Maibatsu Motors

good ideas ive been debating on when to go towards the motorsport route due to being such a new company tbh. there are plans for a oem style performance division like nismo, mugen etc i just havent figured out the name lol.

not sure when this will release but just wanted to post a preview/teaser pic i suppose lol. reason why im not sure of release is due to the way the pop up headlight housing doesnt sit straight and slightly bends down on the bottom corner as you can see in the pic and im just not happy with how it looks…but i may just suck it up and finish it soon and post it.

Welcome to the forums! These are looking great!

2 Likes

Thank you! Im having a lot of fun designing!

The SR-4 isn’t the only new addition to the Maibatsu family this year, just 4 short months after its introduction we unveiled another secret project that we were very excited to see in the hands of customers. Introducing the Ajairu (Agile), a tiny yet powerful and swift mid engine sports car, available in naturally aspirated as well as turbocharged form, that’s sure to turn heads whether youre in town or on track!

7 Likes

While we continued selling our current models through the rest of '94 and '95 we were busy developing and designing several new models, and even some returning favorites for 1996! We are pleased to introduce our first release of the year - Selena, available in both the GL and GLS models

Selena GLS

GLS interior pictured

GL in white

GL interior pictured

5 Likes

Hmm, oddly tall and short looking cabin, makes it look like some subcompact… which I guess it isn’t, judging by the engines?

it was supposed to be regular sized sedan,but i hadnt noticed the wheel base honestly until after i had it all built and was checking the specs. and by then i was far to invested in it to start over. i was just looking through bodies and found a shape i liked and went with it lol

I mean, it’s about Corolla sized, so you could just say this was Sprinter/Carina-esque more premium model that shares a floorplan with a more normal compact car.

I know it’s based on one of the smaller '84 Commoner body sets (most likely the one with a 2.45m wheelbase), but surely the flat upper rear wheelarch shape is out of place - just open the morphing UI in the fixtures tab, set the QuarterShape value to 1 (for some reason this morphing zone is not highlighted via mouseover), and you have yourself a fully curved rear wheelarch on that body set. Also, the glasshouse is indeed too tall - you may want to set the RoofHeight morphing zone to 1.0 to lower the roofline.

i was thinking “hmm, that’s the name of an automobile company from the gta series, weird coincidence” and then i saw the logo lmao

1 Like

i honestly had no idea this could even be done! ive never noticed that before lol. tbh though i kinda like the shape of the rear wheel well, but good to know for future builds!

edit - i cant find where to open that menu in the fixtures section, where do you find that?

lol yeah i downloaded the badge mod pack and just went with one fo my favorite names from GTA lol

It’s not in the fixtures tab, it’s in the tabs before that, paint or body.

i was playing around and found it last night. i knew you could morph the body but i always thought the little eye icon that popped up was just letting you know morphing was active, i had no clue if you clicked it a whole new menu comes up lol.

We have been working hard to bring incredible new designs to our brand and we cannot wait to reveal them all to you! The second car we are introducing this year is completely redesigned Ereganto sedan available in the base and and legendary SR-4 model. This iteration of the sedan now has a completely redesigned I4 DOHC NA (FZ20-A) and Turbocharged (FZ20-T) variant. This is also the first model sold with the updated company logo/badge.

SR-4 Interior pictured w/Alcantara package

3 Likes

That’s more like it. The second-gen Ereganto retains the turbo AWD trim I’d been lusting after in the original, but with more grunt and grip, along with the looks to back it up. But whereas its predecessor was based on one of the E90 Corolla-esque body sets, this one uses the 2.55m wheelbase Indicator body set as a base, morphed specifically to fit the brand’s design language.

Our third new release of the year is one of our most daring yet! With its higher end version packing a twin turbo v6 making more than 300hp and full time AWD you’ll be hard pressed to find anything capable of outperforming you on the road or track! Order your Maibatsu Lynx today!

Lynx GT w/confetti insert package pictured

1 Like

i was hoping to find more of Evo 3/4 ish body for this version but this was the closest i found to that, even though it seems to be more based off a 8th gen-ish galant. Im still happy with how it turned out but i think it looks just a little to new for 1996, where as the earlier evo style body would have been a better for for this year imo.

1996 Ereganto SR4 - R Limited Edition

3 Likes