MUSCLE CAR CHALLENGE (CLOSED for Judgment)

Please stop multiposting

2 Likes

I answer everyoneā€™s questions and replies in a way that they get notified.

They will get notified also if you use tags, like this: @CNCharger (just write @ with a nickname). And you can use as much as you need in one post, which is more tidy than multiposting.

Alright. Madrias is the other competitor. I asked Killrob if he can judge, but we still need a judge. When your finished, Madrias, you will submit it to the judge in a private message. You will need to export the car and submit it to whoever the judge will be once we have one.

As I said earlier, you can use @ tags. Type @ and a list of users will appear. Start typing the username you want tobtag and select it when it appears. They will be notified of your post.

The tagging system was implemented specifically to prevent multiposting, so please, use that.

Also @squidhead probably wasnā€™t saying he could make a better car using your rules. He was saying your rules donā€™t reflect real life considerations because itā€™s dumb to enforce compromises that companies didnā€™t intend and were therefore incidental. No Aero is fineā€¦ But making cars heavier on purpose without thinking about why theyā€™re heavy? Think about how the game plays out when writing your rules.

Also hahahahaha :joy: I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen anybody ask Killrob to judge their forum contest. Do you even know what Killrobā€™s role in the development of Automation is?

4 Likes

There is no rule saying no light cars, is there? I just said, the heavier the better. It just helps motivate the other person to build a more powerful engine to carry the car.

He makes videos of what is going on. I said we still need a judge.

Again, stop multiposting.

You were asked nicely. Iā€™m going to withdraw from this thread now.

2 Likes

O_O

3 Likes

ā€¦by increasing compression and delaying ignition timing? :stuck_out_tongue: :joy:

Robert Hoischen AKA Killrob
Lead Beta Tester, Design Assistant (and as far as I know, the guy who does a big deal of research and some of the calculations (for example for the helmholtz resonances and economic stuff). Pretty sure he has a degree on advanced physics (in layman terms, rocket scientist)

Also, there is a thread you might want to read about hosting challanges

You need to post how youā€™re going to score the challenge and how the winner is decided before receiving entries (if there is a winner). Announce a challenge with no clear goal (no clear scoring system) is dumb like to create a challenge and then make other people come up with the scoring system).

5 Likes

By cutting down on the cooling. The compression and timing donā€™t work right in the game, so I had to work with that, but my muscle car has high compression and a timing of 0 (on the scale of 0 to 100) and is still fast. I forgot to mention the other things he did, and I will leave the score system to whoever the judge will be. The things he or she will be looking for are in the first post, they will just come up with a score system.

Anyone want to be a judge?

Gotta ask, solid axles only out back, or am I allowed a form of independant rear suspension?

any suspension, just needs to be made of some type of steel.

Ok, this is going to be quite strange and funny since I totally did Storm out of this thread in a Huff like three hours ago :sweat_smile: But since then, somebody seriously asked if Iā€™d actually be interested in judging.

Given I only have objections to really one of the rules, I can volunteer to do it. But I donā€™t see a scoring system. Can I be the one to decide that? It will mean I completely ignore Weight in favour of other considerations e.g. practicality, number of seats etc.

2 Likes

It says that the judge is who scores. You will just need to present both cars anyway you can (a video of each and a results video would be cool, or 2 sets of collages) We just PM you the car, and you judge with your scoring system. But it might be SillyDucky who is doing this cause he asked in a PM. He said heā€™s got a Youtube Channel. You want to work with him? The result thread will have a poll for the people to vote on the cars.

Right now Sillyducky is the judge. Strop might work with him, but you should PM your car to him. He has a youtube channel so he could compare.

Fair enough. Carā€™s almost finished, just playing around with some setting changes to try to make the most out of my car. I donā€™t usually use carbs and pushrods, but Iā€™ve been having fun with them lately, so Iā€™m more than happy enough to make a muscle car.

Sillyducky would be doing a video? Well if that were the case itā€™s easier for one person to do the judging than for two to coordinate, and I may not be very reliable at that. So Iā€™m happy to defer to them!

ok. Thanks. Oh, @Madrias, you read the 4th post, right. It has a rule about pricing. I put it in after strop mentioned a few things.