QFC19: Stairway to Heaven - A Personal Dedication

If it’s not a huge hassle, may I see how the steering graph looks on your end?

Here it is:

One indicator that a car tends to oversteer is a low-speed steering graph (left) that peaks in the red area.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s actually slightly different from what I saw last on my end, and since you mentioned larger rear tires, which did exist on the car at one point but not in the last revision…

I’m assuming it’s automation doing a goof and exporting a slightly backdated version of the car, despite me exporting it multiple times to avoid this.

Sigh unfortunate

Apparently I forgot about the low-speed oversteer. Proportions are whack from many angles yes, like every subcompact sedan. A front stretch and lower a-pillar move are on the menu for v3 (the rally car CSR was v2 branch)
Anyway congrats to winner and on a quick fire challenge.

Graphs on my end for reference

1 Like

Ah. Oops. Considering I made the final checkups well in to the night I don’t find it surprising I missed it haha. Then again the engine wasn’t that great anyway.

Should’ve payed more attention. Whoops.

I enjoyed submitting a car for this though, besides being binned. I’ll try again next round!

Yay I tried really hard refreshing the Kingfisher. Usually I get burned for making “all-rounder” cars but it looks like this time that corporate strategy paid off.

I’ll host then.

I’ll start thinking about what QFC20 will be and may do a bit of a poll. I keep coming back to 60’s amateur drag racing.

3 Likes

All other things being equal, in 1994, a turbocharged and/or all-alloy engine would have been less reliable than a normally aspirated and/or iron-block equivalent - yours had an aluminum block and heads in addition to a turbocharger, which explains its low reliability score compared to most of the other engines in the field.

That was because of the 3 Star impact from comfort, and because this was as far as I was concerned not meant to be a sports sedan. But I’m happy to get a podium finish.

QFC20 is up!

We’re going with GT homologation cars from 1967, limit 4000cc engines.

2 Likes