Saminda Motor Co - The all new Enver, Economical and Sleek

I would by one definitely my kinda style

The HCC if i am not wrong it already planned long ago, no suprise when Saminda is going green .

Thanks everyone for the kind words !! appreciated

#Jeff Timothy , general manager for Saminda brand wants to “dominate” the green territory in U.S.

North America is the biggest market for Saminda said a automotive journalist

Timothy describes the refreshed 2015 C5 Hybrid and HCC as the beginning of an electrification onslaught.

The C5 Hybrid and HCC is at the forefront for our vision for Saminda’s advanced environmental lineup of vehicles," Timothy told a group of journalists at last week’s press launch. “It’s the first step in our plan to create a true volume sales pillar for electrified vehicles of all kinds: hybrids, plug-ins, battery electrics and fuel cells.”

Saminda is not new to electrification. This is, after all, the company that brought the first gasoline-electric hybrid to the U.S. market in 1998.

Not that Saminda needed to go deep in hybrids. It was able to meet emissions and corporate average fuel economy requirements without the considerable investment needed at the time to deploy the technology widely.

It also would have meant diverting r&d dollars and production capacity away from proven, profitable models, which didn’t make sense, Timothy said.

The refreshed C5 Hybrid soon will be followed to market by a trio of HCC models and the introduction of hybrid or plug-in hybrid iterations of Saminds’s core models.

The 2015 C5 Hybrid starts things off on the right foot, subtle tweaks to the 2.4-liter gasoline engine and the smaller, lighter hybrid system put the C5 Hybrid at the top of the midsize hybrid sedan segment for fuel economy, at 52 mpg city , 48 mpg highway and 50mpg combined.

Saminda is targeting at least 30,000 sales a year in the U.S.

1 Like

Very interesting. Looks like the C5 would be a direct competitor to my Adenine Valence, with the same body style and a similar 2.4L eco engine. It’s also got the same transmission and suspension setup.

The Valence is about 1mpg less efficient, but is much more drivable, more sporty (more power and less weight), more comfortable, and quite a bit more reliable (less quality control issues). It’s also cheaper. Sorry Saminda, but Adenine won’t let the US market be dominated :wink:

Saminda take their competitors seriously , 2016 C5 will be the best C5 and would be better ! . :wink:

2 Likes

The last thing i want to hear is that either the Type-R is gone or go hybrid. TBH the HCC should be 2016 C5 , it’s pretty as ***k

Something’s fishy here. He reliability rating is a bit too low for 2016 there

Remember, this is Saminda we’re talking about. Is a low reliability rating all that surprising? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, after the recent recalls… Maybe not.

But to get the same economy with car that weighs nearly 200kgs lighter is quite a feat

Can’t agree with you that , Saminda cars reliability are better then average without quality sliders IMO. Most reliability rating are above 70.

1 Like

#Everything you need to know about Saminda Ignition Recall which cost billions of dollars and lawsuits.

A faulty switch on the ignition of some cars would, when pressed, jiggled, or bumped a certain way, turn the key to the “off” position while driving. This would turn off power steering, power brakes, the engine, and all airbags. Drivers would effectively lose control of their vehicles.

So far, Saminda has attributed 5 deaths to the faulty switch problem.

Saminda has known that the problem existed in at least one of its cars since 2001. During pre-production of the Saminda C5 , engineers in America noticed the ignition problem and fixed it , however, the problem popped up again in 2004 , this time in the Auxuras ETL. This time Saminda did not fix the problem.

In 2014 , Saminda was forced to change new chiefs in certain part of country after quality control issue Saminda to change chiefs after quality control issue

Saminda has also announced that it will compensate victims and their families. Families will receive a minimum of $1 million, plus $300,000 for every surviving spouse and dependent.

Saminda said this recall will not end so soon and will continue investigating.

