PZS - alternative history Polish cars! On hold until UE update

#Introduction
As some may know there were Polish cars produced under the brand FSO in real life - a state operated company from communist times, but agonising yet in the XXI century. Well, this is my alternative history, in which instead of FSO, Poland got PZS - which, unlike FSO, but more like Skoda and Dacia, succeeded after the fall of the communist regime :slight_smile: For those wondering what these abbreviations stand for - FSO is Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych, in English Factory of Passenger Cars, and PZS is Państwowe Zakłady Samochodowe - National Car Works, in later years renamed to Polskie Zakłady Samochodowe - Polish Car Works.

#Models

1 Like

This sounds like a fun idea. Are we going to have a stream of cheap and cheerful eastern-european runabouts then? :smiley:

EDIT: Does this mean we could see something as cool as the VAZ 1111 Oka?

(That’s right, the Russians beat Europe in making the first proper city car!)

2 Likes

Yes of course! :smiley: Or, hmm… That cheerful part might be replaced with crude :smile:

2 Likes

And here comes the first car :slight_smile:

#PZS Sawa
Sawa (pronounce Sava) was a main female character of a well-known legend about establishing Warsaw, the capital of Poland. And PZS Sawa was a main car of Polish people in late 50s and 60s. In 1952 Polish government decided that there should be a car smaller than then-currently produced PZS Wars to satisfy the need for a personal mode of transportation capable of transporting a whole average family with their baggage. Thus the PZS development office was comissioned to design such car, and in 1954 the first prototypes saw the light of the day. After a few minor changes they were accepted, so the PZS factory was expanded to be able to start the production by early 1956.

Two variants were released, standard [color=#ff000f]Sawa[/color] (internal designation 200):

…and better equipped [color=#ff000f]Sawa Lux[/color], made mainly for export (internal designation 200L):

• Top speed: 104km/h
  • 0-100: eventually…
  • 78 octane unleaded petrol*
  • Price: 78 000 zł (600$) for Sawa, 84 500 zł (650$) for Sawa Lux (6000$/6500$ in-game)**
  • Exported to Czechslovakia, Hungary, Romania, smaller amounts to USSR, GDR and even a few to Denmark and Sweden

It was moderately modern design despite being constructed on a ladder frame - it had front wheel drive and four-stroke engine with overhead camshaft - features that were not obvious in its class and time. This, simplicity of construction (it was said that everything in this car can be repaired with a screwdriver and a 13mm wrench ;)) and quite spacy interior made it a success (well, having no other choice too, in some countries).

#####[color=#777777]*let’s say… with true 78 RON engine parameters are horrific, way worse than real life Syrena’s engine from the same time (which really ran on 78 octane, but it was a two-stroke one); in fact it runs on 86 octane and is still slightly worse than Syrena’s S-15 engine[/color]
#####[color=#777777]**calculations are very rough and based on limited data, fact mending and imagination :P[/color]

8 Likes

Communism has only three failures: breakfast, lunch and dinner. And in this case, horsepower :laughing:

Communism cars spend more time in the factory than on the road (That is to say not a lot).

I highly doubt the Oka was conceived before cars such as the

literally every kei car ever

Note that there is no Mini because fuck the Mini and the blatant lie about its influentialness.

2 Likes

@szafirowy01 Ahh! I love it so much! Also, loving the little bits of extra chrome on the Lux trim, because you know, chrome = luxury :wink:

@Awildgermanappears Touche! Kei cars certainly came before the Oka, however I’m fairly sure the Oka is one of the earliest cars to be designated a city car (I’m 50% sure I’m wrong on that so if someone does know, please say!).

I’m looking for a license car to be produced under PZS brand.
The car needs to:

• be produced from 1947-1952
  • be about 4.5-4.8m long (15-16ft)
  • be quite cheap and simple
  • have 4 doors
  • have an engine with 4-6 cylinders and 1.8-2.5l displacement, at best capable of running on low quality fuel
  • preferably be from USSR or some Western Europe country apart from Germany and maybe UK

Please send me PMs or post links or short presentations here :slight_smile:

IS OF POLAND

2 Likes

YES POLAND STRONK :smile:

1 Like

wait for UE4 update, and Airborne reboot… Then the polish duo (Airborne Automotive and PZS) can take over these markets :stuck_out_tongue:

AND THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!

1 Like

Seeing no hope for getting a license car and the Unreal update coming soon, I officially announce that this thread and brand are not dead, but on hold until the Unreal update comes. And no, that’s not a shameless bump, not at all :stuck_out_tongue: I intend to be significantly more active on the forum in the coming two weeks, and thus I felt that doing something here too is a good idea.