[LHC] - Letara History Challenge - Rd 5 [Results being posted]

Letara, 1976

Ludger Frehse greeted his colleague Lionel Lomax. “So, let’s show you your new Globus model. It’s done, finally.”
“How is the Premier going after it’s first year?”
“Too early to tell. Now let me present you the Stallion. You see that sports car? This is where the engine is from. We prepared it for next year’s racing in Letara, and so we had the idea to use the now dismounted engine as the one to be taken for the Stallion. It’s a lot more fun to drive than the Premier sedan, nevertheless, consumption isn’t higher. Take a seat.”
“Well, it’s a small market niche, Ludger. However, you have proved to be an expert in that aspect, I remember the success of the Publica ST.”

“Exactly. However, our racing team won’t have something competetive, rallycross is something nobody in the team had experience with, however, our specially tuned RT320 did at least qualify for it.”

When entering the Stallion and going for a test drive, Lomax did have a pleased facial expression. “It’s comfortable, but not too plushy for nice cornering. The V6 really lacks V8 emotion, but besides that, accelleration is brisk and economy great.”
“Sure. This one is another segment-breaker. It’s a sports coupe with four full-size seats that you would buy if a family car has to be fancier than your neighbour’s sedan, or you basically want a sports car but prefer good old values like comfort and space without sacrificing fun in the driving experience”, advertized Frehse, who lighted a cigar.

“So… a car for people who are not able to afford a Gran Turismo?”
“Yeah, Lionel, you got the idea.”

9 Likes

Round 4 is closed for entries now. Without further ado:

Rd. 4 RESULTS

Chapter 1: politics, economy, and natural environment

Economy and natural disasters 1946-1984.

POLITICS

International: Letara maintained its status as a diplomatic powerhouse during this decade. Several high-profile international conflicts were resolved at the International Court of Peace Negotiations (ICPN) in Fiegheni, and Letara had a strong presence at the Global Federation Summit (GFS). Now that the border conflict with Montelin was resolved and Montelin peacefully withdrew from the Letaran peninsula, their relationship was improving slowly, but surely. Although a relatively small nation, Letara was punching above its weight in all areas it seems, and was a well-respected member of the international community of nations. Somunds, a long-term ally of Letara was very pleased too with their continued alliance. However, with their economy taking a small dip, they have ceased sending aid to Letara - which was not a large blow to Letara considering its own thundering economy. There is talk of reciprocating Somunds’ earlier aid to Letara with tariff concessions and other aid packages to prop up Letara’s most valuable neighbour in their hour of need.

Domestic: Politically, the country continued its long era of stability. The social programs and continued investement in the country seem to be paying off, people have more money in their pockets, so why change the system? All political parties’ mindsets are shifting toward a more spending-focused agenda. Minor squabbles are still the norm of course, but overall there is a sense that things are heading in the right direction. The generation that lived through the darkest of the “dark '50s” are starting to collect their pensions, demanding more and more social programs - they worked hard to get the country back on its feet, so they deserve the fruits of their labour in a cozy retirement.

RP effects: The government will have a large spending budget (spending tokens) - these will be added to the pool of tokens the car companies collectively spend during Rd. 5 Preface. The gov’t spending priorities may or may not augment company spending, and will focus on large-scale infrastructure projects.

ECONOMY

The economy of Letara experienced considerable growth - nay, an explosion - in this decade. Especially in the early '80s the country could be said to have entered a period of unparalleled prosperity. The small blips down in '77, '81, and '83 were not even worth mentioning. Businesses and people prospered, factories worked as hard as they could, and Letaran goods were exported as fast as the infrastructure allowed. There was considerable optimism and everyone and everything invested their wealth into new ventures all over Letara. The general population prospered and the middle class grew. People finally had money to spend on more than just the basics in life.

RP effects: With the economy blossoming, people are more optimistic about the future than ever before. The middle-class now has quite a lot of money to spend, and is also willing to spend it. People relax their caution in this decade, and allow themselves a little “extra” - a second car perhaps? Companies would do well to capitalize on the growing prosperity.

NATURAL ENVIRONMENT

If the '40s and '50s could be described as outright calamitous, this decade is outright… boring. No natural disasters happened between '75 and '83, and only a minor forest fire was recorded in '84 - caused by some careless tourists in Letara’s popular National Park. The climate was good too during this decade and crops prospered. Although volcanologists are a vigilant type, they couldn’t even record the smallest of rumbles at Mt. Modred. The only issue that the Letaran notes is that with the growing prosperity, emissions from overworked factories and recently more crowded roads is leading to more and more air pollution, which in turn leads to respiratory issues in big cities among the more vulnerable. This is perhaps something that needs addressing in the very near future…

RP effects: The agricultural and forestry industries are booming, leading to talks about opening new lands for these industries. Factories are looking to expand too, but are cautious about future mandates on pollution control measures.

Car reviews and other results to follow shortly!

24 Likes

Kamaka Car Present Feature: 1977 XSM-1 and 1980 Destiny

Kamaka Motor Corporation proud to do introduce next generation for iconic Destiny. Destiny platform taken extreme versatile. Able to configure budget family car to performing highly turbocharge sports car.

XSM-1

XSM-1 concept newest additional to our Letara racing legacy, turbo technology test. Potential on racing is enormous, this place it is the of new rallycross series. Experimental V6 turbo the on middle producing over 500 horsepower, our with able to only hope the of highest performing possible.

Destiny 2000 EX

For 1980 Destiny it the continuity legacy originate first destiny on Letara 1962. Fun to drove sedan of everyone. Comes taking standard 2 liter I6. Makes 110 horsepower. Equip has carburetors to create service easy.

Destiny 2000GT Turbo Wagon

Only not wagon insure practicality extra, also performing with turbocharger fuel inject. Makes 170 horsepower. 0-60 7.5 second. Purely workhorse being wagon no longer.

Destiny 2000 XS-Turbo

2000 XS-Turbo perform highest from line up. Although 2 cylinder remove for make in line 4, make up for dual over the head shaft four valves turbo inject. Make 207 horsepower. Fine tuned further guarantee performing maximum.

Destiny Police Interceptor

Full potential Destiny is unleashed for police interceptor proposal. Compromise not being make for any part. Featuring top secret 2.8 liter straight six turbo. Make 400 hp. Top speed 185 mph guarantee any car catched.

22 Likes

PRIMUS Highway Interceptor proposal

The Astrona III is a common sight on the highway, even if it is only available for two years. Powerful yet economic engines, a stable and secure ride with surprising cornering abilities for a car of it’s size, and a roomy and modern interior.

Based on the Astrona 260 GLX, the following changes were made:

• Increased engine size of the OHC V6 to 3.6 liter and over 200hp, allowing a top speed of 150 mph (240 kmh), noticeably more than most road cars. Since police officers are trained professionals that know how to operate it, a five-speed manual was the choice of transmission.

• Spacious interior and trunk, allowing easy transportation of equipment and delinquents.

• Robust interior, featuring standard black leather, the wood trim was deleted, the other GLX features not. Power windows and mirrors, electronic check control system, high quality radio, everything was kept as the officers spend the whole day in it and deserve some comfort.

• Steel rims, they are more durable than the GLX’ alloys, and it’s a government car, after all

• Upgraded brakes and wider tires to handle the extra power.

6 Likes

I know if I lives in Letara id definitely want one of these

4 Likes

Rd. 4 RESULTS

Chapter 2: :wastebasket:

This post will be OOC as it’s just dealing with some unfortunate housekeeping before I get to the meat and bones of the reviews. Y’all seemed to like this format, so here goes. Perhaps some bad news for some, but maybe also some relief for others. So, let’s rip the band-aid off, get the less fun stuff out of the way, so we can get to the good stuff.

CONSUMER CATEGORY

Although I strive to have as few bins in the consumer category as possible, there are still things that cannot be explained away or swept under the rug in some RP/lore friendly fashion. These cars broke some hard rules:

@donutsnail Turból 550 Letara: Engine at TP 5 (other trims are fine).

@doot KHI 792 Pelican and KHI 792 Sparrow: Both engine family and top end TP at 10. The KHI 792 GT20 is fine.
After checking it was a legit game issue and these cars are re-instated.

@DrDoomD1scord all three consumer trims: Driver assist TP at 3 (max is 2). Also for C3 engine internals TP are at 5.

