[OBSOLETE] old Hypera thread - two cars and some shitposting :P

40 years of unaffordability

1 Like

Not so much… Sure, Niddhogg prices start at nearly 400k, but there will be cheaper models, from “just” 100k or so :smile: (at least that’s the plan). And there will be some affordable cars tuned by Hypera… eventually. In fact one just waits for publication - the one that started these 40 years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can’t even afford a Maesima now , 100k IS TO EXPENSIVE !!!

1 Like

Stay tuned, we’re working hard to make motoring affordable for everyone! :wink:

7 Likes

Sorry mate, but today teh hypercar trinity is all about exploding minds and laptimes on the ring. While the top speed is the mind exploder sure, the lap time is not that impressive and will leave a gap open for attacks on all the forums and in the media, and that’s where most of the credit comes from. You’re here for Veyron/Chiron laurels? Well sadly only a select few engineering savvy guys understand what a Veyron is and how much of an accomplishment it is. A P1 on the other hand - everybody just went “sploosh” over it, without such a high top speed too.

I think it needs some clarification - the car in question is just that special Superspeed variant, very unique (among other Hyperas) in its focus on top speed. Even the Niddhogg R is a lot faster on track, not even mentioning R Lyn and SuperLyn - those two will handle “exploding minds” :wink: In other words, I want to see how much sense really does this Superspeed make.

None. I mean sure it pushes the technology forwards allowing your regular cars like Golf class hatchbacks and so on receive said tech to use it for economy, better tires and so on. But you don’t produce Golfs :smiley:
But that top speed would be pretty cool

Ok, “how much sense in nonsense hypercar world” :stuck_out_tongue: And right now I don’t make any Hypera-related “Golfs”, but some time in future I will :slight_smile: (but of course they won’t be Hyperas).

How much sense would a world speed set, if the world speed record would make sense.

When the specs for the Niddhogg R arrive, I expect my reaction to be one of utter bewilderment…

In Automation terms, the current top speed car for any kind of production figures that’s been around on the forums would be the Mercury. Sure it has compromised reliability and a Spartan interior but it is technically capable of 500km/h. You could definitely make an argument that this is irrelevant as it voids warranty. However I’ve also just announced that a proper 500km/h car with a ring time of 6:30 will hopefully arrive in 2018-2019 (arguably the damn Lua was widened so maybe you can invalidate me on that count :stuck_out_tongue: ). Again, the interior is nothing special. As squidy says, it depends on whether you just wanted to make a Chiron competitor or something else, because there’s a very annoying company whose entire agenda is to crush all the dick waving performance contests simultaneously by having a hypercar that does both top speed and track times.

3 Likes

I hereby declare this thread to become obsolete. It will remain as a museum of two cars, shitposting and my utter incompetence of the old days in tuning cars (not that I’m not incompetent now, but a bit less I hope :stuck_out_tongue:).

New thread will follow this week.

*on Ram’s request any traces of his car’s existence will be annihilated :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes