Journey of ownership 2 - Rising Star - Part 2D (REVIEWS ON HOLD)

1955 Artemis Pendine Speedster (262 typ-C)

in 1955 after almost 7 years of production the Pendine 262 was beginning to show it’s age. From the early A variant that came about after the war, to the latest C variant introduced in '53. It was relatively slow compared to other sportscars of the time, and whilst the C variant rectified the practicality problem by adding an additional two smaller rear seats the car was still showing it’s age significantly.

So, in June of 1955, Artemis unveiled the Speedster.

The Speedster was built on the same basic principle and factory lines as the ABC models but was more technologically advanced in almost every way. The body was now a lightweight aluminium with a galvanised steel steel chassis. The 1.5L Flat 4 was upgraded to a 2.3L Flat 6, outputting around 93 horsepower. Combined with the weight of just 931KG the Speedster achieved a 0-60 of just 10 seconds, and a highway top speed of 114mph- big numbers.

The Speedster incorporated a new windscreen/roof combination, with a more aerodynamic front panel that also improved visibility. Mirrors were door mounted, and new lightweight bumpers were added.

Overall the Speedster sold well, and one of the more popular trims was the “Ski Kit.” This essentially came with larger radial tires and a rear rack, completed with skis. This was typically sold in Northern Germany near large mountains.

This particular model was imported to the US, as sales in the US stopped in '53 with the cancellation of the Type-C. The surfboards on the back are not in fact included with the car.

$14,400 (auto price)
$910 (adjusted for inflation)

Gallery

5 Likes
En route pour les étoiles

The year is 1953, and a bunch of friends, regrouped under the name Canis Majoris, tried to launch a proper GT, but they were facing a major problem. You see, France is better known for its wine and cheese, rather than noble engines. So they searched and found, rather conveniently, a big V8 overseas. They put their sight on a 6.3L V8, producing around 240hp and 400Nm of torque. Paired with a 4-speed manual, this bad boy could propel this vessel from 0 to 100 kph in under 7s, and achieve top speed of more than 220 kph. And with that, they could properly work. After developing and testing some concepts, in 1956, the Canis Majoris EC600 is unveiled to the public.

Gallery

5 Likes

1955 Benetsch Buhrie SKA

Because why make a totally unique car for a challenge when you already have the right tool for the job?

When Soresia’s premium Benetsch marque came to America, its flagship product at the time - the Buhrie - ended up in a weird ‘luxury compact’ niche, as most domestic luxury cars - like Buicks and Lincolns - were considerably larger. This was fine by the company, as it did not have the production capacity to satisfy a horde of mainstream buyers - the weirdo rich people would do.

However, there was another type of “smaller, but expensive” car slowly becoming fashionable in the US - the Muscle Car. You paid not necessarily for equipment, but for a powerful engine under the hood. Benetsch decided to hop onto this trend.

The Buhrie SKA (an abbreviation that roughly translated to “American Sports Coupe”) was an extreme development of the marque’s sportier European Buhrie variants. The engine was bored and stroked to its limits, yielding a respectable if still somewhat modest 4.2 liters, and fitted with a mean cam and a large 4-barrel carburetor. This ‘Americanized’ setup managed 210 horsepower and a mean, lopey report.

The rest of the car likewise underwent a ‘serious evolution’ rather than a total revamp. The brakes are still drums, but with furious amounts of brake ducting like a Chrysler 300B. The transmission is still a column-shifted manual, but it has a standard 4 gears. The interior is still roomy enough for full back seats, but they’re all buckets with a big central console running the length of the interior. The steering, as with all of the light-on-their-feet, rear-engined Benetsch cars, is a manual rack setup, and the Buhrie has been Americanized somewhat by a white roof painted to emulate the hardtop loop of many an American sedan or coupe. It’s all just more of the same, but is that really a problem?

Especially since luxury did not have to be sacrificed to get to the car’s severe level of performance. There’s leather, a good radio, all that stuff. And the car’s well-built body promises to last a while.

7 Likes

Around 8 hours remaining

Right now I have received ads and cars from:

@Ch_Flash
@ChemaTheMexican
@GassTiresandOil
@Lanson
@cake_ape
@DrPepper2002
@donutsnail
@voiddoesnotknow
@Bbestdu28
@Texaslav

I received an ads but could not find a car from you @Knugcab

5 Likes
Nevermind, a full 1 point over the ET limit

Swanson 225 SPC

The 125’s bigger, gaudier brother, with some more space (mostly wasted for the f l o w), an overdose of chrome and a similarly outrageous price tag at 18.000$. 2.5L Boxer 6 now at 118hp, for a 112 mph top speed and 1/4 mile in under 18 seconds.

:skull:

4 Likes

Subs are closed now.

Thanks to everyone, a total of 12 entries were submitted, with @Knugcab and @Ludvig completing the tally.

Judging might be delayed this weekend, but hopefully I can start posting results early or mid next week.

7 Likes

Sorry about the pings - a new update dropped. I compare data from some of the exports I did before the patch and the updated cars and did not see anything significant. Maybe a few fractions of kW on the engine, but seems barely noticeable.

I have a very charged schedule for the next 3 days and plan to start reviewing afterward. If you want, you can recheck your cars and verify if anything is amiss with the update - if so, let me know. I do not expect to allow resubs, but you have a few days to check if I missed something.

@Ch_Flash
@ChemaTheMexican
@GassTiresandOil
@Lanson
@cake_ape
@DrPepper2002
@donutsnail
@voiddoesnotknow
@Bbestdu28
@Texaslav
@Knugcab
@Ludvig

6 Likes

JOC2A BIN AND REVIEWS PART 1

Kenneth know nothing about cars… How could he find the best car out there for him?

A coworker of his recommended a local mechanic. He used to work at dealers, and knows car and luxury one pretty well.

He arranged for the mechanic to research the market and find him a bunch of cool cars! He can pay him well.

Kenneth was giddy that morning, he was to meet the mechanic, Mitch. He said he found 12 cars that could suit him. When he got into the small office at his garage, he got super excited seeing a mountain of folders on the desk.

“Hi, I am Kenneth, nice to meet you Mitch.” said Kenneth.

“A pleasure sir. Let’s get you a proper car, here’s the lot of them.” responded the mechanic.

BINS

Swanson 225sPC @Ludvig

Kenneth saw the mechanic did not give him all folders, he kept one.

“Can I see it?” asked Kenneth.

“Well, you can but you won’t be able to actually buy it - it’s just a concept car at this point, none did leave the factory yet.” the mechanic responded.

Kenneth took the folder and looked at it. Wow, what a looker. It was speaking to him.

“A bummer, looks really great.” said Kenneth, a bit down.

“Yeah. They still are sorting out engineering issues and the production line, won’t be ready for you. A real shame” responded Mitch.

(BINNED due to Trim Engineering being at 66 ET. That’s too bad, it looked like a great entry.)

REVIEWS

in no particular order

Trident Arrowhead @DrPepper2002

Kenneth takes the first folder on the pile. The Trident. The style looks good, it looks like a true sportscar. Sleek.

The price looks good, and looking at the performance values, it looks good. 0-60 in around 8 seconds, about 170hp, seems to be made to run around a track.

“It looks like a race car!” exclaimed Kenneth.

“For sure, it is probably the sportiest entry here, not the most powerful but if you want to bring it to a track day, it will eat competition” responded Mitch the mechanic.

“That’s bragging right for sure! I’d probably have to pay someone to drive it on track day tho, not my cup of tea. Still, let’s keep it!” confidently said Kenneth.

Armor Sunburst @GassTiresandOil

“Wow!” exclaimed Kenneth.

The Sunburst was quite a looker. The pastel salmon color was interesting, not his favorite, but it looked very good. Very very good. It spoke to him. Wheels were very stylish.

“This one is an enigma”, said the mechanic. “Performance levels are on par with the Trident, same HP, similar numbers, but slower around a track, and it drives great in a city because it has powered steering, pretty rare and exclusive. Not as sporty of a drive tho. It is very american, with a rear solid axle. Also very resistant to the elements, the only fully corrosion treated chassis.”

Power steering!? Solid axle? He’d probably have to drive it to understand what Mitch was saying.

“One good thing is that it is cheap to maintain, but drinks a lot at the pump - not that you’d mind” said Mitch.

Not super important, but we’ll see. Kenneth moved the folder to the keep pile and opened the next one.

Braucht (previously Artemis) Pendine Speedster 262 C (Ski Kit) @voiddoesnotknow

Kenneth recoiled a bit when opening the folder for the Braucht. The fluorescent orangina was a bit, err, weird. Speedsters are nice tho, but it did not appeal to Kenneth.

“Ah, you opened the Braucht folder? Yeah, an oddball, it even has a ski rack.” laughed Mitch.

It was about the same price as the Armor, but was much less stylish. The speedster look was great to cruise around, but it did not look prestigious at all, and did not look very comfortable. Was rear-engined, aluminium panels, and one of those rare monocoque import. Very small as well. Very standard ameneties, he was looking for more than that.

“Like the previous 2 cars, it does come with brand new radial tires. A bit of an hassle to find and maintain here.” said Mitch.

Not much going for it, this won’t be one he’ll try.

(Styling is the real killer here unfortunately. It also does not bring a lot of value, and Prestige is the lowest.)

Benetsch Buhrie SKA @Texaslav

A real american car, Kenneth thought. It looks luxurious and with some power. He was only partially wrong.

“Ah the Benetsch, a looker and a doer”, said the mechanic, “Not the most drivable, but one of the more exclusive offering on the market. For a premium.”

“Am I reading this right? It accelerates in under 7 seconds?” said Kenneth, incredulous.

Mitch nodded. “Yep, the fastest in straight line with the Canis, and it even can compete with the Trident on the track.”

“Ok, a no brainer then. The two tone and white walls are great” said Kenneth.

“Yes sir, on beefy american crossplys even”, responded Mitch, “But I must correct you, it comes from oversea - it is rear-engined with an aluminium body and full independant suspension. You won’t normally find that locally.”

That is a unique proposal. It even fooled Kenneth. Let’s keep it.

Floyd Motor Co (FMC) Sabre Six @Lanson

Another looker Kenneth thought. Color is a bit drab, but very nicely styled.

“That is a true american made car, right?”, asked Kenneth, suspiciously.

“It sure it chief!”, answered excitedely the mechanic, “Some say it is not very comfortable, but it is a decent performer, all aluminium body, pretty light and as agile as the Trident. Unlike many of its competitor, it is much cheaper to maintain and very cheap to fuel up, surprisingly.”

Kenneth liked that, a no-nonsense car with good value all around. It was much cheaper than the Benetsch as well. Like it’s american competition, the Armor, the Mechanic told him again that it has a solid axle in the rear, supposedly making it less drivable.

“Oh, it is the first of the bunch that has a limited slip diff at clutch to keep those crossply behaving.” said Mitch.

“Good, seems a good option!” responded Kenneth.

Turból Caelus @donutsnail

Definitely not an american this time, it has those squiggly lines on vowels. However, that detail was not very important - look at this baby!!!

“That is one sexy car” drooled Kenneth.

“Oh yeah the Turból, nice right? Guess how much it costs?” asked the mechanic.

“As much as the Benetsch?”, hesitated Kenneth.

Mitch pointed at the price on the sheet.

“Holy! It is that cheap? Probably only has its look but nothing else at that price?” asked Kenneth.

It turned out that it WAS an american car. The branding made it look exotic and was created to sell european-style cars to the americans. Still, people are raving about its drivability and comfort, although it is not sporty at all. Light, somewhat agile, drives well, but not a race car for sure. Actually the slowest of the gang.

“Bummer about performance, but just for its sexy lines, it’s a keeper!” exclaimed Kenneth.

Fanella Rimini Speedster @Ch_Flash

A second speedster! Driving around in one is always fun, but not in wintertime.

“So what is the story on the Fanella?” asked Kenneth.

Mitch proceeded to explain how it was as unsporty as the last one, possibly worse. Not the most reliable nor was it cheap to maintain. A fun drive tho.

Kenneth liked the style a lot, that was a proper speedster without a ski rack. It was decently cheap at least.

Kenneth was not sure, but it was such a nice looking car that he decided he wanted to see more of it.

Mons Celer mk1 GT-R @cake_ape

“Now are getting in GT territory with the Celer.” said Mitch.

“What does GT means?” asked Kenneth.

The mechanic shrugged.

It looks good, but the shape was a bit bulky. The color did not suit the car well, hidding a bit the details and the lines, a green might have worked better, but nevertheless a solid looking car.

“You won’t find a more fun drive around, it is super agile in the corners and it is also probably the most comfortable car of the lot” said Mitch.

It seemed to be average in terms of performance, far from being sporty like the Trident, Benetsch or FMC. However, he was not looking for a pure sports car anyway.

“It is built on a space frame, some kind of advance chassis, with double wishbone all around, power steering, a side of ham with some mashed potatoes and whole lotta gravy.” rambled on the mechanic, clearly seeing Kenneth was not understanding a thing he said.

It does seem like a complete package, let’s keep it thought Kenneth.

