QFC25 - PATAGONIA SPECIAL |FINALS|

Since you really have been the only one asking…perhaps consider making it yourself? If you want something to be done then you can’t just come and politely ask for someone else to do something that hasn’t really been a problem. Yes, it may be unintuitive for new participants, however, every entry is a learning experience, and after maybe 1-2 challenges you know the ropes pretty well. That was my experience at least, getting binsmacked in QFC19 and getting worst reliability in MCC, which showed to me that I had a skill issue and needed to improve.

Besides that, small tip for getting better practicality: beef up your brakes.

4 Likes

guys all I asked for was how to make a car realistic I didnt ask for twitter

16 Likes

Sorry. it’s not usually this ‘lively’. To answer your question: Figure out what type of car you want to make. In this challenge, it’s basically a choice between a truck or an SUV, between a body-on-frame or a unibody construction, and between the size class you want to work with (think compact, midsize, fullsize/large). Then look up 2003 cars in your segment of choice and figure out which engineering choices are reasonable. It doesn’t have to be a carbon copy of anything, far from it, but when you do something different you should think why a company would make that decision. If you think a host might question an engineering decision you have made, you can explain it in the text of your advertising post in this thread; this doesn’t guarantee you will be let through, but it increases your chances because it shows you’ve thought about it.

5 Likes

And if you ever have doubts about a certain quality, always feel free to ask. Most people here love talking about car history and realism, and you can learn a lot in those conversations!

(and yeah, sorry about the drama, I promise it’s usually calmer than this. Looks like an argument from another thread got spilled into this one.)

3 Likes

But it -has- been a problem… Sure, I’d be happy to do that, but I don’t feel I’m experienced/qualified enough. I don’t know what MCC is, for instance, nor does the one Sticky post in this forum define it.

Sorry for the Twitter. We can move this to DM, it’s just an issue of public concern.

2 Likes

so since ill be making a Premium SUV, would the X5, Cayenne and Range Rover be a decent place to look?

Yeah, they’d fit the brief just fine. (edit: lol 2 of those are in the inspirations, I just noticed)

If you want more, some other SUVs like those 3 at include the Mercedes M-Class (W163), the Lexus LX, and perhaps the Acura MDX.

oh yes M Class, that would be perfect

Is using the advanced trim settings allowed to a point where it is still realistic?

It’s allowed

3 Likes

THE IP BRIGADIER 4.8 GLX

Legends never die. They just gets reborn.

4 Likes
The Yojida CrossSX C-Cabrio, brought to you by @shibusu (engineering) and @Hilbert (design)
The all-new Yojida CrosSX C-Cabrio

Urban comfort

• Satellite Navigation
  • 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
  • 3.7L Twin Turbocharged V6 Engine
  • Top of the Line Safety Features
  • Luxurious Leather Seats
  • Massaging Front Seats

Compact Package of Speed and Power

• Lightweight Body Panels
  • 670 kg
  • Premium Alloy Wheels
  • 0-100 in 4.2s, Top Speed of 310 km/h
  • Combined Fuel Consumption of 5.2 l/100km
  • Prices Starting from $17,900
Every Day is an Adventure
11 Likes

I dont understand why Convertible SUVs never took off properly. They are great at being out in the elements whilst your off the beaten path, and iirc both the Bronco and the IH Scout had detachable roofs. Maybe if SUVs were actually taken offroad they would have stuck around more

Body flex on a cabriolet is a serious detriment to off road performance.

It’s not a major problem with body on frame SUV’s, but as they tend to be larger you wouldn’t usually get a convertible variant of those.

3 Likes

I want massive convertibles. Hammond had the right idea lol

You could always do what jeep did with the detachable roof.

Could also go for the sort of semi convertible, detachable roof type. So it’s not a complete jelly

This body type is available in the “relay” body btw

Anyone else having issues hitting the 45 utility target? I feel like 40 is pretty easy but climbing over that meaningfully without lots of stat chasing is rather hard

Maybe the lower limits could be set at 40?

2 Likes

SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN

The deadline is 26th May 23.59 (GMT+2). Countdown link is in the original post.
Before sending in your entry please recheck the rules and priorities some changes have been made. If you have any further questions feel free to ask I'll answer as soon as I can. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I am on the edge, just hitting 45 and can’t go above that without huge compromising. But I did hit it so I can’t complain. Although my entry (by the appearance alone) should hit it and it should even be a higher value for it. :smiling_face_with_tear: