New Age Cab Challenge

Okay, I have come to a conclusion. I will reinstate the Gyor even though I do include visual disqualifications, the engineering is good enough to keep it in but I will be upholding the Lumboxo as it still has engineering errors that do not work in what it’s trying to accomplish

3 Likes

Will we get the final spreadsheet to see the impacts of the substandard engineering?

No, I don’t think there will be a spreadsheet unfortunately. I’m not very well versed in Google Docs

I’m sorry for causing this to happen in your thread

To me at least, this is just a good ol case of misunderstanding the rules. Both sides have their fair share of mistakes, and it also says about the unspoken rules that would seem obvious to a more seasoned player. Donut mentioned the term “EV” in the post, and Yugo thought the imaginary aspect will be permitted in this challenge. Delta already went through most of it, so I’ll share the $0.02 from me, an evil elitist that allows no fun to be had in this game, regarding this in automation forum challenges. If a newish player stumbled upon this, maaaaybe it’ll be somewhat helpful.

If you see a challenge where the engineering aspect will be judged, and it will be more than just picking off stats or market scores (ewwwww), chances are, the engineering realism will be judged. A good example of such challenges is the long-running CSR series, where you take into consideration the needs, the important stats, and realism for the context. Basically, everything is achieved with the tools given to you in-game. Unless the host specifies otherwise, using imaginary engineering would most likely be not allowed, since there would be no limitations in what your car can do. The best thing to do if you are unsure about what you’re doing, is to simply ask the host beforehand.

This misunderstanding also showed how the host should be more considerate in wording the challenge, in specifying what aspects of the car will be judged and perhaps list examples of infractions that will result in a bin

I think this debate should just end here, it’s on both sides really. Hopefully such things won’t happen ever again

also, for the record, that was probably a bit too harsh

I’m up for sex tho

5 Likes

Thankyou DesperateDonut5 for re-instating the Gyor :exploding_head::star_struck::heart_eyes::grin:

3 Likes

Wait… my car was binned but brought back?
Oh my god thanks to everyone who helped to make that happen.

3 Likes

Again, MPG limit? Some taxis had bullbats too.

Im honestly thankful that you liked my car enough to save it from getting binned. This is the second challenge i’ve participated in and I would’ve just moved on.

But really i’ve never seen someone so excited about one of my cars

Did the council ran out of funds?

Lockdown 4 hit, nobody travelled anymore so no need for new cabs.

Real life explanation: The host is busy with other commitments, and so more time would be needed to deliver the next set of reviews.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation…don’t know why I didn’t think of that! :rofl:

1 Like

Announcement:
On the way to the competition, the taxi driver was told he needed to go to burger king in 38 seconds crazy taxi style and proceeded to fly off a building directly into a train. We pass our condolences to their family.

– Secrane 2020

But yeah, it’s been too long and I lost interest in the challenge and got extremely sidetracked. So let me present a winner to this fabled challenge

2020 Washington W6L 25T by @the-chowi

After the death of one of the council members, they sadly pull up the last tab and take a deep breath. They were pleasantly surprised by this one, and also the “last american-branded, and American-made full-size sedan” selling point wasn’t true it was a nice and new breath of fresh air. The modern styling looked nice on the NYC streets and the fuel-efficient 2.5L Turbo 4 cylinder engine lasted the second-longest but it was the quickest and best maneuverable wise, and with that, the 2020 Washington W6L 25T is chosen to be the new face of the NYC taxi line

Again so sorry for taking so long, I lost a lot of interest and didn’t want to continue after some stuff alongside getting really sidetracked with IRL stuff.

4 Likes

Nice :sunglasses:

1 Like

hey uh bit curious , how well did i do

It’s been 3 months