Saminda Motor Co - The all new Enver, Economical and Sleek

While this continued downsizing from Saminda-Auxuras is expected to reduce costs and fuel consumption, I am also worried that the ensuing loss of prestige might not be the only problem. An engine that is too small may end up having an inadequate power and/or torque output for its application. Also, in real life, recent real-world economy testing has thrown up considerable shortfalls between the theoretical and actual economy figures for a wide variety of cars, which could lead to Saminda shooting itself in the foot by blindly downsizing instead of right-sizing its engines (which involves using the correct engine displacement to achieve improved real-world economy). Even worse, they might not have a satisfactory engine for the next CZ6, if they choose to build it; a 2-liter turbo straight-four can only take a brand so far before they are forced to build something that, for the sake of market competitiveness, requires more, not fewer, cylinders.

1 Like

Even worse, that will directly contradict everything the Saminda philosophy has represented recently as well as pile on tooling costs and demand expertise and competency the company has let go of.

3 Likes

This is some top level motoring journalism analysis going on here!

To add to this, it’s not necesarily that 4 cylinder engines are inherently boring as such, it’s just how Saminda is using them. Take the new Jaguar XE for instance, which is being sold only with a 4 cylinder engine.

However, Jaguar have spent a lot of time developing and perfecting the engine - called Ingenium - incorporating some very clever features into it like modular design, future proofing and selective catalytic reduction (mention that at a party and you are guaranteed to pull :wink: ). My point is, it’s clever, and then they’ve topped that with some great branding and are rolling it out across all their new vehicles.

So, what Saminda needs to do is prove to us how good its engines are, and really justify the small sizes. Or, develop the branding of their engines to make them…well, more interesting!

3 Likes

I’d like to add Volvo S/V90’s example - it’s a big car, yet it is sold only with 2.0 I4. But it’s modern and powerful enough, and Volvo isn’t really known for big engines, but rather for being reasonable. And that is what this 2.0 is - a reasonable, modern engine, which though makes over 400hp in top T8 hybrid variant. Do I like a car of this class to have only 4 pot engines? Not really. But would I choose something other from this class other than this Volvo, if I had to? Not really too, as the car as a whole is nice and quite interesting (at least for me).

So I think that Saminda doesn’t really lack big engines with many cylinders - as this wouldn’t fit modern Saminda IMO - but rather other traits that would attract people to their cars. Something unique and characteristic for their cars, other than recalls.

4 Likes

Who hasn’t these days? Look at most real life brands, who really stayed true? Ferrari’s gone off to make a tarted up Gran Turismo, Honda’s gone turbocharged, Nissan thinks making 2 sports cars will fool the public into buying their cheaper drivel, Mazda’s getting alot of flack for trying to stay true, BMW thinks an FWD minivan can pass for an ultimate driving machine

If Automation companies were real life, I would’ve gone under years ago, GG would reveal their latest hyper-suv line to pander to the London and Arab crowd, Erin would’ve sold out and made a cheapo FWD leasewhore that only sells because it has a fancy badge on it. Saminda would be the only one of us to realistically survive. (No slamming intended at all :smile: . Just what would have been forced to build if we existed)

The real world is a cruel place and I take solace in that Automation allows us to build companies consumers and governments would never allow to exist.

6 Likes

And pondering over the arguments from Szafirowy and DeusExMackia, I’d find it hard to disagree with you on that.

Sadly, that’s so true. I think it would be worse than that. Our only thing would be “we’re british”, so we’d just be trying to flog cars on the basis of national pride and because “omg i love your english accent”.

Speaking of that leasewhore, it’d be the Tauga, and it’d have become a Mondeo-competitor with too much chrome on it for its own good! :grin:

7 Likes

Hell, I’ll fully admit Storm would’ve been dead sometime in the 60’s, and if by some miracle we made it through there, it’d have been our death in the 80’s. Our SymTrak mishaps, if we were still around by then, probably would have done us in. Our thing has always been AWD and (usually) enough power to get in trouble with it. And even then, we’re changing in response to the environment.