Canis Majoris EC600 @Bbestdu28

Now time for some French action. Kenneth was not enthusiastic about this car.

Looks bland, the flake paint is nice but… nothing much breaks it, no good lines. Seems like a gas guzzler as well, but a bomb!!

“I was not sure if I should have included it. It is costly, super agile but hard to drive, prestigious but not comfortable. It IS the fastest car of the lot! You know why? It is French but has a huge V8 in its belly, which is great…” said Mitch.

“I am sensing a ‘but’ here?” said Kenneth.

“It does not have much else for it. It is really hit or miss. It is another GT like the Celer. What do you think?” asked Mitch.

Kenneth already selected some nice performance car already, much better looking than this, and prefered the Celer over the Canis.

(The best performance car of the lot, but low drivability plus very low comfort for its class was a big let down. The styling is good but a bit simple, the flake did not actually helped. Secondary stats were not a saving grace here neither unfortunately.)

Vaughn Torpedo V8 @Knugcab

The Vaughn Torpedo. Wow, this looks like a real slick car, the lines are great on it.

“What do you think of the color?” asked Mitch.

“Actually… I do like it, it suits the car well and enhanced the lines. A bit drab and not super flashy tho.” responded Kenneth.

Another very cheap car, but unlike the Turból, it did not bring as much value to the lot. Low comfort without even a radio or amenities like steering assist made it a very barebone car, certainly not prestigious. Performance were great tho.

It was not an old car, but felt aging. He did love the look, but it just was not enough to make the list.

(Good performance, but it is middling or behind the pack for everything else, it really does not bring a lot to the table compared to its competitors, even at such a low price. The Turból is the complete opposite and is even cheaper)

Fairburn FGT @ChemaTheMexican

The Fairburn. The dark green was nice, a bit dark, but looks good on such a small package. The rear felt a bit empty tho.

“The Fairburn is interesting. It is made of fiber glass, super light small and nimble, but still not the leading car there. I heard it was not super comfortable” said Mitch.

Kenneth saw a lot of cars today, it did seem one of the sportiest car of the lot, decently fast, but it was missing something. Its look has something off about it. Beside good fuel economy, it did not seperate itself from its competition.

He had to draw the line somewhere. He deliberated for a few minutes, but decided to draw the line right here. It’s out.

(Was made to be a small, light and agile car that could destroy others in handling… but it did not. Lots of middling stats, but the low comfort, styling and high price did not help.)

Kenneth was happy, he did go through 12 cars today! He was glad he was recommended Mitch, he seemed professional and seemed to knew what he was talking about. Kenneth knew airplanes well, could understand a bit about engines but cars were not his forte.

7 cars got through, still a lot. He was to get with Mitch tomorrow and go through in details for each cars…

However when he called home to give the news to his mother, he became rather grim. Bad news, his dad was admitted to the hospital.

He was able to catch Mitch before leaving. He told him to arrange for test drives of all 7 cars next week instead of their meeting tomorrow, he needed to take care of his family for now.

So the people going to the 2A round finals are:
@cake_ape
@Ch_Flash
@donutsnail
@Lanson
@Texaslav
@GassTiresandOil
@DrPepper2002

Congrats and good luck.

9 Likes

I’m sorry if it may sound petty, but how was the styling not what he was looking for? The Porsche 356 was listed as an inspiration- and the Braucht was extremely similar

3 Likes

No worries. Yes, a bit too similar and simple, he was also looking for a bit more luxury than the 356 speedster, the details were not up to par compared to most entries. It was missing a bit of sophistication and attention to detail, and the ski rack did not help brand it as a luxury personal car.

There were just a ton of very very good styling this round. Even the Fairburn was hampered by this with a sparse rear end - it did not cut it against competition even if the front was really good.

But, styling was only one part of the evaluation here.

I guess I understand the detailing, and the simplicity- it was made in like a day, so… yeah.

Turból is American, but the name was meant to evoke European-ness to an American buying public; it’s a fancification of the corporate TURBOL name formed from the 1930s merger of Turner Vehicle Group and Bolland. I guess it was maybe too successful, lol!

Haha, sorry about that, I probably got confused with another brand, will make the correction.

No need! It seems accurate for an American buyer in the era to assume it simply must be European if it’s got a funny accent in the name, hahaha

1 Like

Woo that’s a tough field so far, so many beautiful cars.

People sure did bring their A-game! not making my life easy at all.

In other words, it’s a fancier portmanteau of Turner-Bolland.

