One little question about game period

Will be pre-1946 period made in one of the expansion packs?

And what about two-stroke engines?

Pre 1946 - probably not - for one thing during the war basically no new cars were designed, so it would be pretty boring.
Also it would be a lot of effort on our part (all different art for older cars for one thing), for something that I don’t think would add a great deal to the game

Two Strokes? Perhaps - we’ll consider it after we have added Wankel Rotaries etc.

Small two-stroke engines would be useful in a post-war Europe scenario: they are very cheap to build and operate, ideal engines for microcars like the Isetta or the Goggomobil.

Very true.

Won’t be available on release, but may be added later I would say

well the trabant was a two stroke car… and the DDR built till its collapse

but the DDR was not capitalist, the game is about running a successful car company, a communist car company doesn’t count :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to make some 2-strokes, it would be a really great thing for “Kei” cars if we want to set us up in Japan.
And I discovered some months ago, that the Fiat 500 now has a new 2-stroke engine, that is enough powerful to be a good choice, even if we drive on highways and other countryside roads. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Kev2442”]I’d like to make some 2-strokes, it would be a really great thing for “Kei” cars if we want to set us up in Japan.
And I discovered some months ago, that the Fiat 500 now has a new 2-stroke engine, that is enough powerful to be a good choice, even if we drive on highways and other countryside roads. :slight_smile:[/quote]

right now im confused…

is 2 strokes the same as 2 cylinders?

Yeah, the Fiat 500 Twin Air is a 2 Cylinder, but its still a 4 stroke

Will there be that type of hardly modernised pre-world-war cars, produced until the middle of 1950s like Mercedes 170 V and so on?

Heh heh, he said Wankel

Indeed I did!