Nuntius Corporation, Good at being cheap, not so much at everything else

Yet another project of mine, Nuntius (actually Jeonlyeong Motor Corporation but Nuntius is more pronounceable to westerners) is the only one devoted to cheap and shitty cars that Automation would consider “competitive” because they’re cheap. Nuntius began making cheap and shitty license built knock-offs of decent cars in 1976 and began designing their own cheap and shitty cars in 1984. Over the years it expanded to a highly competitive manufacturer of cheap and slightly less shitty cars with a compelling mix of dreary designs such as the 2001 Firefly…

…and “avantgarde” designs such as the 2002 Amoeb Mint.

But before those can happen we need some development aid, primarily a simple, affordable and practical family car from the years 1965-1975 as well as reliable and easy to produce powerplants for our cars up until the year 1998 to build under license and whose technology we can study for our own efforts. We at Jeonglyeong put great emphasis on industrial espionage… uhh cooperation.

UPDATE:
I have decided to slightly change things up a bit. Instead of just relying on some starting help from other players and do my own thing from there, I want the community to have more direct influence on our cars, effectively using suggestions from other players to simulate me being an inexperienced and inept car designer trying to copy those more seasoned and talented.

THINGS STILL NEEDED (YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THIS):

Basic family car to build under license from 1976- onwards [rebodied Galt Communitasia Mk.1]

Engine Family No.2: Years 1980-1985, SOHC 8V Inline four, maximum displacement ~2000cc, for RWD and FWD applications [x]

Engine Family No.3: Years 1982-1986, SOHC 8V Inline four, maximum displacement ~2600cc, for RWD applications [x]

Engine Family No.4: Years 1988-1990, SOHC or DOHC 16V Inline four, maximum displacement ~2000cc, for FWD applications [x]

Engine Family No. 5: Years 1984-1988, SOHC V6, maximum displacement ~3300cc, for RWD and FWD applications [x]

Everyone can submit to this

9 Likes

Wait until you see it’s 900cc SOHC VTEC engine.

It reminds me of these.

If you want, there are quite cheap cars from ADM that you can use, but I don’t know if those would meet the regulations for Korea.

3 Likes

Well apart from the Villa they all seem a little too big and excessive for me, and the Villa is too old to make it sellable into the early 90s.

Mint looks like a car that my future daughter will love .

So. Much. Plastic.

I love it!

1 Like

She’ll love the Amoeb Cherry even more!

Functiongasmic.

You’re trying to get me to believe there was any effort put into trying to actively design it?! These cars look like they were styled by someone with the artistic abilities of the car’s namesakes. Let me put it this way… they are distinctive :laughing:

YOU haven’t even bought the game yet. YOU have no right to speak whatsoever.

don’t take me too serious :laughing:

1 Like

Memo to self: Remove scandinavians from my threads.

4 Likes

2 Likes
  1. You’re setting your thread up for total wreckage. I have sworn to abstain from shitposting, so I shall refrain.
  2. Just you wait until I get the full version. Never before in the history of Automation will the forums have seen such absolute stinking shit.
  1. While my cars are usually realistic and serious, my threads aren’t. I like to keep a certain degree of self-deprecation.
  2. I sure hope they’re unintentionally shit. Intentionally shit cars are nowhere near as endearing as unintentionally shit cars, which is what this company is all about.
  3. And with that, back to the original goal of this project.
1 Like