JOC2A REVIEWS PART 2 - FINALS

Kenneth was in a foul mood when he got to the first dealership, Trident.

His father was still getting tested, they were not sure what was the issue yet, that infuriated him.

Then his current girlfriend left him. He really needs a new car.

Good thing that Mitch scheduled the 7 test drives for today. He could not be here, but Kenneth will meet in when he’s done.

Hopefully this ordeal will put him in a good mood.

TEST DRIVE

in no particular order

Trident Arrowhead @DrPepper2002

Kenneth got into the Arrowhead. Luxury interior, good stitching. Top quality AM radio, two smaller seats in the back - that can come him handy he thought.

It was comfortable, much much more than his chevy, he’ll have to compare to the others tho.

Kenneth put his hand on the stick, turned on the engine and engaged the 4-speed.

WOAH!

He grabbed the wheel hard. That thing goes. The salesman with him looked at him severely - ok ok, he’ll slow down.

They were in Oak Park so he probably got on the 20, promptly cutting a corner very sharp - the Trident followed along. Did not even blinked. This thing handles.

Drive is good overall, the mouthy passenger talked about the medium compound ties, open differential, independent front and rear suspension… that meant nothing to Kenneth. He was having fun.

As Mitch said, this thing could go 'round a track quickly. And he’s no expert. Still had to not push it too much.

When he got back to the dealer, he looked at the sheet Mitch prepared - Very high service cost, average reliability, top class safety. The price is good, well below his budget.

Ok, this is gonna be a great day! On to the next car.

Armor Sunburst @GassTiresandOil

The Armor Sunburst in all it’s glory. He still liked the styling, could have been another pastel color but oh well, did not detract for the stylish trim.

It seemed similar in length to the Trident but was obviously much more imposing. Another 4-speed, and this one has a solid axle behind, or so says Mitch’s notes.

He got in and saw the different right away. The interior was only premium, but it had 4 full seats, was much roomier, and had a newfangle Phonograph - wow, that is so prestigious. It seems higher quality than the Trident and felt much more comfortable despite being less luxurious.

Then he left the dealership behind him. Speed-wise, it seems as fast as the Trident really, but feels a bit more sluggish at high speed. The salesman gave him the stinkeyes as he changed lane to take a corner. Not as sporty as the Trident, but drives well otherwise. Surprising that they are as fast tho - would that be because of the axle-thingy?

One thing he knew right away - turning the wheel was much much easier than he’s used to. “Power steering” said the nervous passenger. That is brand new on the market. This is a high tech machine.

Overall, good experience. Feel more prestigious, more comfortable, as fast, also much cheaper to maintain according to Micth, and very reliable. However, he looked at the fuel gauge as he got out of the car - wow, this thing drinks.

This is turning out to be a fun day… but it won’t be easy for him.

Benetsch Buhrie SKA @Texaslav

Ahh, the not-really-an-american-car-but-looks-like-one Benetsch. Looks splendid in person, very luxurious chrome trims.

A bit bigger than the Armor, it has a huge V8 in there. Kenneth felt it rumble as soon as he started it. Another 4-speed, the interior was very similar to the Armor, but without the Phonograph, just a pedestrian AM radio, bummer.

However, this was not your typical american car - the engine was in the back. That is weird, thought Kenneth. And it showed as soon as he got out of the dealer’s parking.

“THIS IS A BOMB!” he screamed, internally. The salesman jumped, maybe he heard him or was it the sidewalk he narrowly missed?

He needs to be careful because the rear seems to he harder to control, especially at lower speed. About as agile as the Armor, it is fast in a straight line for sure.

This one has prestige on its side - this is a big performance package. However his mechanic said it was one of the priciest to maintain, but has the most safety equipment. The high price and high fuel consumption is not helping.

He needs more. MORE!

Floyd Motor Co (FMC) Sabre Six @Lanson

The FMC looked as good in person as it did in that photo.

Very similar in size than the Trident, same smaller seats behind, luxurious interior but of higher quality than the Trident.

Feels like the Trident at firstm but when pushing it … it still felt very similar. Surprisingly, it feels less comfortable.

Most likely the suspension tuning said the salesman. He’ll have to learn about cars a bit better at some point, seems complicated.

It is sporty tho, same as the Benetsch but a bit easier to handle since the motor is in the right place. Mitch said this one has limited slip diff… not sure what it is, but he felt the wheel were not “as slippery”.

The engine here was much smaller, and it did not felt as fancy as the Benetsch. Still, the fact is was so uncomfortable was worrisome. Maintenance costs were average according to Mitch, but not a ton of safety options.

