Marcus_GT500's Cars

Still easy to get Mavericks in Brazil? I guess that it would make my father jealous then, he has been wanting one for a while but they are almost impossible to find in Sweden…:joy:

They’re pretty rare here too. And there’s the “V8 GT” virus. Doesn’t matter if it was a Super Luxo, a base model, I6, I4, when they get restored, they almost always came out with a V8 swapped and with the GT stripes, even though they were the least produced ones. This blue one is a rare case of a base trim with the I6 engine that was kept stock. American cars are super rare here in general, not only they were few when new, most were banger raced in the late 80’s. I’d love to have a Galaxie 500 myself.

1 Like

Ah, were your Mavericks imported from the states? I thought that they were made in Brazil but you learn something new every day I guess.

To disappoint you somewhat, he wants one since he has all the parts to build a quite hot FE V8 so any original restoration is out of the question, ironically since he wants a lighter car for it than his…Galaxie 500. :joy:

He has always been into US Fords so I have kind of grown up around them even if most of them aren’t 100% my cup of tea, but well, since I never had the ambition to turn your thread into a monologue about myself I should maybe stop here… :smiley:

No, they were produced here. Brazil had a military lockdown for about 3 decades, so cars had to be made here, even if copying a complete foreign project. It’ just that for every American car produced, 1500 beetles were made. And VW brought out or killed executives of several other companies to remove them from the market. And the gas and paperwork is and has always been one of the most expensive in the world. And the majority of the population were poor. See why American V8 cars were rare? On a lighter note, I’ve finished the led tail lights of the Brasilia. Will take some pictures on the weekend before posting here.

3 Likes

Yeah, absolutely, fact is that I have heard something about that so I was quite surprised if you should have gotten US Mavericks. But now I understand, yes.

1 Like

This car’s rear lights looked like this:

Not winning any looks or safety points here. Also, I’ve been playing with lighting materials a little way too much.

So let’s crack them open and cut out the internal housings, shall we?

Then a new 3D printed internal structure is created to hold the LED stripes and the 4 part lenses together.

All build up

And wired

I printed some bars that bridge the screws, so the lens stay put. 2 of them are smooth, the other 2 are these. The number is “MV DESIGN” in decimal.

The licence plate light was burnt so I LEDed it too. Even used the old bulb to transfer power.

Done and done. Couldn’t be happier with this one.

I also got a pair of DRLs on the same shipping of the LED strip, so will I just slap them with the included double sided tape? Noooo, I HaVe tO pRinT a CoMpLeX cAsE.

NO REGERTS

Also, that’s Tiffany, my friend’s '64 Beetle. I designed and printed the bumper light grille on it.

PS: Noticed the tails are full ON on all the pics. The upper and lowermost stripes are brakes, the middle one is turn signal (flashes) and the 2 betwheen them are tail lights. I used a pipe to hold the brakes for the photos.

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I wish I had those kinds of fabrication skills. Amazing job, looks great! Nice touch on the in-game replica too! Hard to distinguish from the real thing at first glance - which is a credit both to your creativity and the awesome sandbox with which the devs have worked tirelessly to create for us.

1 Like

Looks way cooler at night now, great job.

1 Like

Not going to say its all perfect. Training and taking risk is needed. I was on the edge of my nerve cracking them open, broke 2 of the lens, got 2 chipped edges, hated the soldering with no fan in my 40 deg C room, had to unwillingly put screws on the lens (gluing the frame didn’t worked) and had to replace all the leds but the reverse for red ones after done. So go out and try stuff untill you’re good. Also thanks devs for letting me visualize stuff before making.

4 Likes

As I’ve posted in the Cyberpunk details thread, some cars have a dog bobblehead on the dash that lights its eye

Someone on Reddit ripped the model from the game. I’ve added the holes for the LED and cut the model to print flat. After some printing and painting, plus a spare RC led, I have it.

Installed:

BTW, here’s how the tail lights work. Turn signals:

Reverse:

Running lighs:

Brake:

Make it light all at the same time for the pics was the IRL version of a videogame cheatcode!

8 Likes

Today’s update is financed by selling my beloved Monster Slash. May it ride in anger again with its new owner.

(For the folks in America, these Traxxas cars are hella expensive here)

Did a bunch of stuff to both cars. Revised the entire wiring on the Brasilia, removed a bunch of electrical gremlins, installed an electronic ignition kit, tidied up the light relays, etc. A pic of the ignition out of the nets because the engine bay is tight and ugly.

The cool stuff is this: First, I’ve installed door courtesy lights out of a Chevy J-Body, with LEDs inside:

And covered the holes the old mirrors left on the doors with Fiat Uno side repeaters, also with LEDs.

Deja Vu anyone? Yes, this was made to test the looks before commiting.

The DRLs were repositioned to be more discreet when off, and I’ve made acrylic signal lens for the bumpers, after breaking a lot of low-quality repro ones. There will be LEDs there as soon as I source a pair of load resistors to them.

The fog light was repainted and got a printed clamp to keep the lens on it even if it unglues itself again, and looks Cyberpunk as heck.

And with it on. Also here’s how the rear lights look during the day.

I was gifted this board out of a JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth speaker that was furiously thrown at a wall, and somehow survived, even if the rest of the speaker was destroyed.

This was a godsend, as this car had speakers but no head unit for the longest time. Here’s the case I’ve designed in CAD:

Printed and installed, with a voltage regulator inside to reduce the 12v to 7,2v to the board.

I’ll end up this one with a nice art made by a friend on Discord. I’ll post an update on the Seven when I finish the current steps.

9 Likes

A friend from fb made a short thow shifter for his beetle, and we persuaded him to make a video explaining how. Here it is:

So after sorting out my junk, I luckly had had all I needed to build it! I just decided to laser cut the bottom plate, as it’s inexpensive to me on my local metal seller. Here is it done:

I’ve also made a cover for the mechanism on the printer

And installed:

It tightened the feel of the shifter a lot, feels like a modern piece now. The stock one have a really loose feeling. Plus it doesn’t spin like the stock one, so my 8 ball will not be a infinity ball anymore.

5 Likes

I’ve done a bunch of stuff on the seven. But nothing worth showing yet. I had to lower the engine and tranny, along with the central tunnel, which took a lot of time. Hopefully, it’s in the right spot now. In the meantime, more of the Brasilia. I got a pair of LED spotlights as a late birthday gift. I didn’t wanted to drill the chrome bumper to mount them, so I took this motorcycle delivery box support I had laying around:

Stretched it with a BFLever

And welded it to the internal crash bar, along with some tabs

Simple, effective, got the job done.

Then I took some arts from @ricdomu (insta) and decided to make the light covers he designed.

The FOX CORP one is done already

All 4 are already designed, but I’m waiting on the filament to print the rest. And yes I’ll make the ahegao one. For the lolz.

PS: IF ANYONE HAS THE SOURCE TEXTURE FOR THE HAKKA LIGHTS I WANT IT!!!

4 Likes

Your love of your Brasilia is very inspiring; if you can’t buy the car you love, then love the car you can own!

3 Likes

After posting on this thread, I remembered I forgot to post an update on the spotlight covers here. Here’s the ones from the buggy drawing:

And the Sierra ones. These ones are my favorite until now.

Having this many covers for a single pair of lights might look like a waste of time and material, and it is, but they look good on the shelf too, and I’m having fun creating them. There are more to come, but I’ll leave them as a surprise this time. Also, after some years, I finally gathered all the parts to build this car’s EFI! I’ll be mounting it after I finished a bike I’m building for my dad. And then we can go back to the Seven, which’s being a parts basket for the bike for the past months. Here’s the bike when we brought it:

And how it looks now:

Only the engine and some details to deal with so we can call it finished.

5 Likes

Are you building him a cafe racer or are you building him a replica of his first bike?

1 Like

Both. What would you call a lightly inspired cafe racer bike? American coffee?
He used to ride a lot of Turunas when he was young. All of them were falling apart. Times were tough. I remember the last one he had. It was the bike equivalent of a shitbox.

They’re expensive rarities nowadays, and he made his part on making them rarer.

3 Likes

I must say that I love where that bike is heading.

2 Likes

Are you guys tired of seeing pics of the Brasilia? Yes? Good. Made another set of covers. This time an offroad style. The letters are swappable, held by plastic pins.

4 Likes

No, not really, but we’d also like to see more pics of your other cars too, hahaha!

1 Like