Hybrid Beaters League

Good enough… I hope. I just whacked in standard safety 0 sliders. The car is aluminium so it’s a bit lighter than you’d expect from a full size sedan, at 1430kg, so the safety might be a tad lower but it is still around 48 or so.

My main sacrifice for cost and fuel economy was the cheap entertainment. It’s there, it’s just not very good :joy:

@szafirowy01 it is physically painful for me to do so!

1 Like

Well, I’m currently caught up with reviews. Yes, I’m keeping on-the-ball like I did during my turn at the CSR, because I know the flood is coming eventually.

DMA presents the LW118-E Luxury wagon

Comfort, Reliability, Safety, and 50+mpg all for 25,900

2 Likes

Here’s my attempt at HBL glory…

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

7 Likes

Okay, looks like I’m keeping on top of the reviews so far. All caught up finally, and so far, looking quite good. Lots of variety.

How could such a big company known for disliking hybrids like Zavir miss an oppportunity to show off as being non-hybrid eco? The answer is they couldn’t, so here it is, the fear of the compact hybrids - Zavir Luna SuperTIDe:

Yes, a pretty much stock Luna 1.7 TIDe but with a few things precisely tweaked to achieve impressive economy figures of 4.3 l/100km or 54 MPG. Oh, and as it is still a ZAVIR eco car, it revs up to 7500 rpm :wink:

######Yes, I was too lazy to design a special car for this challenge, but then I had and idea to check how would a slightly tweaked Luna work :slight_smile:

6 Likes

###Do you want good economy? Good emissions? A great price? Well, meet the EADC Weasel XL

With a mind-blowing economy of 65.4mpg (or 4.32L/km), the Weasel Xl is the perfect compact eco car, and its not going to break your bank account, at only £17,672. The car may not be the fastest, or the best looking, but if you just want an eco car with decent performance, then look no further. EADC Weasel, Driving Perfected

6 Likes

This thing has got to have like 45hp…

88 hp, Its not that weak, 0-62 in 10.7 and a top speed of 114mph (alright its not the best) Its better than a Prius at least :confused:

3 Likes

I’m bringing back an old name for this. the JHW Epoque.

5 Likes

Is that in UK mpg? The unit conversion seems different…

1 Like

Yup, UK God save the queen and all, rule britannia, britannia rules the waves etc etc

1 Like

in UK, mine’s about 74MPG

1 Like

I had an heart attack for few seconds because of 65 MPG :rage:

1 Like

uuuggghhhh making an inline 4 turbo that gets me 58mpg is so tempting thoughhhhh

2 Likes

8 days remaining! Just a friendly reminder.

So far, I have cars from:

@conan
@Dorifto_Dorito
@HowlerAutomotive
@Zabhawkin
@Ornate
@HighOctaneLove
@szafirowy01
@koolkei

There’s no real rush, but I’m trying to keep everyone up to date with this challenge.

2 Likes

I wont b in this one too much RL work

i’ll get mine in soon

1 Like

Does it have to be running on petrol?

Shameless Plug

1 Like

An economy of 8L/100km is impressive considering a vehicle weight of 2.3 metric tons, but that’s still well above the 4.7L/100km stipulated by the other rules :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes