Van Driver: “There’s plastic scraping the ground on your moped”
Me: “Fuck you”

So, I fixed it.
Here’s before and after photos.

Before:

After:

Fixed it for ya

4 Likes

As the winter is coming and I couldn’t find warm place for my chineseshitmoped to stay in, I am selling it. I was going to sell it after winter but this became better option.

It’s currently listed for 800€. Fair price for scooter that has been used for less than a year and is mechanically in good condition.

For some reason (wonder why) no one was willing to pay 800€ for a shitty scooter. So, I took it for a ride, hit a cyclist, and broke the left mirror.

1 Like

Since the scooter started making weird noises, I decided to sell it.

Sold to some nice guy for 150€.

I’m a simple man, I see scooter that I like, I buy it.

And now I own 2009 Yamaha Neos. Only 600€, driven 14k km.

Compared to my old scooter, it’s a huge upgrade, even though it is older. This one has

• Smoother (and faster) acceleration
  • Higher top speed (52 km/h)
  • Transmission shifts more smoothly
  • Better suspension
  • More comfortable seat, and I also have more legroom
  • Easier to steer at low speeds
  • Pretty damn nice digital speedometer:

But,

• Horn doesn’t work
  • It’s scary to steer at high speeds
  • And the speedometer clock is 10 minutes ahead

And that pretty much sums up my experience based on ~50km of driving

2 Likes

Since the plastic was all faded and gray, I decided to clean it with a bit of canola oil.

Looks almost like new now

1 Like

Inflation or depreciation?

It would be more interesting if the scooter was electric, not gasoline.

That’s very good idea, however all the electric scooters in my budget had range of ~50km, which is not enough for my commute.

I can easily agree with that. Your previous one was badly built, and felt like it.

It was time to buy new tires.

And because I don’t have a car…

I had to drive them home from the tire shop like that, it was only 5km. People were watching.

Oh, and the horn started magically working again. Some wires probably weren’t connected.

2 Likes

Accident happened

But it could have been easily avoided if I would have installed those new tires earlier.

Better late than never.

Also got front brake pads replaced, they were fairly fucked.

I bought a goddamn car.

It’s not the car I wanted, but it’s the car I bought. 1.6 8V, absolutely no power but the insurance is cheap.

The doors are awfully long so parking is pain in the ass, but to be fair, I wanted hatchback.

Despite it being the bare base model, it has power mirrors, heated front seats and passenger side airbag.

And the air conditioning doesn’t work.
And I can also hear some weird noise. Probably rear suspension.

11 Likes

Great news! Air conditioning works, both cold and hot. However the air conditioning lights don’t work so adjusting them in the dark is pain in the ass. Same with radio, just have to guess the buttons.

3 Likes

After several hours of intense fighting, I have installed new radio. The old one was stuck there and taking it off required removing the whole dashboard.

New radio has several bass settings and also loud mode. Makes me deaf and also makes the whole damn car shake.

2 Likes

It’s coming together nicely! Is this a manual or an automatic?

5 speed manual, base model.

1 Like

#SaveTheManuals :grinning:

2 Likes

About 80% of cars in Europe are manuals. In 2018, only 1.1% of cars in the US were manuals.

3 Likes