##Yuko Nagoya , CEO of Saminda Motor Co said that there would be estimated around 40-60 millions Saminda/Auxuras affected while only 20 millions car were recalled back.

Saminda to to drastically cut down ingnition scandal compensation scheme

BREAKING: Saminda officials have announced that the compensation for the families of the ignition recall will be reduced due to monetary concerns.

After reevaluating our financial situation we have come to the conclusion that it is critical for us to concentrate on fixing the ongoing problems with Saminda and Auxuras vehicles and work on regaining the trust of our core customer base. As a result we have decided to pay those affected by the ignition defect a fixed compensation of $250.000 instead of the previously promised $1.000.000 and addtional $300.000 per surviving family member. We’d like to say fuck you and apologise to those affected that we won’t pay for a new life of luxury and decadence.

5 Likes

It’s like the Ford Pinto all over again. “Cheaper to let 'em burn” and so they got the book thrown at 'em. Wouldn’t buy a Saminda or Auxuras at this point.

1 Like
#YEAR 2015

#Introducing the all new CR2 , Have a blast with your families - 6 Trims

#Japan Specs

Saminda CR2 1.5T X

Engine : RB Series , RB15F4

Saminda CR2 Hybrid X

Engine : REB Series (Atkinson) , REB2000 (115 Horsepower) with Electric Motor (25 Horsepower)

Saminda CR2 1.5T XS

Engine : RB Series , RB15F4

Saminda CR2 Hybrid XS

Engine : REB Series (Atkinson) , REB2000 (115 Horsepower) with Electric Motor (25 Horsepower)

#China Specs

Saminda CR2 1.8 Premium

Engine : YB Series , YB18A1

Saminda CR2 1.8 Luxury

Engine : YB Series , YB18A1

[quote]The Saminda CR2 is a compact MPV produced by Japanese automaker Saminda since 2000. It is available as a six and seven-seater, equipped with either a 1.8-liter (China) or the new 1.5-liter turbocharged (JDM) gasoline engine. It is positioned below the CR4 and above the CR15 in the Saminda minivan range

The Saminda CR2 is more successful in Japan and Singapore. It was never available in North America.

China
The new Saminda CR2 was first introduced in China domestic market and are made in China by Guangzhou-Saminda Automobile Co. . And later in Japan.

Powering the China’s CR2 is a older SOHC i-VIC 1.8-liter engine producing 140hp , which can also be found in the Saminda Zies.

Japan
In Japan , Saminda chose to offer the CR2 in a six-seat format (2+2+2) instead of going for a seven-seat configuration (2+3+2). The latter doesn’t appear impossible to offer, given that the second-row seats are wider than the front seats and are separated by two armrests that take up enough space. In China, the CR2 is offered either as a five-seater or as a seven-seater.

For Japanese market , Saminda offer a hybrid gasoline engine or a turbocharged gasoline engine.

[/quote]

##Sales figure 2015 : 201,643
##Availability :
Japan and China

##Related : Saminda C3

##Assembly :
Sayama , Saitama , Japan
Guangzhou , China (Guangzhou-Saminda)

CR2 1.5T X : $20,995
CR2 Hybrid X : $22,800
CR2 1.5T XS : $22,400
CR2 Hybrid XS : $24,800

CR2 1.8 Premium : $20,500 (China)
CR2 1.8 Luxury : $24,200 (China)

2 Likes
  • Saminda

• Quality

Pick one.

3 Likes

I drive a C3 and i can say Saminda’s are pretty reliable and good quality , but recent recall make me lose fate on them. Well , sure people does mistake and hope Saminda learned a lesson after their revamp on chiefs.

1 Like

Gotta say, that is a very decent looking MPV. Most cars in this class tend to be very dull, but this at least has some flair to it.

1 Like

That’s not a fair objection, there are tons of interesting Minivans already.

3 Likes

Eh, I guess so. I meant more compared to ones being made at the moment, only one of those is currently in production.

(Though I have always really liked the Multipla)