GOVERNMENT ASSIGNMENT

@ChemaTheMexican Garland Determinator Interceptor: Rear downforce >0.

@Ch_Flash Martinet Erable Police: No side markers visible. Those lights are not what you can classify as wrap-around; they are not visible from a 90 degree side-on view.

@DrDoomD1scord TIO - Hawk MFR-12 TT R730 (Letara Market) Clone: Several engine parts at TP5.

@FidleDo Liberty Familia Highway Patrol Car: Most engine parts at TP5.

@GassTiresandOil Kessel Tornado Pursuit: Rear side marker is orange, not red.

@GetWrekt01 Macht Teuton Jaeger 032 LHPD: Rear side marker is orange, not red.

@IDK158 Vausse Naviria LHCI: All engine parts at TP5.

@ldub0775 General Auto G500 Police Interceptor: No rear side marker visible. The wraparound orange indicator light does not count as a red side marker, and there is not other red light/reflector there.

@mart1n2005 Knightwick S-Roadster “police cruiser”: Rear downforce >0.

@SheikhMansour Mocabey Regent Interceptor: No front side marker visible when looking side-on. I know you intended the front light assembly to be “wraparound”, but it really isn’t visible when looking at the car from 90 degrees on the side.

RACING

@Admiral_Obvious Grig Concept: Has only one seat vs. the required two.

@doot KHI Leapfrog: Too much rear downforce (37.5 kg vs. the allowed max of 20 kg).

@Edsel Aero Endurance and Reliability Testing Platform (ERT): Futuristic engine (looks like TP on the engine was reset to 5 - a real shame but got to check by doing a clean re-import).

@Riley Zephorus Stelvio DAKR: Has one too much TP on driver assists.

I will also add that there were still way too many people with naming convention errors. I’ve let them slide again this round, but next round they will be hard bins too.

Car reviews, gov’t assignment, and racing results coming soon!

16 Likes

I love how everyone’s binned for some technical reason of sort, then there’s my headass getting binned for a botched side marker color :clown_face:

5 Likes

literally me

Well that’s really fucking annoying. One less techpool and one less quality in assists and it still makes the price with unchanged stats.

Can’t expect cake to change it for me though, but god that’s fucking dumb. The entire thing I enter for, gone.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Argh why did I leave the spoiler on? It doesn’t even need it :disappointed_relieved:

Well I think I’m retiring from challenges until the exporter is fixed. All of that is fine on my end- TP, downforce, everything. This is ridiculous and unacceptable.

2 Likes

Are you checking the downforce in the correct tab? It’s the test track page not the aero one

For positive downforce the test track tab will show a lower downforce figure than the aero tab; looking at the wrong tab would just result in leaving downforce on the table

1 Like

Darn. Just checked, I’ve the same engine TP problems. With all the times I switched engines trying to figure that car out, must’ve forgotten to do it the last time.

Oh well. Aero’s racing “comeback” will have to wait.

Curiously I recall my chart saying 37.5lbs… wonder if that’s automation being shit, or the exporter. I’ll investigate more after work. But this TP stuff repeatedly resetting is just the worst. I’ve spent so long checking these only for it to screw up at the last second… absurd. Unless the lua exporter and techpool get redone, that really just has to be it. I’ve been affected by that in more than half of the challenges I’m in, and this time is just too much.

EDIT: Turned out to be a really, really weird automation bug on the consumer cars, then user error on the race car :saluting_face:

Letara Motozine

at the 1980 Letara Transportation show!

Welcome dear readers to our first report of the Letara Transportation show!
We received an exclusive first look at the exhibits and are excited to showcase the best automakers are bringing onto our ever so busy streets.

On of the first booths was set by Swanson showing of the “Concept 2000”.

A study on what the car in the future of 2000 might look like. The concept is a very sleek hatchback design, something we only seen very recently on our todays streets.

The car features a great looking glasshouse with a lot of ducts and aerodynamic ideas which might or might not be beneficial. The engine is a 450 hp 3,7L Boxer 6 with a Turbo which the team predicts is able to move the concept to 300 km/h with a 0-100 time in just 4 seconds.

If we will ever see something like this on our roads, or is just vaporware is written in the stars.

A bit further the exhibition we found the Mara booth. Here they are showing of their all new lineup of more off road focused vehicles.

The Kanyon, Bizon and Yak (left to right) look like they are aiming at a more compact form of off roading. Every model only has 2 doors and seem to have a smaller footprint than other cars in this category.

Even though these cars are handeled under three diffrent names, the underlaying structur is being shared across all cars. While cars are available in 2wd or 4wd they all feature a 80hp 2.5L four cylinder engine.

We will be looking forward to get one of these to test out, how rugged these things really can be.

Next we had one of the weirdest lot of the whole show. While most brands had a cozy warm spot inside the centre, Areo was doing something diffrent. They build up base outside at the centers on little pond where a lot of these little pods where floating around being boated around by visitors. Even we had to wait our fair share of time before we where able to take a spin… swim?.. in it.

If you haven’t caught on yet, Aero showed of the Free Float. A small little personal amphibious vehicle. Sitting in the little craft was certainly weird. Everything was like your standart Areo, the only real diffrent was the lever to engage the two propellers in the back.

Boating the Aero was certainly something you would want to do for relaxation, don’t get this if you are trying to get a shortcut to your in-city office job. If we will ever see this things not just float, but also drive around is something for the goverment to decide.

Back inside Primus Globus set up shop, showing up a great array of current, new and soon-to-come cars!
First they had their current Publica set up and showed the their new trims, this was kind of overshadows by the car they had set up next to it. Its new replacement, the Urbano. The same small budget concept with a new radical design.

On the polar opposite was the facelift of the Atlas, not a lot was changed about the pickup which we know since 20 years, besides it new front. Maybe its time to update this giant piece of metal.

The most interresting piece of their show was the all new Imperator. While other regions already had the car, we are also finally able to get our hands on one over here. The big sedan comes with 2 engine options of which we will be only getting one: the 320i featuring a 3.2L V6. A diesel option is also being sold, but it wasn’t greenlit by the goverment. While the outside was more downed down, the interior was where the party was. With its intergration of computers, the inside of these cars are probally fancier and more tech than most peoples houses.

If you like excess, Popas has is all. From small sportscar to trains, this is where you go everything.

Need a truck for your new construction business? Popas Osel. Need a car to get from A to B? Popas Rushba. Want something to show people “Yes, i can afford to buy two Rushbas”, Popas Cheechi.

Most people were most interrested in the Blinsky. A small cheap 2 seater hatchback featuring a smallish 4 cylinder boxer in the rear of the car. While many people were interrested in the base 100hp version which was priced the same as a base Rushba, most people were interrested in the “Turbo Special” of the car. A wided, more aggresive version pushing the same 1.6L engine to over 160hp.

Sadly only the ones who are ready to struggle with importers can get a Blinsky for themself at the moment as these are not legal to sell in Letara.

The most people could be found at the Vaughn booth. Here people were able to see the new generation of the Wraith.
People were excited, even though only a small part of them could probally afford one of these. The top of luxury at our fingertips.

While Primus Globus also was in the same market, we thought that the Wraith was a more refined packet, with a broad but elegant design. While people knew you had money if you bought a Imperator, you also look like you have money in one of these.

The new generation was smaller and was also now Front wheel drive, completly eliminating the driveshaft tunnel, giving you more room on the inside.

Vaughn showed of three trims. The Montezuma a executive coupe, the Neapolitan, a four door version and the Hierophant a more downturned model.
While the Montezuma and Neapolitan shared a 4L V8 engine and fully indepentent suspension all around, the Hierophant was the model we will probally see around the most. It still features a lot of the base features of its higher trim brother, but the Hierophant had a smaller engine and a overall more toned down look, with less chrome and only coming in a conventional sedan bodystyle. But it seemed like people were already signing up to be the first in a all new Wraith.

And thats all from the show! Each time we want to give one company the prize of “Best of show” and this time it has to be Vaughn. Seems like people are looking for status symbol cars now. Its all about having a better car than your neighbour, even if that means going for the “faux luxury” trim of a car. As long as it looks more expensive, people were happy.

19 Likes

Woho! :rofl:

2 Likes

A NEW ERA OF LIBERTY

Distributed by Liberty Corp.

