Save proplem!

its been 2 days that i re create more than 2 times the same cars over and over again…i am saving my work eveytime when i finish my cars.it shows them at sandbox. but when i close the game and open it after the car is gone .just before it took me almost 2 hours to finish a supercar it was complete trim engine etc i did multiple saves to be sure that wont happend like the other cars i did .now i opened the game and is gone. i only have some cars that i created some time back before.any suggestions? should i start play by the next update?

I have in someway a similar Problem. Automation often seems not to be able to save things propely. Often when i try to load Models/Trims etc. i got such a like Errormessage:

tolua + + dbcall failed!.: [string
“–SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_IO.lua…”]:518: attempt to index field
‘Body’ (a nil Value)

While ‘Body’ is subject to change everytime. But always a nil value.

[quote=“WoarLord”]I have in someway a similar Problem. Automation often seems not to be able to save things propely. Often when i try to load Models/Trims etc. i got such a like Errormessage:

tolua + + dbcall failed!.: [string
“–SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_IO.lua…”]:518: attempt to index field
‘Body’ (a nil Value)

While ‘Body’ is subject to change everytime. But always a nil value.[/quote]

yeap it has happen to me sometimes also

so does anyone have the same problem? my game just dont want to save any new car models

Yes I am having a similar issue on the steam (beta) version, I save a car and go out of sandbox mode come back in and its there. Exit the game and it is gone. The game gives an error if I start a new car the game gives the error " this item already exists, are you sure you want to replace it? "

Where does the game save the files now is it still in Documents?
It was working before the end of June update.

I have verified the files but I have not had time to try an uninstall and reinstall.

[quote=“CrashMaster”]Yes I am having a similar issue on the steam (beta) version, I save a car and go out of sandbox mode come back in and its there. Exit the game and it is gone. The game gives an error if I start a new car the game gives the error " this item already exists, are you sure you want to replace it? "

Where does the game save the files now is it still in Documents?
It was working before the end of June update.

I have verified the files but I have not had time to try an uninstall and reinstall.[/quote]

well i reinstall the game but nothing happend, i deleted all the files from the cars folder that are having car model 1 or car trim 1 i did a new one again and still they were gone again after closing the game.
now i figure out that when i make a new car and rename the trim and model name the car does not disappear.But when i spend some time of making a new car and i opened the game again some hours after and the car was there but all the headlights stuff ,design was gone just the stock body there.

Are you on Steam version? Try removing all of the cars/engines from the Documents\My Games\Automation folder. If it fixes the problem, then it is one of your cars/engines causing the issue. At least, that was my problem a few releases ago (1st Stem release I think). I have not noticed in my game recently, however. It was before there was a manual save button put back in. I create a car, close the game, and the car would vanish when I restarted. But the car was still there in the folder it was supposed to be in. What ended up causing the issue was a car that had not autosaved correctly was confusing the game into thinking the file was not there anymore.

If you’re not on Steam version, then your files will be located in Documents/Automation.

Tried deleting the one in the doc/mygames and It resets all the options but I still have the problem

Same here :cry:

uninstalled the steam version and deleted the directory in mydoc\games, tried the stand alone demo, the Demo worked fine. (creates a new folder for standalone in the games dir.) reinstalled the full steam version got the same error on starting a new car. Also still have the error when I leave and come back in where nothing is saved.

is there another location that I need to look at?

i have had this problem aswell, my solution is to export every new car and its trims when you are done making them, if you had already exported and you make a new trim, exporting it again will include the new trims. this way if your cars disipare you have a file backup of them =)

Workaround is found here: automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =16&t=7459