Splendid Auto Monthly - A Motoring Man's Meanderings (Gavin Anderson's Blog)

Thank you for the review! :grin: Glad you liked the car despite the flaws. I must say that I tried to go for a more comfy approach when it came to suspension tuning, but probably did it uncorrectly and became a game of rapidly diminishing returns.

2 Likes

Well, it’s hard to judge the comfort score anyway at the moment so I went down the performance route instead in terms of judging. Still though, that makes it more rounded for daily use.

1 Like

The new Kimura Auburn gets a multi-trim mega review from Mr Anderson.

7 Likes

Gavin might just have found his new favourite car.

8 Likes

Another GT car, this time from Japan, and perhaps not quite a full-bodied GT car.

6 Likes

Introduction

What is the best two door performance coupe that you can buy for no more than around £90k?

If there’s one thing that I am sure all of us motor enthusiasts can agree upon, it’s that a powerful two door coupe is an object we all aspire to own or at least drive at some point in our lives. Much of that is because there are so many different types of cars that can come under that term. And the automotive industry knows this; it’s why the variety of vehicles in this big shootout is so considerable. More specifically, there are a lot of cars in this category, making choosing one to be your favourite even more difficult.

The Splendid Auto Monthly office has been having an argument about this for a long time, so much so that we’ve even set out guidelines for what counts. The max price has to be no more than around £90k (without options), though we’ll accept a higher price if it’s worth it. But, the car can cost much less than this and still count. That is because of the other criteria: it must do 0-60 in less than 4.5 seconds and must have two doors. Other than that, anything goes. That’s why we have a properly worldwide selection for this review, with out-and-out sports cars to self-proclaimed drivers cars to the very best GT cruisers.

Before long, this argument had become phone calls to various dealerships organising borrowing cars for testing, hotel searching in the South Wales region of the UK, and booking train tickets to Merthyr Tyfdil.

Don’t worry if you haven’t got a clue where that is or how to pronounce it, that’s besides the point. This little town is the gateway to the setting of this massive test: the Brecon Beacons National Park.

imageimage
Images from GreatestDrivingRoads.com

It’s the jewel in the crown of Wales, a country that is known for being covered in amazing driving roads. The Beacons are home to the notorious Black Mountain Road, as well as a host of other stunning roads that combine sweeping ribbons of tarmac that trace their way down valley floors with twistier, bumpier routes that clamber their way over the great mountains of the region. What better a place then to find out which car is the best on the road.

We won’t just be testing here though; the test took place over 3 days, giving us time to get used to living with the cars, and to drive them in more urban settings. For any one of these cars to come out on top, it has to do well here too. And, by ‘we’ and ‘us’, I meant other members of S.A.M.; I might be doing the final writing, but it was a group effort to come to the conclusions and give feedback about the cars.

And of course, the ultimate decision is subjective.

With the criteria sorted and the setting chosen, it really was just a question of choosing where to start.

The Reviews

Sachiuri Sagitta (Prestige 4.4) - £83410 at 90% Markup
Let’s start in familiar territory with the Sachiuri Sagitta. I last drove this at the Antiyita Motor Show back in May of last year, and promptly declared a new benchmark for sportscars. It’s now finally here in Europe, and has been given a fresh look for 2018. It still looks complex and certainly isn’t beautiful, but the lights have been tidied up nicely, and it has more poise than the one I drove previously. The styling is big and broad on the face of it, but has detail when you look closer up; I almost think it might be representative of how the car is to drive.

The Sagitta falls into the premium sports car category - luxury interior and plenty of comfort, but tons of performance-focused kit under the skin that makes is phenomenally capable and sharp. I’m almost tempted to recommend it outright for anyone who wants something that feels like the product of years of research by some of the best engineering minds in the world, because that is really what it is. There’s little emotion here, but what it lacks in heart it makes up for in feeling like it was designed by military contractors to be the best sports car in the world.

Maesima’s MCQ V8 lies underneath, in a 4.4l configuration on this particular trim. It’s packing 496 naturally aspirated horses, which, with the 7 speed DCT and power being sent to the rear, makes it good for 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. The gearing feels suitably tight, and it has a very decent powerband. Responsive and pretty smooth for a V8, it’s a powerplant you cannot argue with. The noise is sure to please everyone though; the distinctive scream of a flat plane crank sounds phenomenal at redline.

Where the Sagitta really excels though is its suspension. Despite being almost completely analogue, it manages to offer great characteristics however you drive it. In town, it was composed and didn’t fidget over bumps and road imperfections. And then, on the mountain roads we blasted this thing on, it excelled. It handles gorgeously, with amazing composure and serious sharpness. It grips well and handles its fairly high 1.8 ton kerb weight nicely too. Even against the lighter cars in this competition, it has serious finesse.

And when you’re not driving hard, it’s supremely comfortable, and the amount of equipment you get really does sell it well. As far as this car’s work/play balance goes, it’s got it perfected in my view. I thus stand by my comments about this being the benchmark for sports coupes.

Pros:

• Very well equipped
  • Gorgeous handling

Cons:

• Lacks soul; too much of an engineering project to have emotion

Shromet Dragon (XLR) - £95040 at 90% Markup
What about the Americans then? Shromet’s Dragon is another car I’m familiar with, and indeed has been a staple of the GT scene for some time. This 672hp XLR trim is right at the reaches of the budget, but it’s by far and away the most powerful, and it’s not like we can ignore a car that’s this well established. And, unlike other Shromet’s, this one doesn’t have any damned push rods in sight.

The twin turbo LT55 5.5l V8 unit is gusty, and offers a real a snap of power when those turbos kick in. The engine favours the mid range more than anything else, and the gearing just about compliments that. Its 8 speed auto feels very laid back, with plenty of overdrive, though its still good for 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, despite weighing in at 2.2 tons.

It’s no surprise then that Shromet have opted for air suspension on the XLR. For a GT car, it feels totally appropriate, but doesn’t make it as comfortable as you’d expect, which was disappointing. The traditional smooth ride you typically get from air suspension was lacking; something just wasn’t right about the setup.

It’s even worse when you’re driving hard; the suspension doesn’t feel like it matches the weight balance enough. Worse still, it feels odd on the limit; oversteer when you’re getting near to it, and then the sway bars really come into effect and pull it back in again. Unpredictable, to say the least.

Still, the interior is a strong positive. The cabin is airy and it’s a proper 2+2 setup, with tons of equipment. Very well made too, certainly making it a nice place to be. Were you only looking at the interior, this would feel like a £95k car.

But the rest of it just doesn’t add up. It’s worsened by the styling, which, while fine at the fine, doesn’t match the sparse and flat rear end. Which is odd, because the previous model year I drove back in 2017 was a very nice looking machine.

It’s for that reason that I just can’t recommend it. On tough roads like these, the XLR trim doesn’t cut it. You’re much better off with lower down trim, and by the looks of things, a 2017MY one at that.

Pros:

• Decent and very powerful engine

Cons:

• Utterly perplexing suspension
  • Rear end is boring

Bonham Fleming Drophead (Straight Six) - £94430 at 90% markup
Ah, this needs no introduction. I have to make clear my biases here seeing as I’ve already confessed my love for the sensational V12 variant of the Fleming Drophead. This, however, is the turbo straight six version. It has 50% less cylinders and about 100 less horsepower, but it’s still a damn quick car, with 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. Much lighter and less dramatic than its bigger brother, yet just as fast on paper; hard to argue with that frankly.

Tasteful stats are benefited by the tasteful 3.0l turbo i6, with its likeable 3000 rpm spool up point and 504 hp to boot. It’s quiet at the low end, but it’s a real screamer near the top, as it comes within a hairswidth of a 9000 rpm redline.

And yet, despite all that power, this massive GT coupe will average 42 miles to the gallon. That’s seriously good for such a car, and very good against the competition. It won’t be all that cheap to run though; these high quality parts come with equally high maintenance and repair costs, though it’s hard to tell if that offsets how good that economy is.

On the road, it’s smooth and surprisingly tight. Understeer is kept in check despite the staggered wheel setup, though it’s hardly a maniac in the bends even with the traction control off. It’s far too sophisticated for that. But, being a GT car, it won’t offer the same excitement as rivals. Buy this car if you like fast straights and slow corners, it’s not made to be thrown about and doesn’t enjoy rough and tumble.

Then again, that rather minor negative is completely blown out of the way by the looks of this thing. Because honestly, I’m struggling to find ways to describe how pretty and well sculpted this machine is. Every detail is absolutely perfect; it manages to feel innovative and yet it’s still so understated. Having had time to mull over it, I honestly think that, without the roof on, the Drophead is better looking than the Coupe.

This was undoubtedly the best car in terms of cruising and laid back driving. It’s not exciting, it’s special. It’s that good friend you go to the pub with for a catchup over a few beers. They’re not one for getting pissed on one too many shots of whiskey, but that doesn’t matter - you still have a good time.

Pros:

• Outstanding styling
  • Superbly calm engine

Cons:

• Expensive to buy and expensive to maintain

Erin Scarlet (400X) - £70110 at 90% markup
The 2018MY Scarlet has seen some aesthetic reworking, dropping the blobby rear lights for more conventional looking ones and adding some extra body pieces around the front. It’s a smooth, aggresive looking machine, not as shouty as some of the cars here but also far from understated. Then again, there’s something else you notice here when looking at it: just how small it is.

So much so in fact that the Scarlet feels far more enclosed on the inside. You wouldn’t be able to get any more than 2 seats in here anyway. It’s not cramped by any means, but in comparison to the other interiors I’ve been in, it’s quite shift down.

Still though, smaller car means lower weight. At 1413kg, this is the featherweight of the group, and even though its down by about 30 hp on its rivals - coming in at 466 hp from its N/A 4.0l V8 - it’s just as fast.

What’s more, it has a manual gearbox, though not your conventional one. The 7 speed unit on this X trim model is certainly usable but it does feel like they’re really pushing how far they can go without opting for a DCT. Cue the usual comments about how a manual gearbox “makes it feel more involved to drive” etc etc here.

That said, the powerband is wide and very usable, and on the road, it gives you plenty of room to play. The small size really helps it to corner too; it was agile and nimble more than anything else. It’s also livelier than other cars here when it’s on the limit - not any sharper or more precise than rivals, but this thing does like to hang its tail out when you want it to. A more exciting drive, but also one that gives you less room for failure.

The whole car feels tight, complemented by that all-aluminum chassis/body which keeps the weight low. But, it also keeps comfort lower, and while the interior is nice, it hardly solves the issue of reduced comfort either.

Make no mistake, this is a very good car to drive. And, with an average of 34 mpg economy, that fairly low price and fairly decent running costs, it’s not going to be as much of a wallet drainer as some of the other cars. But, you’ll have to sacrifice comfort and practicality in return.

Pros:

• Superb, if lively, handling
  • Manual gearbox will please the enthusiast driver

Cons:

• Lacking in comfort
  • Smaller and hence less prestigious than rivals

Rennen Apophis (SBR34) - £70490 at 90% markup
The current gen Apophis is a little older than it’s rivals, but it doesn’t make it any less of a competitor. Another well established marque still standing strong, this SBR34 trim of the American company’s luxury coupe is a bit edgier than some other variants and a bit tougher than some of the more softer GT cars in this test.

And yet, despite the many stereotypes surrounding American cars, it fits in well on the Welsh roads. Certainly not oversized, nowhere as soft as the insults might suggest, and they even get a normal amount of power from its 4.2l turbo V8. Delivering 445 hp over a decent powerband, it’s a nice engine, but doesn’t give much to write home about.

Its power delivery however is better. The 7 speed DCT is tuned spot on and keeps the car in its 4000 to 7000 sweetspot. 0-60 in 4.5s makes it a bit slower, but then again, it’s not exactly a slouch.

And, despite the high levels of comfort, it’s not too weighty either, coming in at just under 1.8 tons. Sadly, the handling is a bit iffy. It’s so tight at the rear when you’re on the limit, probably to make it feel sharper. Yet, it doesn’t feel right; the dampers and shocks aren’t equally sharp enough, meaning it gives in too early. Were they a bit harder and that rear sway bar less intense, this could be a nice bridge between comfort and sports.

That said, at lower speeds, it happily rivals other GT cars in this test, but its noticeably cheaper too. That does come at a cost of a slightly less high end interior, but you still get that 2+2 experience, and it keeps the weight down in return.

The styling is a real plus though. Excusing the concept car circa-2003 white-on-red taillights, it’s a proper stunner. The side profile is purposeful, with the light catching the gentle bulges and ripples in its body work. The front owns it with those flared Rennen headlights, which give it a feminine elegance yet still hint at an underlying crispness. If only the car could carry itself like it carries its looks.