That said, Automation’s world isn’t the real world. We can all get away with our designs because we don’t have regulations stepping on our greatest ideas at every turn, we don’t have real customers with real brand loyalty, and we don’t have true competition between all the companies, where it matters who builds what kind of car. That said, Saminda is one of the most realistic companies, other than that with the amount of recalls they’ve gone through, they’d be closed, too, through regulatory hell.

3 Likes

Realistically Saminda will not go bankurpt for it major recalls , look at how Ford and VW survive with those hell recalls.

@abg7 I doubt CZ6 will ever come back , they would rather focus on making something that they can earn. If the C2KR fail to meet their sales target , i am sure it will vanish in ashes too

Go fuck yourself

is what I’d say to that :joy:

Well, as abg said, rightsizing is key. I’m going to go a bit further still. Saminda make City cars. A turbo 2L inline 4 is ok for a hot Hatch or a compact mid sedan provided it doesn’t blow past 1400-1500kg Tops. The bottom line is as far as size goes, bore is key. And if it isn’t, then the earliness of your turbo spool is, and for that, bore is still key. You need good low end torque for better economy in stop start traffic. Where the right size, imho, comes in, is figuring out how large a bore you can match the stroke without the block getting too heavy for the chassis dynamics.

2 Likes

In other news DSD was working on a sub 7m gh 4x4…go away GG Dsd needs this

max bore with minimun stroje is another Dsd key to engine design in low octane motors

You can have that one, damn :joy:

That’s literally all the engines I’ve made to date.

Just remember performace= big bore small stroke, efficient engine= big stroke small bore

In case of efficiency, I fully agree. But in case of performance it’s a matter of balance (but yeah, usually heavily leaned towards bigger bore).

1 Like
#YEAR 2016

#C3 Coupe Spec-V

Saminda C3 Coupe Spec-V

Engine : RB Series , RB15F1E

[quote]The Saminda C3 Coupe Spec-V is the sportier version of the C3 Coupe .

Engine power is down from 245bhp to 210bhp
The engine is a turbocharged 1.5-liter 4-cylinder that delivers 210 horsepower and 233nm of torque, and drive is to the front wheels only. The previous C3 Spec-V came with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder with 245 hp and 330nm of torque.

Even a heavy decrease in power , Saminda claims that it still perform as well as the previous model while giving much better fuel economy.

Exhaust that never sound this good in a compact sedan before
Think of a rally car, and you’ll have a great idea of what this car sounds like. It’s unlike anything Saminda has ever put on a factory car before. In fact, the designers looked at how loud a car can legally be and made the C3 Spec-V that loud.

The C3 Spec-V sound this good thanks to a airbox that Saminda says allows for more sound with less baffling. This is due to the use of a porous material on the intake tube that lets the sound spread better.

Interior
On the inside, the driver will enjoy the flat bottom steering wheel, driver and passengers seats with sporty styling, as well as red contrasting stitching on the upholstery.[/quote]

##Sales figure 2016 : -
##Availability :
North America

##Designer :
-

##Assembly :
Greensburg , USA
Alliston , Canada

###C3 Coupe Spec-V: $26,180

5 Likes

Saminda, please :sob:

What?

Coupe? What is this nonsense?

SAMINDA WHAT ARE YOU DOING
no one is going to buy a fat “coupe” that has as much sportiness as a shopping cart. 210hp for 1500kg? At least the economy is decent…

this car is so niche its like saminda shooting itself in the foot by mass producing a car that very few will desire

a heavy 2 door with not much sportiness, FWD, focus on economy… will people want to buy this car simply for it’s rally car sound? I usually am either neutral or like what Saminda does but this time, this is not a good step IMHO.

3 Likes

When Saminda killed off CZ6 , the company is probably dead .

Based on real life perspective , Saminda left the enthusiast dead.

2 Likes

If they don’t care for enthusiasts why build coupes at all? For one, in most of Europe two door hatchbacks are sold mostly to old people and food delivery services outside of that, these superminis sell in huge number only with 4 doors or more. So when you build a cat with an inherent practicality disadvantage, to a market you already finished with, what are you doing?

2 Likes

I’m digging the looks. Tail light strops always get approval from me and you’ve done a great job there. But…

I raise you the Merna X-Eco. Similar power but with a 3" exhaust and a 2.4l Turbo i4 Twin Cam.

2 Likes