Journey of ownership 2 - Rising Star - Part 2D (REVIEWS ON HOLD)

Introducing the FMC Colibri SC.

The SC (short for Super Coupe) is a voracious eater of miles. Riding on a widebody version of the Colibri fastback platform, the SC receives luxurious interior appointments, state-of-the-art safety and driver assists, as well as the requisite wheel, brake, and suspension upgrades to keep up with the engine we managed to stuff in it.

Interior shown: Nautical Blue leather

Additional Interior Shots

Additional Exterior Shots

A smooth, responsive 4.0L SOHC V8 is the SC’s powerplant.

The limited edition Colibri SC. Not for everyone. For you (Kenneth)

10 Likes

1984 Wolfe E320 GT

Wolfe is proud to announce the new '84 facelift of the E320 series and the exclusive, performance driven GT model.

Built on proven Wolfe technology, this two-seater GT is all about performance and provides independent suspensions all around, the latest safety features and a sporty but luxurious interior.

A powerful high-tech 305ci OHC V8 powers this special edition. Driven by a 5-speed manual with geared LSD, you will always be in control of the 300hp-plus generated by the powerplant.

Once again, Wolfe provides the latest tech out of Europe on a North American-built car. And you won’t have to break the bank to acquire one today.

Protip: you only have to pay a standard eighties low 15% interest rate to finance your own dream car.

Wolfe - Excitement Driven

9 Likes

Hmm, how is 4WD taken with this? Would that be considered unrealistic or would it be fine.

Look above like 3 post

Oh I’m stupid :rofl: sorry about that lol

1984 SVP Hellblazer GT Night Shadow

All-new for 1984, the Hellblazer GT proves that world-class ride, handling and performance are no longer the sole preserve of foreign imports, thanks to its 300-bhp 5.7-liter V8 (now fitted with multi-point electronic fuel injection) driving the rear wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox and a geared LSD. Its 16-inch forged alloy wheels are wrapped in high-performance tires for maximum grip, while 4-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS provide ample stopping power.

This example is one of only 1,000 Night Edition examples produced only for this model year, and is distinguished by a black exterior, interior and wheels. You want to feel like Michael Knight? Look no further. Except that unlike K.I.T.T from Knight Rider, our car is definitely real - and not only does it start from $24,000 AMU, you’ll get a lot of bang for your buck.

No, it doesn’t have any the sentient AI, turbo boost, laser beam, and other high-tech gadgetry that K.I.T.T. comes with as standard, but then again, such techno-wizardry is too advanced for our engineers to install in our cars right now anyway (although we did manage to fit a digital instrument cluster). You do, however, get a proper premium interior, with genuine leather on the seats and door cards, as well as real aluminum trim in some areas, and a high-end sound system with a cassette tape player to keep you entertained while you drive.

So what are you waiting for? Test drive a Hellblazer GT today - it won’t let you down! Besides, you’ll find yourself humming the Knight Rider theme song when you get behind the wheel of this beast, especially in the limited edition Night Shadow trim shown above.

7 Likes

1984 Nerruci 320 Spyder

Nerruci’s new, up-and-coming top of the line Grand Tourer, 320 Spyder balances between performance, feel, and luxury. Equipped with a 300+bhp 4.5-litre V8 powering the rear wheel, the 320 Spyder is fitted with a 5-speed manual transmission and geared LSD. Its 16-inch magnesium rims are lighter and results in better handling and grip through corners and makes the car movement more predictable.

Nerruci 320 Spyder Exterior

Nerruci 320 Spyder Interior

With a top speed of 170mph and 0-60 of 4 seconds, this car can certainly suit the driver’s need for speed but even with all the speed the practicality of the car is not lost. We at Nerruci Motors Corporation are able to give the consumers, a car that is balanced between performance and practicality with a sizeable luggage bay for your luggage needs.

2 Likes

I messed up the body by picking a curvy body instead of boxier kind, i made the engine and everything and I wasn’t gonna go back and build a new car… So… Oh well… Embrace the f up

HELLO

I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOU TO THE CAR

THIS IS AMERICA

AND THIS IS THE 1982 BRINDLEY WEST COAST TURBO COUPE

BALD EAGLE

THE V8 IS DEAD!!!

MODERN TIMES

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS AD

YOU LOVE THE SOUND OF INLINE 4 ENGINE

DON’T BE A COMMIE, BUY DOMESTIC!!!

8 Likes

The West Coast Turbo Coupe (ironic since Kenneth lives on the East Coast) reminds me of a contemporary Fox-body Ford Thunderbird with the 2.3L turbo I4, specifically the pre-facelift version with sealed-beam headlights. It ties into the Knight Rider connection for my entry: I deliberately designed it to resemble K.I.T.T. from the TV show, and the Brindley looks like those Thunderbirds that appeared in the Season 3 premiere, “Knight of the Drones”, as shown below:

1 Like

I smell a future build competition where we do something with all of this.

1984 Courageux Virage - Turbo

Lore, please read me

First launched in 1975 the Visage was the third generation of rear engined sports cars from Courageux.

1982 saw a mild facelift offering a new slightly larger 2849cc V6 engine and some mild styling changes to the body and interior. This was the first year galvanisation was used for the chassis.

The turbo model launched in 1984 saw a slight reduction in bore size for the engine to strengthen the block, this made it 2699cc. Along with a slight reduction is size a lighter crankshaft is used for improved throttle response. The turbo model uses fuel injection in place of the twin two barrel carburettors of the standard engine meaning it also passed federalised emissions rules.

The body of the turbo had the previously optional “Magny Cours” body styling pack as stanard. This gave larger wheel arches with side skirts, large grp rear spoiler and a deep front air dam with redesigned front grille.

Technical Specifications
Length 4.13m
Width 1.67m
Wheelbase 2.35m
Weight 998KG
Chassis Galvanised Steel Unibody
Front Suspension Double Wishbone, gas mono tube dampers
Rear Suspension Double Wishbone, gas mono tube dampers
Front Brakes 275mm ventilated, double caliper
Rear Brakes 275mm ventilated discs, single caliper
Steering rack and pinion
Front Tyres P215 60R14 96Z Radial
Rear Tyres P235 55R14 98Z Radial
Engine 2699cc V6 with fuel injection and turbocharger
Transmission five speed manual
Power 213bhp@5500rpm
Torque 316NM@4000rpm

Interior Explanation

The interior benefits from dual tone leather sports seats, shown here in blue and black.
The turbo gains a four speaker cassette radio, electric front windows and cherry wood gear knob.
A turbocharger boost gauge replaces the coin tray on the dashboard, with a overboost warning light.

14 Likes

Mercer in ALC
Mercer in ALC

(may the challenge rest in peace)

From what I know, the Visage is most reminiscent of an Alpine A310, GTA or A610 - all three of those had a rear-mounted V6 for at least part of their lifespans. And please correct me if I’m wrong, but judging by the shape of its glasshous, it looks like it was built on one of the '69 Mobula body sets, albeit in rear-engined configuration (as the spec sheet and lore clearly show).

Anyway, only 4 days have passed since the start of this stage of JOC2, but there is already a diverse selection of entries, from grand tourers to out-and-out sports cars and everything in between. And I thought my entry would be the only one with 300 horsepower or more! Still, at $24k AMU, I reckon it’s a lot of bang for the buck.

SAETA Engineering

SAETA Montaraz

The fastest 4 cylinder on the road

The car

What if we installed our finest engine on the lightest body possible? The answer to this question was the second gen of the Montaraz. The engine was already a brilliant design, being of all-alloy and DOHC construction. On top of it came a fiberglass body with enough space for two “normal sized” adults. But they weren´t thinking about practicality when they designed it.

It was about performance. A light and small body coupled with a reasonably powerful engine had been the classic sports car formula for a reason.

It was facelifted in 1981, which was considered a bold move since the market segment was increasingly dominated by hot hatches.

12 Likes

Tauscher Autowerke

The ultimate mid-life crisis car, the Tauscher 260T Turbo, finally recieved an update for 1984, it became slightly heavier but overall a better driving experience, a retuned engine and suspension made the car extremely confident on the road and on the track.

9 Likes

(sorry the writing is so bad i cranked it out in like a minute)

Gallery

14 Likes

I can’t stop looking at it, there’s just so much to see. Your best work yet you think?

2 Likes

I don’t think this is built on one of the Starion bodies, but rather one of the Mobula body sets. At any rate, this is your best work yet. Ignoring the fact that the engine is too big for Group B (and Group A) due to equivalency rules, this would have been virtually a supercar in its day.

Update: It is based on one of the Starion body sets, but you sculpted it that it turned into something else entirely.

2 Likes

Oh Damn the engine is too big? Oh well ig I’ll just make up some lore stuff for that. Also it is on the starion and I was surprised with how fast it is. Just hope Kenneth is okay with it drinking a loooooot of fuel :smiling_face_with_tear: