Hilbert's Car Museum, 07 Piaggio Fly, '05 Twongi 🌸, '99 Beemer

Oh no.

Mismatched hubcaps! Well, luckily 25 euros and some hours of work later, I came up with a solution.

Now, before you ask. Yes, I’m aware. It looks like shit. But I bet no one else has a Corolla like this!

8 Likes

that’s quite

a delifghtful colour

4 Likes

preschoolers seem to love it.

“Dad look! They’re pink!” said the maybe 5 year old girl, very enthusiastically.

2 Likes

It looks like a daisy to me, without being too reminiscent of the Sport Edition Daisy wheel of the 2000s - a kitschy wheel with white spokes and rims but a yellow center cap.

next step is to do the same what was done to Linus’s car from LTT

Paintroll it pink

apolgy for bad english it is my first languagen’t

where were you when toyota corola die

i was at house eating dorito when phone ring

“toyota corola is kil”

“no”

So this is my 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso!

Well how much does it cost to acquire one of these? Great question. It was 300€ and one 1997 Toyota Corolla.

It has extremely aerodynamic design.

The interior is futuristic and and beautiful.

I feel like a king when I drive it, it’s a living room on wheels!

It has armrests!

Very futuristic.

is all. thank.

7 Likes

Why did Corolla become unalived?

Ah. Corolla is very alive at the dealer lot.

5 Likes

Ah, welcome to the egg club. :egg:

4 Likes

It looks like the type of car my wife would draw in a Pictionary game while drunk.

2 Likes

That is a very lovely car
I applaud your choice of automobile

2 Likes

I never understood why people say french cars are quirky and exciting. My moms old Citroen C2 wasn’t a particularly exciting car, and the most interesting thing in my dad’s less than 10 years old Peugeot is a tiny ass screen that just shows what radio station you’re playing.

But now that I’ve acquired a compact MPV, all I can say is holy fuck.

The sheer amount of shit it has! Boy how I love that dash mounted shifter. Sure there are some minor drawbacks, like the speedometer screen not working. I also don’t know how much fuel I have because that information is show in the speedometer screen as well.

Luckily the other screen tells me my fuel consumption, and it even warns me when fuel is low!

And this is my favorite,

Automatic air conditioning! Fancy!

Unfortunately it doesn’t have steering wheel buttons, but I can change the radio station and increase volume without taking my hands off the wheel, with this thing!

2 Likes

So, there are some minor issues with the car. For example, I don’t know how fast I’m going.

New bulbs would’ve cost 56 euros, so I had to improvise a little by buying bulbs that aren’t really meant for this car.

They’re bit shit and darker than the other bulbs, but at least I can finally see how fast I’m going!

7 Likes

Surprised that you didn’t duct tape a flashlight on the dashboard considering how creative the Astra repairs were

looking great tho

3 Likes

I did try that at first, however it didn’t work.

Bad speedo. Kids can’t see the top speed of the car when staring through the window when the car is turned off.

1 Like

I think it’s better that way.

The Muppet who did that table on Wikipedia need to learn math.

106 x 1.609 = 170.55 (ok very near 171)
120 x 1.609 = 193.08 (NOT 190)
119 x 1.609 = 191.47 (close 192)

2 Likes

106 = 170.59, but it also depends on if its EXACTLY 106, because 171 = 106.25. It may hit 170.72, or 106.08. It’s all in the details.

192.00 is 119.30, but, again, is it exactly 192?

Can’t explain the 120/190 relationship.