Hybrid Beaters League

People are actually putting effort make it look modern, pah!

I think I’ll automatically win the worst looking car due to the outdated and simple styling.

Then you will have some competition there.

ok first things first, happy christmas all.

Second, when exactly is the deadline for this again? I’m almost done, just have to name the car and finalise some things.

It’s very hard to give such a blocky rear a futuristic sporting image… there’s like bits of at least 3 cars in here plus a whole bunch of wtf I somehow threw together down below. But I’m happy with this body choice, it fits “mid-large family sedan” quite well and the boot has 736L in it.

@Awildgermanappears now I’m curious, what part is similar?

5 Likes

Pathetic compared to my car

1 Like

Blocky rear end? Could have gone Charger… certainly not what would be expected of an ultra efficient family car.

What you did looks better, imo. Much sporty. Very future. Wow.

2 Likes

You can find that information right here. Felt it just made more sense to have a timer rolling from the very start, just to help with the inevitable confusion caused by time-zones and people scattered around the world.

2 Likes

Y’all gotta wait until the 26th when I have access to my PC again so I can dig out the 2012 LV Skywarp and 2014 LV Octane.

3 Likes

Has the replies filter vanished? I can’t find the option to filter only a single user’s replies in a thread for some strange reason.

So with that I can’t find which body you’re using, is it a minivan? :joy: if you want to sling fighting words, I’ll chop you at the lights, since I’m confident I’ve got the fastest Eco car off the line :imp:

@thecarlover I think I would have difficulty getting to my other targets without sacrificing a lot more using that body. Would have made design easier, though.

I can see it now

“Hey, design department, guess what”
“What?”
“We need a brick to look like Kelpie”

7 Likes
Graphic Head Explosion Ensues

Ah, Cronenberg’s ‘Scanners’ now that’s a classic.

Sorry, but why does the car have to look futuristic?

It doesn’t, but some of us like to really get into the design part of things.

What do you mean by that?

As in some of us like to spend a lot of time designing cars to fit the era.

It ain’t just alien cars fitting the era tho, like the new Prius, which looks really bad imo, take a look at the 2017 golf, both look 2017 but Prius looks like they just tried way too hard to make it look cool.

2 Likes

Well… that’s like…

your opinion.

:innocent:

4 Likes

Spot the Supercar!
I agree, the Prius looks way out of its league, but I don’t actually hate it for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, about time I get to (re-)making my entry!

1 Like

okay. 13 hours left.

time to make some of you feel good about your car.
and other to feel bad about theirs

performance is pretty MEH as expected

and it costs $24500

5 Likes

4 Likes