Road Kings (Subs Closed, Review Time)

Default is good imo, cant go too low because these are premium family haulers.

For a cheap economy car absolutely, 25mil is enough. But there’s a Caddy, Lincoln, Land Rover and a G Class in the inspirations. 45 or 50 is just fine for this segment.

4 Likes

The thing with qualspam is that it’s the dev-endorsed way to replicate real-life statistics and benchmarks. If you’re not using a lot of it especially in the later years, something’s wrong

3 Likes

true
but for that sake 50m is quite a bit, and fits overall with what you can do

With no further questions or concern submissions are officially open

4 Likes

You left out one of the diesel rules:

4e. Exhaust must have one muffler set to None.

Its purpose is to simulate the (not insurmountable) extra clatter of a diesel.

I recommend keeping cam profile zero, as well. Even then, powerbands are sometimes on the high side.

Ah
i may add them to the rules as noone has subbed yet but it kinda is in the submission period already so im not sure
should’ve added that to begin with, as well as the cam but i wanted to add some freedom

dcdcdcdcdcd
sorry, ill go back to being on subject, just a lil tism shining thru

2 Likes

Yes hello

Sutasiko Hutikumi 3.5L V6

1999 Sutasiko Hutikumi, 2003 Facelift. 1999 model on the right, 2003 facelift on the left.

Costs very little and is very good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Did you guys know it has 3.5L V6?

Oh hey did I already mention the 3.5L V6?

3.5L V6 by the way, guys.

Oh yeah and it also has 3.5L V6

2003 Sutasiko Hutikumi 3.5L V6

12 Likes

2003 Mara Ranger 4.0 KE

The 2nd generation Mara Ranger kept the nameplate steady as the 2WD version of the Kanyon/Ranger/Bizon/Yak (KRBY) family of SUVs, utes and vans, and also shared the more workhorse-like underpinnings of the KRBY family.

The Mk2 was introduced in 2000, just as stricter safety regulations in one of the main markets (Gasmea) would have prevented the sale of the 1980-vintage Mk1 KRBYs.

However, unlike for the previous generation, Komfort Extra versions were available as well, with a much uprated and comfortable interior, aiming more for the ‘urban ranger’ market.

Also, the Mk2 Kanyons and Rangers were available with two or three rows of seats, the latter allowing two easily removable jumpseats to be added to the cargo area.

3 Likes

Whether it’s getting you and your colleges to lunch and back, whether it’s pulling up to the work site in boots, or just dropping the kids off at practice, the 2003 Allure Q5 does the job with ease and confidence. Equipped with everything to get you there and back in one piece, safely, quickly and reliably. The 2003 Allure Q5 can be all yours for $31,100.

4 Likes

2003 ARMOR PANTHEON PLATINUM

Big American SUV with a strong 5.7 liter V8, roomy premium interior, and retro looks.

The Platinum trim level gives you premium brushed aluminum-style front and rear fascias, brushed trim inside and out, and a premium leather interior with retro plaid inserts.

Yours for $27,700

More Pics

8 Likes

Is there a minimum load capacity that you’re looking for? The lore states that his needs include hauling 5 persons + a towed load, however this is not listed among the priorities.

Considering the game devs haven’t really gotten the towing capacity to calculate properly, you could use the game’s calculated load capacity instead. Assuming a passenger body weight of 200lbs x 5 passengers + let’s say 500lbs gear + a trailer that would sleep 5 comfortably at roughly 5000lbs GVWR, you’re looking at a minimum load capacity of 6500lbs.

I think this affects the choices we make when considering priorities like comfort, driveability and offroad.

It’d be easy to tune a powertrain/brake/suspension combo that’s as comfortable as a cloud, but it wouldn’t tow it’s own weight.

3 Likes

I think load capacity and towing capacity are different things in the game. I wouldn’t want to include a GVW 5000 lb trailer in the load capacity, simply because your number would be pretty accurate… and to make that work in-game you’d be building a truck that more resembled a Ford F-650 dump truck lol.

My current build has somewhere around 3000 lbs load capacity and it can haul more. Hopefully that’s enough.

Ummmm a 3.5 Ecoboost F150 XLT can pull 13500…

No doubt. But what he meant was that the towing capacity stat is quite broken in game. The numbers are way off and it doesn’t accurately portray how much your vehicle can actually tow.

2 Likes

So I should just disregard the load capacity metric and just max out comfort then?

Yes, that’s what I said. Good job :clap::clap::clap::clap:

The load capacity and towing capacity will be hollisticly judged based on the overall build as both stats are rather broken in auto
Try to be reasonable at least innthe balance

2 Likes

IDK 32

3 Likes