At least the price was right, but the cars all seems to blur for Kenneth at this point.

Turból Caelus @donutsnail

Now the not-american-car-that-was-really-made-here Turból! The name comes from Turner and Bolland and was European-ized it seems.

It still looked gorgeous tho. That pastel color was perfect for Kenneth. He also felt right at home as soon as he got in.

It feels even more comfortable than the Armor. Surprising, because when you look at it, it felt more premium than luxurious! 2 seats only in there, but that was enough for him.

It was a bit smaller than the other he tested today. Surprisingly, it only has a 3-speed, much less than competition, and much less horsepower as well.

It was probably too good to be true… but wait, Kenneth started it, then 239 engine roars and…

Sputtering. Well, not literally. It was far from being as fast as the other. Acceleration was slow… well, maybe not compared to his Chevy, but nothing like the Benetsch. Mitch warned him.

Surprisingly, it felt sportier than the Armor still, despite being slower. However, it was smooth as silk, the drive in the city was effortless.

Ok, that was actually different. He was not sure what to think yet, but Mitch noted one thing for the Caelus - CHEAP!

Fanella Rimini Speedster @ChFlash

The speedster looked good in person. This looks classy, and will be fun to drive around with no top.

The interior was very similar to the last one, two seater premium, but a bit less quality-made. The engine was quite beefy on this one, a very modern engine as well.

When he turned the ignition, he knew this one would be special. It felt more comfortable than the Turból and has more power… only to not deliver at all. Barely faster, it felt a slug at high speed, even worse than the Armor. It drove rather well a normal speeds tho, but it was not enough to make it fun.

It could not even turn properly, had to take long wide turns. It was so promising. Looking at Mitch’s notes, he was not sure why he had high expectations - Costly to maintain, worst reliability, worse than average economy.

Yeah, the test drive really confirmed what he initially thought about it.

Mons Celer mk1 GT-R @cake_ape

What a day. A long one.

He got to a Mons dealership last. Nice machine, it looked good in person, but the shape was still not as classic or sleek as he’d like.

Everything changed when Kenneth got inside tho. Very luxurious and super high quality, it did lack the Armor’s Phonograph, but it was much, much more comfortable, even the 2 small seats behind looked very comfortable.

The engine did not have a ton of power compared to the others, but it handled like a mix between the Trident and Armor… but without the speed. About as fast as the Fanella. A bit disapointing.

Still, it drive as good as the speedster did, was much more agile around the corner, on par with the Trident.

According to his mechanic, this is an all-rounder in most category, a good middle ground maybe to settle on? He’ll have to debrief.

Kenneth met Mitch at his garage. He had a big smile on his face.

“How did it go?” asked Mitch.

“Wow, it was fun! Not sure the salesmen did have as much fun as me tho” laughed Kenneth. “I think I even started to understand some of the technicalities like the power slip diff and limited steering!”

Mitch shrugged. They debrief for about an hour. The more Kenneth talked, the more he realize pure performance is not the top criteria here - he’s in Chicago and he will rarely go on the open road. As a pilot, he won’t have a ton of time at home anyway. But the speed is invigorating and pretty prestigious…

That was a hard dilemma for him.

Finally, he decided what he was going to do...

Satisified with his choice, Kenneth said goodbye and paid Mitch, got his coat on and took his Chevy to the … Turból dealership!! As Kenneth signed the paperwork for the Caelus, he remembered he should call his mother after and get some news… but that will be a concern for another day as he’ll soon be the owner of a cheap but stylish Turból!!!

It was the best looking, the most drivable and the cheapest of the lot, and comfort/prestige was good enough despite the low performance numbers. All secondary stats were stellar as well, a very strong entry!

Here is the final ranking
@donutsnail
@Texaslav
@cake_ape
@DrPepper2002
@GassTiresandOil
@Lanson
@Ch_Flash
@ChemaTheMexican
@Knugcab
@Bbestdu28
@voiddoesnotknow

Congrats to the winner and thanks to everyone that participated

OOC: Sorry to the finalists, I took low quality pic of the cars inadvertently and I am currently too tired to retake them, I will update the photos tomorrow.

10 Likes

While I would be interested in hosting, I will not have access to my PC until Sunday, so I will pass down to keep the ball rolling.

@Texaslav

I have grad school admissions, so nah. Congrats to you, rights go to @cake_ape (and probably further down because cake’s running LHC)