Quick Fire Challenge 3

Ok I’ll do some research on how many bodies can do 3-row (assuming +2 as an option for row 3 minimum) and we’ll head that direction. It will be a “loose” challenge to allow a wide range, but I’ll be more specific soon.

As for the era in which it will be set… I’m expecting it to be late-2010s (or 2020).

Yikes, from driving it in Beam I had no idea it had a high body roll of 6.3, it felt perfect lol

2 Likes

I know it’s probably not going to happen, but would love to see a full size van round in the 80s - Econoline, Transit, AR6/Ducato/J5, Vandura etc

Thinking wide era range, since we have to already figure 10+ years ahead of the program’s body range for modern cars. So, again based on bodies that support a 4 or 5 +2 seat row set, I think anything from 1990ish and up could be fun.

Thinking Sporting Soccer Fam or something. Sportyish (or at least sporty and fun-looking) people holders. Probably AWD, promoting comfort, driveability, practicality. And secondarily economy, service running costs, and actual performance.

We could do mid-premium trim points but I need to research how much that works out to be. Again, thoughts? Could be fun, right?

Glad to be in the top 5! Now, I still think that if the devs say 50+ loudness is just what you get from a performance intake, then that should be considered “sports-car-loud” - but I don’t dispute that I played much more fast and loose with muffling than I normally do.

2 Likes

Yeah, with the intake noises being as borked as they are now, I don’t think one can go by the old loudness values anymore, especially not on a performance engine.

3 Likes

The exhaust and intake systems on my car were based on my real-life reference - my C4. One performance-tuned midrange intake (which does indeed dominate noise at high range), true dual exhaust with one cat and one muffler per bank. And yeah it’s pretty loud at high revs, but it’s pretty much silent down low. The road makes more noise than the engine’s idle.

In the game’s current state, variable intake and performance intake options increase engine volume a massive amount, far more than they should in my opinion. Probably your issue there.

Oh, I know that much. I just thought people got the memo and, in absence of a stated limit, perf was fine and considered acceptable.

I understand there was a limit, but I’m not sure it should have been put in the priorities section instead of the rules. If its a set budget it should be considered as a rule rather than a priority, right? Though, it could be for reasons I’m not aware of. (Ps. I didn’t see the limit until now)

I am surprised to finish second. A good surprise! I was used to careless mistakes that got me directly disqualified.