JOC4A - A Foreign Man In A Foreign Land - [ENTRIES CLOSED]

500 AMU tax break if you keep within the 550cc regs

what you could do with that tax break is beyond me, but it exists now

I notice the inspirations are all couples with i believe four seats.

Are coupes the preferred body style or is this just a coincidence?

Also is four seats preferable to two in case of carrying any passengers?

there are no body style regulations.

1 Like

Thank god I recently designed an 80s Japanese sports car for this challenge, just got to make it fit the challenge…

More like -chassis. I was planning to enter a dressed up midsize lol

the interior thing was just done as a recommendation in QFC, and has not slowed it down

As for wheelbase it’s quintessentially japanese and size has a big impact on prestige and comfort

I did some updates to the JOC rules, I would also like if you linked to the rules in the first post, and I would like to see that being repeated every time JOC starts over again, to iron out some question marks. Thanks!

So heres what I found with tax or additional costs for cetain things, most people cheese to just go under that or choose engineering to fit that as opposed to fit the style of the car

We’re here to give you some range of freedom instead of expecting everyone to try to cheese under a certain number to get an exemption.

Plus, we’re probably not as keen on you being under as we are being keen to make the best car for s client.

Even though the previous JOC was mostly expecting sedans or something for retirement, a some people threw super cars in as well.

2 Likes

Appreciate the idea, but I don’t feel like half-assing a…competing competion, at least at this time. 4A was up quick and I think we stick to the format.

I’m tempted to submit a V8 compact I didn’t use for the last couple 80s challenges, but we’ll see.

3 Likes

How many seats are required?

once again, there are no seat regulations.

Is it ok to use MPFI, usually I don’t see it a lot in 80s cars but do you think that’s too unrealistic?

if it makes the stats better, then feel free to use anything. but always remember the priorities.

if one were to design an european car, would he prefer it being LHD for the bragging rights (if my understanding is correct, it was seen as more prestigious), or RHD for practicality/drivability?

if it’s imported, then it would probably be RHD (driving on the right side of the road and all) and if its domestically sold, itd probably be LHD. Bruno is german, so the prestige aspect of driving with the wheel on the left wouldnt hit with him as much i dont think.

2 Likes

and as a JOC noob, what exactly does this mean?
i tried looking in the previous thread but couldn’t find an answer in the word salad.

“road presence” basically. it translates to something to the effect of “how imposing does it look in a rearview mirror”

1 Like

Will that include the dimension maximums as well? Or will it just be if you have an engine that is less than 550cc?

if the japanese government at the time would have classified it as a kei car, its a kei car. so yes, including the dimension regulations

1 Like

Fun, sooo…

This is the only non mod body that I can find that is small enough to be a pre-1990 kei car, the Rouen_46 SSWB

3 Likes

Maybe, but I see no mod body ban in the rules,?