IP Automotive LTD. (1982-92 Urbana)

bild

Restructuring this thread for the ??th time. Sorry. But with the arrival of 4.2 and my styling skills improving too much the last year, it was not viable to keep a lot of old models here.

3 Likes

The Rubiq reminds me of the original Toyota RAV4 - a soft-roader built using an existing passenger car platform, but with more ground clearance for better all-terrain ability. Given its boxy styling, however, the lack of an AWD option seems odd to me, and may explain why it didn’t last very long.

1 Like

OOC info: With the new regions that @BannedByAndroid has been creating, I have decided to turn IP into an Ariyan brand. The simple reason is that it is a much better representation of a fictive island country in SE Asia than my own attempt.

5 Likes

2004-2008 IP VAGANT

Depending on how you count, this is the ninth generation, or fourth generation, Vagant. Fourth generation since the Vagant was split up into the FWD “Vagant” and the RWD “Royal Vagant” lineups (with all earlier Vagants being RWD). Ninth generation since the introduction of the model.

There really was not a lot of options. One body - a four door fastback sedan. One engine - a 3.5 litre V6. Two transmissions - 5 speed automatic or 6 speed manual.

For the first time in the history of the model, it featured a panoramic glass roof. Otherwise, the model was rather well equipped too, with for example cloth/leather upholstery (full leather optional), automatic climate control, 17 inch alloy wheels and a great sound system with CD and tape player.

Even if it had no ambitions at being a sports sedan, 260 hp made for adequate performance. The 0-100 km/h sprint was made in 7.9 seconds and top speed was electronically limited to 250 km/h. The Vagant was geared for comfort and decent economy rather than for sportiness.

This generation Vagant (with the internal model code “FZ40”) was produced until the 2008 model year.

Aluminium panels and monochrome displays - fancy in 2004!

6 Likes

Great model, I love the rear and the headlights integrate well into the gate. I would definitely love to drive it on Beamng. Good job :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I guess I could send you the file in the future if you would like a test drive, my computer does not cope with running Beam unfortunately so I haven’t been able to test it there myself.

1 Like

Would definitely be great. I use a Logitech steering wheel with gears to test cars and it’s a job I really enjoy!

What chassis have you used? It’s great

1 Like

2005-2014 IP TERREX

It is the mid 00s, you don’t care for the new-fangled car based unibody AWD SUVs, but yet you don’t want to settle for a full blown off roader like the solid axle IP Brigadier. The choice IP gives you is between two pickup truck based SUVs, the IP Terrex and the larger IP Battallion, both closely related to their Rugger and Taiga counterparts.

The Terrex was introduced for the 1987 model year, along with the new generation IP Rugger, however, it could be argued that the Rugger in its first generations also was available with a wagon body, which maybe could be seen as the spiritual predecessor to the Terrex.

The 2005 Terrex was the third generation of the SUV. While the Rugger was available with multiple drivetrain options, the only choice in the Terrex was the 3.5 litre V6 (also available in for example the Vagant) with a 5 speed computer controlled automatic, and 4 wheel drive.

Locking differentials, a high/low range transfer case and all terrain tyres meant that the Terrex by no means would struggle at off roading despite the civilized looks.

The technology was of course a bit simple, with a ladder frame, double wishbone suspension up front and a leaf sprung solid axle in the rear. After all, this was based on a truck. However, new for this generation was a rack and pinion steering, and the Terrex also featured rear disc brakes.

The third generation Terrex was built until the 2014 model year.

7 Likes

2004-2015 IP BATTALION

To meet the demand on the US market, IP introduced the full size “Taiga” pickup truck, and its SUV counterpart, the Battalion, for the 2004 model year.

Fact is, that the Taigas and Battalions (just like the third gen Terrex) were all built at the plant in Lexington, Kentucky. And just like the Terrex, this was a body on frame, truck based SUV, with 4x4, locking differentials, double wishbone suspension up front and a leaf sprung solid axle in the rear. In fact, the new platform for the Taiga/Battalion was sharing many of its parts to the new Rugger/Terrex that was released the year after, even if the vehicles themselves were scaled down a bit.

