Pick your team. Pick your cars

You still need some heavy lifting to load whatever we’d be stealing into whatever we’re stealing it with. That, and it might help to have someone who can throw hubcaps with ballistic velocities as a defensive strategy. Plus, while Luke’s not exactly a trained wheelman, he is capable of driving any vehicle at its limits, although around a track, he’ll be about a second or two slower because of his physical weight. And because who he is can be contained in code, building multiple units of himself running exactly the same code means everyone has a bullet-resistant guardian sitting behind them, hurling bits of metal and a few rocks at persuing vehicles.

As for vehicles… We need vans, with fast engines. Specifically, we need vans capable of taking a lot of weight, so solid rear axle on leaf springs. Engines making enough horsepower to push something with the aerodynamics of a brick up to super-car speeds. And we’d need a big gas tank, to give us extended range at speeds well above sanity.

We also need a decoy, someone to distract the local authorities long enough for our heist to go down. Their car needs to be fast, at least enough to make sure all helicopters are focused on them and not us. It’ll also need to be tough, because after a few minutes of trying to stop it, the authorities are likely to either spike-strip the tires or start shooting. As much as the Storm Mamba or the Gryphon Gear lineup is fast, we don’t need that kind of blinding speed, because there’s only so fast those can go, and once a tire’s gone, it’s undrivable. No, I think we need something more old-school. Something 70’s vintage, steel body, ladder chassis, big V8 making more than enough horsepower to roast the rear tires, and we slap on a 4WD kit and make an off-road, Mad Max inspired, armored high-speed muscle car. If you can go off-road at high speed, they’ll need all those helicopters just to keep up with you.

For that van base, you have described a tuned ECV Crest MkII

Say no more: 1976 Petoskey Workman Ambulance Package.

Why an ambulance? Pure brilliance. Just start a fire or blow something up to distract authorities, then drive up in the ambulance and discreetly make your getaway. No one is going to question an ambulance leaving the scene of an explosion. Plus for faster response times, a 432 rests under the hood.

So… We need this:

Just for fun I might do this to my company’s mid 60s Barracuda!

1 Like

i think you just described ford transit when it first came out.

i remember hearing when it came out, it was the van of choosing to do a crime, and statistically something around 50% of robbery vehicles was a type of ford transit

edit: okay found it. from wikipedia

According to the show Top Gear,
British police have reported that in the 1970s, 95% of all robberies in
which the criminals used a vehicle involved this type of Ford Transit.

A certain game taught me that the best vehicle for jobs such as these is an armored four wheel drive sports sedan.

However a virtually bullet proof armored sedan is only good for small time robberies. No good for real big scores. What do you drive when trying to get away from a very pissed off police department willing to use any means necessary to take you down with heavy vehicles and deadly force? Why a superbike of course!

However we don’t have superbikes here hmm. Eh next best thing, the Gryphon Ouroboros sounds like the perfect vehicle to navigate small streets, weave past road blocks, survive a hail of gunfire and reverse kill unsuspecting pedestrians.

That’s a new advertising hook: GG Ouroboros, pays for itself after one heist. :joy:

1 Like

Bah, what the armored sedan lacks in sturdiness, it makes up for in maneuverability. After running into one of the big ones with a turret, I think I’d rather trade. Assuming were going off the same reference which I think we are.

Galt makes a turbo V8 G-Series, don’t it? enough speed and acceleration to flee the cops with the load capacity of a truck, to let you carry more valuables in the back whilst fleeing, and the best pro? manufactured in 2002, they go for cheap on second hand markets meaning it’ll easily pay itself off :wink: