Sedan/Estate Thread

Good to see Petoskey back after many years.

4 Likes

Various images of the B7 while I decide what to do with the B9

9 Likes

Make it a competitior to something like the BMW 8 series or the Mercedes SL?

It’s less that and more design-wise. There aren’t really any bodies that suit a 90s style B9 in the game (ie something similar to a W220 S-Class).

The Indicator body sets, despite their limitations (such as a short trunk morphing range and a narrow engine bay, among others), come close enough for the new B7 - they have a default unlock year of 1988, but they can still look fresh even into the early 2000s, which is why they seem just right for the second-generation B7. In contrast, the original B5/B7/B9 were built on a far boxier body set with a default unlock year of 1976 - but at the time of their introduction in 1986, their angular shape would have fit right in.

No fixtures (because I am not up for visual design) but this is intended to be a supercar killer full size saloon. It can just barely go 200 MPH.

In terms of engineering for its era, this is pure lunacy. Why not post the .car file for anyone who wants to have a go at designing its exterior (and an interior, if they wish)?

This is exactly the issue. There isn’t really a suitable body for the B9 unlike the B5 and B7 so I’m unsure what to do with it

Sure, why not. Anything anyone here can do will be much better than my feeble attempts. :rofl:

Full_Size_-_Super_Saloon.car (13.3 KB)

1 Like

Given that the largest of the Indicator body sets has a wheelbase of 3.0m, and the next largest one has a 2.85m wheelbase, it looks like you built the B7 on the latter - if that’s true, the B5 could be built on the third-largest Indicator body set (2.7m wheelbase), while the B9 would therefore be built on a 3.0m wheelbase - although as you just said, it’s not exactly a perfect match for the W220 in terms of the basic shape, since the rear end is a bit too flat for that.

There is a body similar to the W220, as I used it for the Primus Cognoscenti. But the quality is questionable.

The B7 is on the 3M body as it’s about 4.7m total length

What size is it? I can deal with janky bodies, it just needs to be a good fit dimensionally for the class

Thank you for the correction. It also explains why the B9 can’t be built on an XXL-sized Indicator body set with a 3.15m wheelbase (yet) - the Indicator isn’t currently available in that size.

Yeah that’s kind of the problem I’ve got, most of the bodies that are 5m+ in length total are 3.1-3.3M wheelbases, which is great except for the fact there are no 90s bodies capable of such

May I suggest the Edgy 00s Sedan body set? It has a default unlock year of 1997, with a maximum wheelbase of 3.25m.

You only need 2 chassis tech pool points to unlock it if you want to use it in 1995, and its basic shape will stay fresh well into the 2000s.

I’m going to have to improvise for the B9 I think - find a body which is less boxy that I can shoehorn a 90s body onto

Here’s my take on it:

It’s a simplistic design, but it works well enough for the era, and I have left the morphs and trim settings as they were.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t want to see that flying up the inside lane of the Autobahn in the mid 80s. Lean, mean and the farthest thing from green