1978 Lineup

For the past generations, we’ve been crafting cars that are made to be the best. This year, Liberty Corp. is continuing this tradition with an all new, luxurious lineup for our customers. We know that you will in maximum comfort while riding in style with our cars. We welcome you our new era of Liberty!

Our Technological Advancements

Liberty Corp. has always aimed to adopt innovative safety features even before they are needed and regulated. We will continue adopting, not only safety features, but also new innovative technology that provide a better experience for both our drivers and passengers.

Learn about the Control Panel

The Control Panel (Shown above in a Liberty Civilian) is a new computer technology that removes the confusion of steering stalks, and replaces them with simple buttons and switches. Not only that, but here you will find warnings about your car that you can check when the light on your dashboard is on. If you get confused, or if you just want to check your car, you can test a part by simply pushing a button.

Learn about importance of Cornering Lights

Recently, reflectors on cars have been mandated by some governments. While Liberty supports this, we believe that small reflectors don’t do enough and that they can be improve. What we’ve done is put lights on the corner of our cars, which not only helps other drivers see you in the night, it also helps you see what is on your sides while turning. We hope other car manufacturers adopt this in the future.

Televisions in Cars?

Yes, you read that correctly! If you buy a Liberty Bell, 2 small TVs will be included in your car, meaning your passengers can enjoy the magic of television while being driven around. As a safety precaution, the TV in the front is turned off while the car is being driven.

Liberty Delphia

The Liberty Delphia is our cheapest model, starting at 25,000 AMU. Despite it’s lower price, it still manages to offer the luxurious Liberty experience with futuristic technology. It features a high quality 8-track player with an AM/FM radio and a built-in phonograph; the latest safety and technological features; and a hydropneumatic suspension.

Specifications
  • 3.0L Turbocharged I6
    • 170 HP
    • 200 LB-FT torque
  • Automatic Transmission
  • RWD
  • Luxurious Interior
    • 5 Seats
    • Advanced Safety
    • Control Panel
    • Touch Transmission
    • Cruise Control
    • AM/FM Radio
    • Phonograph
    • 8-Track Player
  • 25,000 AMU
Gallery

Liberty Vania

The Liberty Vania is the fastest luxury car that will be on the market. It features many of the same luxurious features as the Delphia, except is has a screaming 4.5L Turbocharged V8 that pushes out 435HP. It has a 0-60 time of 4.3 seconds, top speed of 260 Km/h, and it can race around the 1977 Lerance Raceway in 4 minutes 41 seconds! Just 10 seconds from qualifying as a proper race car!

Specifications
  • 4.5L Biturbocharged V8
    • 435 HP
    • 480 LB-FT torque
    • 260 Km/h Top Speed
    • 0-100Km/h in 4.30s
  • Manual Transmission
  • RWD
  • Luxurious Interior
    • 5 Seats
    • Advanced Safety
    • Control Panel
    • Touch Transmission
    • Cruise Control
    • AM/FM Radio
    • Phonograph
    • 8-Track Player
  • 32,000 AMU
Gallery

Liberty Bell

Our final car is the Liberty Bell, which is based on the New Yorkers and the Bell concept car. Like the New Yorkers, the Bell is handcrafted from the highest quality materials. This car represents the future of luxury, featuring a handmade interior, 2 TVs, a Phonograph, 8-Track, and an AM/FM radio. Like the previous generation New Yorkers, we know that this will be the most luxurious car you can buy.

Specifications
  • 3.0L Turbocharged I6
    • 170 HP
    • 200 LB-FT torque
  • Automatic Transmission
  • RWD
  • Hand Made Interior
    • 4 Seats
    • Advanced Safety
    • Control Panel
    • Touch Transmission
    • Cruise Control
    • AM/FM Radio
    • Phonograph
    • 8-Track Player
    • 2 Color Televisions
    • Ice Box
  • 34,000 AMU
Gallery

Liberty Corp. Advertising and Engineering Department, 1978
Building 420, 69th Avenue
Philidelphia, PA, USA
+1-215-xxx-xxxx

16 Likes

It looks like Liberty can keep up with Primus in terms of electronic gadgets. Well done.

There is almost nothing the onboard functions of an Imperator II can’t do, but watching TV? No. That point goes to you.

4 Likes