QFC13 - Truckin' - Sport Trucks!

Y’all are way ahead of me, I am hoping for some free hours tonight and tomorrow to get most of these figured out. I appreciate the enthusiasm and guideline suggestions though.

2 Likes

Still in the formulating stages, hang tight!

OK everyone, I updated the first post with all the requirements, priorities, restrictions, etc. Let’s give it a day to get past Halloween and if everything looks agreeable, I’ll set the timeframes soon.

3 Likes

What about Advanced Trim Settings?

I’m assuming you can use them, but only in moderation.

Very good question. I have zero issue with reasonable changes/adjustments. It might even be smart to add some mild rake to the suspension with it, or lower on the frame a tiny bit. Just don’t overcook it. Interior is skipped on QFCs so the typical adjustments for chassis aren’t needed.

1 Like

If there is no further deliberation, I just have the question on timing, since there are holidays and a few other very interesting competitions going on. We usually conduct QFC’s pretty quick, so, how about launching submissions from today on, and would everyone be good with ending this one on Nov 12th, 12:00 PM EST?

Make it the 13th (a Sunday) and we’re good :ok_hand:t5:

Great idea, and done, updated the first post to reflect the new timeframe.

13 Likes

Straffesteen TRX Roi

V8 speaks for itself.

6 Likes
8 Likes

2003 Bolland Braford SprintX V8

For 2003, the 3rd generation Braford was introduced in North America. For the first time in the Braford’s history, the 3rd generation was a North American market exclusive; Global markets would receive updates to the compact 2nd generation truck as the US-specific 3rd gen grew in every dimension. Compared to the compact truck competition, the new Braford sported a roughly 3.5" wider body, and a 6.5’ bed in regular cab mid-length bed form (a long bed was also available, as well as a short bed for extended cabs), aiming to carve a new niche between the ever-growing half-ton market and the well-established compact truck market. Construction remained of the conventional ladder frame and leaf sprung rear axle. The additional body width and bed length was intended to bring new levels of comfort and usability to the relatively inexpensive Braford, and make buyers of half-tons take a second look at this big midsize option.

The sporty SprintX package took advantage of the new wider platform to offer a more powerful engine; the 5.3 liter “Amber New Millenium” small block V8. In this sporty guise, the 5.3 ANM produced 295 hp thanks to a sport exhaust and a slightly more aggressive tune. The SprintX received a unique rear differential as well, the regular limited slip replaced by a road-oriented viscous unit with an aggressive final drive ratio, allowing the truck to accelerate to 100 kmh in 6.5 seconds. To improve the cornering capabilities of this sporty truck, the SprintX also received a stiff, sport-tuned suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes with big, 13" rotors and 4 piston calipers up front, and 255/55r19 high-performance tires.

13 Likes

Great start, everyone! Lots of potential in these lil trucks.

holy shit balls truck

this is a Peregrine P292R, originally a Helron Curlander, it is large, it is probably slow, and it looks extremely 2000s

The new 2003 Peregrine P292R: An explosion of colour, noise, and style

more images

Racing against a similar vehicle

The standard Curlander on the right, showing just how different they look

It is in fact pretty decent at towing and going on trails

3 Likes

2003 MMW Redwood FireSport

Michigan Motor Works presents the 2003 Redwood FireSport, the ultimate street truck.
Brand new for 2003 is the Roadrunner 4.6 liter DOHC V8 making 350 hp, replacing the old 5.5 OHV unit. Transmission choices include a five-speed sport manual gearbox and a four-speed automatic. Only a regular cab, short bed configuration is offered for the FireSport.

Gallery

6 Likes

Sumida G Max Gsport V8

First, a message from your friend Joe Sumida,

How fast is Sumida G Max Gsport V8? How’s 950 Miles per hour? (Sounds like a lie)

Even “Joe Sumida” can’t resist to do the “Bullet catch” in this G Max Gsport V8.

4 Likes

Alright! Time to close the submissions, the winner has arrived!

26 mpg, 0-60mph in less than 5 seconds.

It’s the…

:hibiscus: Asagao Sunflower :hibiscus:

time to get binned for being too small

3 Likes

2003 Pandora Avatar GTX

Powered by an 8L V10 engine, producing 413hp and 639nm, the Avatar GTX does indeed come with a strong heart and no fear… of sideswiping a tree that is. Offered with RWD and a manual 5 speed transmission as standard and available with 4WD and an automatic 5 speed transmission, any owner will find themselves one with their Avatar as they drive it. With a long bed, an optional tow hitch and a large engine, the Avatar also can be a hard worker and a utilitarian beast with a tow anything attitude. But when you want to have fun, just shut off the traction control, drop it down into first and put your foot down. Whether you want to perform a graceful slide, light up the tires or tow bulldozers, rest assured the Avatar GTX will not disappoint.

Do you dare to take control of your Avatar?

4 Likes

Yes, this is not a truck, more of a mini-ute. I messaged you and would be OK with a resub, based on the cab + bed needing to be a separated. That’s a true truck (at least in this competition.)