Sedan/Estate Thread

2002 Aim Swallow Mk.V 6B (and the 2003 8S/12H)

In the early 2000’s Aim was storming ahead with its plan to regain relevancy in its home country Australia, and the first Swallow in over 15 years was set to be the culmination of that. The Mk.V launched initially in late 2002 with only its “base” 6B model, although true to form Aim offered it with enough option packs to cover multiple market segments. It was quite advanced for Aim, with the engine especially being a big selling point as it was the first major overhaul to their aging modular engines since the 70’s.

Come early 2003, they fleshed out the range a bit with a sports offering, the 8S. Being a traditional Australian family sedan with a V8 and rear wheel drive, it presented itself as a cheaper but slightly less powerful alternative to the Commodore SS and Falcon XR8.

Later that year though, Aim took everyone by surprise by releasing an even sportier version of the Swallow, the 12H. Featuring a surprisingly compact V12 and all wheel drive, it was not the sales hit Aim thought it might be, but it did give the company a new hero car, which they had been sorely lacking.

5 Likes

2018 Hanekawa C40

5 Likes

typical first car for the average South Korean teen (wanted to put on a very quick (and bad) design)

10 Likes

That looks pretty damn decent for a bad design lol…I like it.

1994 IP Royal Vagant

5 Likes

I can’t exactly put my finger on what the front looks like. But it resembles some kind of Japanese car and the rear is either fictitious or Mercedes-Benz tailights seem to make it resemble a Benz or something similar to that.

1 Like

Camry? It was not a source of inspiration but I can still see a couple of similarities now when thinking about it.

Yeah, kinda. More or less Civic 5th gen but with an grille

2001 Hone Maxi RiderX AWD (tried to somewhat emulate the JDM 1st gen Corolla Fielder)

3 Likes

2018 Cross Towncar 1.5 Select Alldrive
disqualified from CSR for ET. sad. one of my better designs too.

how do you drift an AWD car? uh… uhhhhh…

7 Likes

It got some lackluster review on the design too IIRC, but taste certainly differs, I think that it is stylish.

1 Like

I thought your car looked pretty damn good honestly.

it’s a very european styled car, which is what it would be; Cross was focusing on the EU market at the time, due to it being easier to sell there.

EVOLUTION OF THE IP ICARUS

From the left: 1960-65, 1966-71, 1972-79, 1980-84, 1985-91, 1992-96, 1997-04.

9 Likes

WIP teaser!
1995 Avion Summit II (U.S. version)

4 Likes

This kind of reminds me of the Fiat Stilo Wagon, especially from the back :slight_smile:

1 Like

2020 Benx Almora 1.2 Turbo, carro de origem americana voltado para o mercado brasileiro, como um sedan médio!

6 Likes

1995 KPS K10

2 Likes

LVAP Light Dreams 3L W16.

This isn’t the right thread for it - you should post it here instead, as well as in your own company’s thread.

2 Likes