MrComputah's city can, aka Hyundai i10!

MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA

2 Likes

To counter this, I’d absolutely recommend one. Every other timing belt replacement you just go ahead and pre-emptively replace the water pump (it literally adds only $40 to the cost of the service, because they’re in there already). I’ve never had a fuel pump problem on any of my Kia/Hyundai products, and I’m well over a quarter million miles on them. I DID pick one up that had a bad fuel pump, which made it nice and cheap to fix up and run. I’d be more inclined to chalk that up to an in-tank filter and the wild inconsistency in fuel station tank maintenance here in the States.

To the contrary, my family and I have not had good luck with domestics built after 1980. My Sonic was the best of them, but even it shit a water pump at 14,000 miles due to a design flaw that required Chevy to extend the part warranty to 150k miles (they expected it to go out again, even after replacement). When you spend $35k+ on a truck that decides to burn oil at 8k miles and the manufacturer won’t take care of it, well… my domestics haven’t lasted long enough in my hands to find out if they still have the problem with literally everything in the interior falling apart after about 100k miles, like all of my parents’ cars.

Also, Toyotas are boring. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

CSR winner reveal.

Hyundai i10 in red.

I’ll be given the keys tomorrow, but it’s already insured. Semi new, 9300€. 1.0 67hp engine and light as hell, making it somewhat sporty and fun to drive. Oh, and five speed manual. Expect better pics once I have it for real!

20 Likes

Not an Aygo/C1/108, disappoint

1 Like

Well done mate, enjoy it in the coming year :grin:.

1 Like

I approve of the colour choice. The red looks nice surrounded by those fridges.

1 Like

Excellent choice on the i10, lovely lovely little car.

2 Likes

Bet that’s gonna be a buzz to drive. Happy motoring :smiley:

2 Likes

I approve.

It even looks like the same shade of red as my Elantra. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for not getting it in Resale Value Silver Metallic, I appreciate that.

3 Likes

So when is Hyundai gonna post the next CSR round?

4 Likes

Give em 24 hours, otherwise the host rights go to Peugeot instead :smirk:

8 Likes

And the subcompact saga begins.

The little one is finally home. I’ve had the pleasure to do some twenty kilometres on my way home on it, with city driving and highway on the menu.

It was pretty good! Even if the power steering makes the steering a bit light, it does have some feedback. The five speed manual transmission ads to the fun and to top it all off, the sensation of driving a petrol car after only driving a diesel minivan for a year and a half was something else. The power being on top and the engine reaching beyond 6000 rpms…oh my, oh my. Also my first naturally aspirated engine, and now I see why people value their linearity and power delivery.

Fitting where I’d never fit with the old Touran for parking was also a welcome feature. Of course the car has cruise control and all the gadgets to keep me safe and sound in long trips.

I think I’m falling in love with subcompacts more than I already had.

22 Likes

#curvesadjustmentandshit (although the light source isn’t placed very well :cry: taken with the EOS 2000D at 35mm, f8 and some shutter speed I don’t remember)

18 Likes

I always hated the i10 because I’ve driven my moms i10 on occasion, but after looking at yours in a nice paint scheme and with a better specd interior I must admit that actually I still hate them. But it is interesting to hear how other people perceive its driving dynamics. I for one found the shifter and steering way too light and city caresque, and that is coming from someone who owned a Renault Espace and Nissan Maxima. Both cars that are infinetely superior in every way to an i10.

Hi.

My my you’re a nice person. Is there really a need to just come in and shit on someone else’s new car? Especially since he’s thoroughly enjoying it?

14 Likes

Both of those cars are also in completely different classes

6 Likes

Weirdly enough, a city car often has light steering and shifting because it’s a city car. I shit you not. And who would’ve believed that a car twice the size with more than twice the power feels like a “superior” car. At least understand the purpose of the car.

Before you go around trying to big yourself up by being a hateful prick, at least realise what the hell you are saying.

15 Likes

Took me a moment before I realised what “curve sad just ment and shit” means :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

See, this is why hastags aren’t any good :joy:

3 Likes