North American International Auto Show 2018

Anyways…

Thank you for participating in the 2018 North American International Auto Show. We hope to see you at the next event.

Please do not unveil any more cars after this point. You may offer opinions and otherwise.

12 Likes

Hey, thanks for ruling my car that is cheaper, (theoretically) more fuel efficient, and faster (in top speed) than the Fleming Brooklands as “uninteresting” because Japan makes so many cars comparable to the SI-7. As if Europe doesn’t make enough sports cars. Also, the Zenshi GT.
Couldn’t you have just wrote “oh, the SI-7 is like a Zenshi GT but overpriced and too fast?”
I completely agree with the bloated comment, though.

I may just be shitting on a perfectly good review, so I’m sorry if I am. Otherwise I doubt I’ll ever contribute to any more car shows. Even if I did, I don’t have enough cool Photoshops to win the polls anyway.

Look here man I don’t think the people winning polls do it with the intent to win polls. That is not a recipe for success, rather a discouraging and harmful attitude - actually I know these people after talking to them individually and can say they do it for the fun and enjoyment, they are passionate about making and designing. They just wanna make something cool and show others what they had fun making. They do it for the heck of it. Making something under some self-imposed pressure to win is guaranteed to not take you anywhere.

This is just the reality of reviews, they are not like Wikipedia articles making objective, unbiased top-trumps comparisons between cars. Pick up any magazine in the last ten, hell, even twenty years and you’ll be hard pressed to find one that doesn’t swoon about the Golf, especially the GTi. Do you find that reviewers give smaller companies a harder time because bigger marques are better established? Well congratulations that’s exactly what they do, that’s all of history. Few people even to this day give credit to the Koreans like Kia or Hyundai who make cars that quantitatively match what the Germans make, it’s just the mentality that they’re the inferior underdogs that need to prove themselves which make them be so… forgotten. And in consequence these companies may have started off making properly crap cars but over time viewed the bias as a challenge and improved their stuff, now making some of the best looking, best handling, sporty, practical, and clever cars. Who woulda thunk it.

Anyway point is, there’s no need to get heated. Do they say your car is worse? Well fuck them, they’re wrong and you should show them that they are and remake it and remake it better than everything else. Whining about it won’t fix anything, it’s just dumping salt in the forums. No one likes or needs that. People do like it when you try to put in effort to improve. No one, not me, not Leo, not Zenshi started off making amazing cars from day 1 and even now not every car made is perfect. There’s no need to get all neurotic about it. Just keep at it.

11 Likes

Hey no reason to quit on the game because of this. Only person you’re hurting doing that is yourself and I saw more progress then most people get to on that game so keep it up.

5 Likes

It’s one review, you don’t know how many times I’ve been shit on :stuck_out_tongue:

Also Deus doesn’t mean harm with his review. First it’s just one opinion. Second being uninterested in a car doesn’t mean it’s bad. For example, I could care less about trucks but not all trucks are bad.

If you do leave too can I least get game updates somewhere else?

Seriously, just admit you overreacted, apologise for making a scene and keep on contributing to the forum… Going off in a huff makes you look silly and time heals all wounds.

I made a bell-end of myself a couple of times when I first joined the forum but I settled down, settled in and I try to contribute when and wherever I can.

Just keep trying to improve and you’ll be the better for it, give up and you’ll only confirm to everyone else their negative opinion of you! :exploding_head:

Just always remember this one simple truth:

Buy better, buy Bogliq!!! :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Leaving the forums behind for good is total cowardice. I would prefer it if you at least tried to get your act together, otherwise you’ll end up missing out on a lot of stuff.

1 Like

Well, what’s journalism without causing a bit of controversy eh?

Having read read reactions on here and discussed this with others in private, it looks like I need a refresher on what features you get on cars these days, and I need to learn about the luxury compact market. As a result, Gavin will be re-reviewing the Urban soon and taking a more appropriate perspective.

As for everything else…

Just saying.

14 Likes

Sometimes it’s not about how good your car(s) is it’s just about who you are or how you establish it, just like real life. If no one knows it exists or cares enough to go into detail it will be forgotten no matter how mind blowing it is.

Won’t there be any polls this time?

Clearly people care for them, regarding some of the discussion here.

1 Like

I’m awfully busy this week and I’m not really sure if I want to continue making polls every Auto show. If people want to speak out about their favorite cars of the show, they are entitled to. Given that a poll is unanimously requested, I would not be opposed to you or another person to create them on your own time.

6 Likes

Wow, talk about a shitstorm over nothing. Allright, fine. Barney Johnathan Bacon will make an appearance in one of the upcoming shows, you won’t be happy about those either, nobody probably will…

2 Likes