Hilbert's Car Museum, 07 Piaggio Fly, '05 Twongi 🌸, '99 Beemer

I have exactly 0 experience with anything like this and haven’t fixed a single thing in my life, what about non-engine oil?

1 Like

hjuungoo may be right. It’s possible It’s oil from the transmission. It does look like from the picture that the oil drops are on the passenger side of the car, which is the side the transmission is on.

But the transmission feels good. No funky sounds and shifting feels firm.

@ Maverick74 The 2005 Twongi has the gearbox in front of the driver.
Only in countries with RHD is the passenger side behind the gearbox.

maybe it’s blinker fluid :thinking:

5 Likes

Hilbert has owned a car for more than 2 weeks and now he has existential crisis or something.

So, I decided to browse the local classifieds to look for a new car. I wanted something flamboyant! Something fun!

Like the Alfa Romeo Brera?

But to be fair, front wheel drive is boring, so maybe something like Fiat 126? You don’t need to go fast to have fun.

But to be fair, it’s the summer so I kinda want to enjoy the sun. A Fiat 124 Spider.

That’s right!

I bought a two seater Italian rear wheel drive cabriolet.

The 2007 Piaggio Fly.

It’s red and slow.

I traded my Seat Cordoba for this

8 Likes

I don’t know why but when you started showing pictures of expensive and exotic cars I started feeling a strong sense of anxiety

Actually wait I do know why

8 Likes

The scooter no longer starts.

Italian reliability amirite

7 Likes

That lasted a whole, what, 1 day? 2 maybe?

That’s pretty good by italian cabriolet standards!

10 hours. I think it’s a new world record, most reliable Italian vehicle!

4 Likes

It is probably a Chinese clone.

knugcab, dont question the greatness of italian beauty. it surely wasn’t made in china to be so reliable

No, it’s actually built in Pontedera, Italy. It was also sold in China as Piaggio City Fly, but that had 150cc engine and it was built in China. It was also sold under the name Derbi Boulevard in Europe.

Either way, it has two seats, it’s built in Italy, and it’s a red cabriolet with RR configuration. It’s basically the Ferrari 296 GTS.

Ferrari is a hybrid though :upside_down_face:

That’s a hybrid too. Sometimes it runs on gas and sometimes it runs on my pushing power.

5 Likes

Ah. Just like my 2+2 seater 4WD Nissan basically is a GTR then!

Exactly!

Technically, I think the word “cabriolet” signifies the existence of a removable roof, so the Piaggio is really a roadster. This just means its even faster though, 'cause of the weight savings!

1 Like

I love my Mazdaspeed6 (ford fusion)

It could still be a cabriolet. But the roof would be a tarp over the roadster when it rains out. Keeps your seats dry!

1 Like

The roof is my passenger holding an umbrella over my head.

2 Likes

Serious proposition: a clear tarp over both of your heads. 360 degree visibilty and keeps you dry from the rain.

1 Like