One difference, though, was the engine. The Battalion had a 5.6 litre, 316 hp DOHC V8, mated to a computer controlled 5 speed auto, as its only choice.

And as the truck based vehicle it was, some serious offroading weren’t out of the question as long as you had room for the large vehicle.

Being a bit more upmarket, the interior was a bit more fancy than what you found in the smaller Terrex.

Also, while the Terrex could seat five, this larger vehicle had seating for seven.

The first generation Battalion was produced until the 2015 model year.

8 Likes

All this time I thought IP was Swedish… please laugh at me. I love the Terrex but the Battalion’s proportions are a bit off.

I think they are pretty screwed up on this body. This is the 3.2 metre wheelbase version and it looks like if they have just stretched out the shorter versions because the doors are huge while the rear is rather short for such a large SUV.

2 Likes

Great model, I have always liked SUVs a lot and this model is very good.
Are you going to create some trims of this model? like camper, basic model, etc…?
Good work and perfect interior!

Thanks! Nah, this certain model will not have too many options I think.

Corrected a typo. The Battalion engine is a DOHC and nothing else.

1968-72 IP LILY

The Lily was the oldest model name in the IP lineup, being in production since passenger car production started in 1948. Nothing on the outside of the 1968 Lily did announce what a huge step forward this generation actually was.

Up front it retained the McPherson struts and recirculating ball steering of the previous generation, but unlike it, the pushrod engines had to go and was replaced with a new series of overhead camshaft engines with an alloy head (named the “4L” engine). It was available in 1.3, 1.4 and 1.6 litre varieties. Also, in the rear it got a semi trailing arm rear suspension, which was quite advanced for an economy car back then.

Available bodystyles were a 2- or 4 door sedan, a 2 door coupé (info may be coming later), or like the one pictured here, the 5 door station wagon. Three trim levels were available, Standard, De Luxe and the sporty GTX (the later one only available with the 2 door bodies).

The interior was not fancy in any way, but it was functional and durable. The Deluxe trim added stuff like a cigar lighter, headrests, radio and cloth trim instead of all vinyl.

In 1973 the next generation Lily moved upmarket and grew a fair bit, which made IP introduce the new Warbler model, that was supposed to slot in between the Commuter and Lily, and was roughly the same size as the 1968-72 Lily. In various generations, the IP Lily was produced until the 2004 model year.

9 Likes

Yeah, nice understated success (IC) story. Quite well crafted!

2 Likes

Thanks. This is kind of what I have been talking about. I have been running this company since I started playing 5 years ago and I have probably deleted the old cars about as many times. Now, I think, I am finally at the level that I can maybe just update old cars if I start to feel dissatisfied with them instead of having to do everything all over again…because, as you say, they are turning into quite “well crafted” nowadays.

2 Likes

Your interiors are getting better and better.

Yeah. Unfortunately Automation bodies have their built in limitations that you won’t find in a real car, that makes doing realistic interiors a pain, hence some of the less appealing design choices.

1989-94 IP VAGANT

Even though the Vagant had been produced since the 60s, the 1989 generation could possibly be seen as an all new car. Instead of replacing the previous generation Vagant, it rather replaced the V6 versions of the IP Lily that had occupied the slot in the model programme between the four cylinder Lily and the Vagant. The larger, RWD Vagant was from now on renamed the “Royal Vagant”.

The engine was very closely related to the one previously used in the (among other vehicles) Lily V6. A 3 litre, 18 valve V6 with a power output of 166 hp. The car was front wheel drive and you had two choices of transmission, a 5 speed manual or a 4 speed computer controlled automatic. The only body available was a 4 door sedan.

For a driving experience as positive as possible, it featured rather advanced technology like 4 wheel independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, variable power steering and ABS.

Even if it wasn’t an outright luxury car, it had a quite long list of equipment like air condition, a premium sound system, electric windows, half- or full leather upholstery, and a leather wrapped steering wheel featuring a drivers side airbag.

This generation Vagant (internal model code FZ10) was produced until the 1994 model year.

5 Likes