.

That’s all.

5 Likes

Another update in the best thread on this board. My W123 fuel gauge seems to be stuck on full. Now if only the tank could be stuck there too…

1 Like

So, there’s good news and bad news.

Good news, my engine temp gauge works again.

Bad news, my heater no longer works.

Oh and also had a casual car accident lol. It was deemed that I were at fault since I had to yield…

I were driving the company Mazda! Here’s a sketch I did.

The Mercedes hit the rear quarter of the company Mazda, Mazda began spinning around, knocked out a traffic sign and ended up facing the oncoming traffic. Luckily the speed limits on those roads are only 40km/h and it wasn’t particularly busy time so nobody was hurt or anything.

Police came, gave me 100 eur ticket, then I drove the car back to work. We had a good laugh and then life kept going on.

5 Likes