Journey of Ownership 3C - Bahnstormer 1978 [FINISHED]

Lots of highway driving, check. What about light off/bad-road? Does Magda ever visit more remote wilderness areas, or go skiing?

Would RX-8 style rear doors be too much of an anachronism, or too far removed from the definition of a shooting brake?

2 Likes

Agreed - and perhaps more importantly, the variant year/techpool cap combination doesn’t allow for V10s in the first place. In fact, with the 1985 unlock year of V10s, you couldn’t make one even if you had +15 family techpool.

1 Like

Yeah the V10 slipped out as more of an oversight due to semi-hastily drawn out rulesets. I’ll just keep it as it is since… submitting a V10 isn’t an issue when you literally cannot legally submit one in the first place.

This is fine. I’m all for outlandish (within reason) design ideas. Suicide doors, asymmetry, bubble shapes or early wedges… doesn’t really matter as long as you’re off the rails by a long margin. Go crazy.

I will give you some minor extra points for it, but it’s not a major concern to have decent offroadability.

1 Like

I was wondering something. Am i allowed to use a turbo, and not get instabinned? If i techpool spam only the turbo i can use one on my BetterDeals.

1 Like

I’m not the host, but given that the host is permitting clamshell doors, I’d be guessing it’s allowed. And I also personally think it should be, given that we’re dealing in mid-to-high end sports cars here. Spam tech, sacrifice some cost, get big prestige numbers.

4 Likes

1968 Mayster Triumf 2.0 Shooting Brake

Once Archanan boutique sportscar manufacturer Mayster had established themselves with their Triumf 1.6 coupe and 2.0 roadster in the later 60s, they continued tinkering with further variants, including a longer wheelbase 2+2 seater basis, and a shooting brake variant on the long-wheelbase version.

Since the LWB versions were heavier than the standard 2 seater coupe, they were only available with the 2.0 litre flat-4, making 100 hp for 1968.

OOC: If you really want some deep dive on related lore, here you go: CSR149: Take Me Away (Complete) - #82 by AndiD. (Never thought that the throwaway shooting brake version I created for the short CSR lore video scene on a whim would get some actual challenge use…)

8 Likes

By all means, go for it

2 Likes

47 hours till the deadline, judging by the amount of entries in my inbox, and the amount of adverts I’ve seen, I’m assuming this challenge has simply fallen behind on people’s to-do list due to inactivity (mostly I’m to blame as the host with absolutely fuck all time allocation).

I could either:

1/ Keep the deadline as it is.
2/ Increase the deadline by another 3, 5 or 7 days depending on the general consensus.

Let me know.

3 Likes

I guess it’s more that Shooting Brakes are not a favourite to most people

2 Likes

Mine is almost done. Just need badging and the interior.

1 Like

Keep the deadline, please. I need to sleep and eat sometime…

It’s a-comin’. Rain, shine, blizzard… it’ll get there, and in good time too.

5 Likes

The problem is I’ve seen more people telling me in my inbox for both of the recent challenges I’ve hosted to lengthen the deadlines.
Now TMCC deadline was extended for no reason because the 3 people who asked for it in the first place dipped for their own reasons :stuck_out_tongue:
Should I assume the same for this? You never know what’s the best course of action is for situations like these

2 Likes

I hope you’re not pissed at me for that. I was - as I said - finishing up exam season, and whereas I really thought I could squeeze in the last stretch or two of work needed to finish my car, it just proved not to be the case. One of my exams went poorly and I was stuck being paranoid about failing right before my scheduled graduation.

2 Likes

Nah not pissed at all, that’s why I said “for their own reasons”.
It’s just a game at the end of the day and it’s something all of us do in our free times. And frankly, my own exams are going quite horrendously so I totally get it.

2 Likes

The 1968 Hammardin Gladiator V2 GTSB (In partner with @xsneakyxsimx, all i did was the design)

A fast yet sensible sportscar. With stunning styling and amazing engineering, the Hetvesian built Shooting Brake is the best option around.

More Photos

19 Likes

THY HOLY HAND GRENADE

1968 DURENDAL POMONA

An Aussie-American Musclecar with luxury overtones and a liftgate.

4.4 liter V8 making 280 net horsepower, 4-speed manual transmission, and a geared diff combined with a luxurious interior and completely balanced suspension. 2000 copies have been earmarked for production, but one can be special ordered upon request.

13 Likes

1968 Primus Solair

Based on the all-new Astrona, this new sports wagon should bring some fresh wind to the US market. Of course, it is available in Europe, too, since it´s from an Austrian Company.

PRE PRODUCTION MODEL WITH GOOFY FUEL CAP. WILL BE FIXED ON THE PRODUCTION CAR

11 Likes

Less than 24 hours remaining!

I have received car and ad from:
@Ch_Flash
@Happyhungryhippo
@AndiD
@GassTiresandOil

I have received ad/sneak peaks, but no cars from:
@DrDoomD1scord /@xsneakyxsimx
@moroza

I have received car, but no ad from:
@Riley

The clock ticketh!

4 Likes

What are Magda’s interior color preferences?

1 Like

I made this last weekend and forgot about the deadline :skull:
Swanson 225 PWC

The “Wagon Coupe” may be ordered with either a partition wall or a removable back seat, the former intended for light delivery work and travelling salesmen. The latter, as shown, comes with the same interior as the regular wagon.
As befits a top of the line Premium trim, it’s shiny & chrome, plushy inside and has both a sunroof and a fresh air system to keep the big greenhouse cool.
A 130ps overhead cam boxer 6 drives the rear wheels through a 5 4-speed manual. Being small and lightweight makes it nimble and peppy, and light on the lead poisoning too.
14.000 DM

Summary

Ironically, it’s too short to carry actual “cargo 200” in dignity, unless you plan to cart around Hessian mercenaries

11 Likes