This is a tough one to judge; it doesn’t offer enough to make it stand out, and it doesn’t feel as good as it could be due to slightly off tuning. But then again, it’s that less intense feel that the Apophis offers that also makes it an interesting proposition. A £70k car that isn’t showy or shouty; there’s a case to be made there, somewhere. But for this test? Not really. We’re looking for the best, and while this might be a unique alternative, it’s not a winner either.

Pros:

• Lower priced GT car yet still comfortable
  • Great styling

Cons:

• Can’t seem to decide if its a slightly harder GT car or just a GT car

Cavallera Aliga (C trim) - £84740 at 90% markup
Perhaps then this, the recently facelifted Aliga, can find the middle ground between comfort and sport. Cavallera’s furious looking machine is easily the most striking of the lot. Hardly tasteful, but then again, the fact they’ve really gone all out is more admirable. It’s pure video game-meets-Hot Wheels teenage styling perfection.

As is its nihilistic, screaming V8 sound. The 4.0l 8M4 block is found under the bonnet, producing 500 hp and peaking at 9100 rpm. That makes it good for 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and a top speed of 200 mph, even with plenty of aero kit hugging it to the road.

And indeed, on the road, the grip is outstanding and you can push it so, so far. It feels incredibly capable here in the Brecon Beacons; I dare say it even feels at home here, though that would be an insult to the twisting Spanish mountain roads where this creation was birthed. The one thing that impressed us most though was just how sharp it was. And with no electric steering on this thing, you feel thoroughly part of the action.

Yet, it’s also so, so supple. It feels hard, but not rough hard, meaning you can drive it around town without having your spine broken into 40 pieces. They’ve even made room for a very well specced interior, albeit only with 2 seats, though that in turn of course saves weight. Not as practical then as others, but then again, this feels like it’s meant to lean more towards the enthusiast side of things anyway.

I’m finding it hard to fault this car. The gearing is stellar - snappy changes galore thanks to the decently close ratios, yet it still has enough room for a good powerband; the weight balance is brilliant, and the car feels controllable and predictable even when you’re absolutely thrashing it without the TCS on; it’s well equipped, and comfortable around town and when cruising.

The only downside I could really see was the fuel efficiency, which, at an average of just under 24 mpg, is noticeably down against the rivals. Plus, those looks aren’t going to be for everyone. However brilliantly mad they are, they’re still very, very shouty.

But aside from that? I think you’d be hard pressed to argue how good this car is. A seriously strong contender right here.

Pros:

• Sharp handling yet supple suspension
  • Lots of equipment without being too heavy

Cons:

• Inefficient compared to rivals

Maine Guayota (Liberator 7.2 GT) - £68210 at 90% Markup
Now, I should explain something. We have this guy called Mark in the office who is a sucker for American muscle cars, and once he found out about this debate, he insisted that we get the Maine Guayota thrown in for good measure.

And to be honest, it’s not hard to be compelled by the argument: same performance as its European and Asian rivals, same levels of reliability (Maine have left their 70s tripe build quality days far behind them) and a lower price.

And this isn’t some Civil War era relic; the latest generation Guayota has proper, modern suspension, electric steering and an aluminium body. It means its 1.7 ton kerb weight is bang in the middle of the range in this test, instead of weighing just slightly less than the moon as some stereotypes might suggest.

The elephant in the room is that pushrod V8 engine; that’s where the Civil War history knowledge will come in handy. Still though, it’s the latest in their long line of Starbanner units, displacing 7.2L and knocking out 498 hp. So, same sort of power output as its rivals, yet you get that thwarty growl unique to American muscle cars. Sound good so far?

Well it gets better. The power delivery is buttery smooth, and not just because of its 7 speed double clutch transmission; the torque band is gentle but still manages to reach those high spots, and gives you plenty of kick in the upper-mid range.0-60 in 4.2 seconds is bang on the mark too.

Better still, it can corner too. It’s not as refined as some of the other cars here, and it did feel a little messy at times - taut at the limit, but bouncy at lower speeds - yet it didn’t stop it feeling great on these roads. Body roll is kept in check and it feels balanced too.

But they clearly haven’t mastered it entirely; it’s not a comfortable machine by any standards, and the very sports-focused interior didn’t help that. And for me, that not-quite-perfect suspension needs to be better to justify the lower comfort. It’s just not as engaging as I want it to be.

It’s much the same story with the styling; maybe it’s because I’m not American, but it’s just too plain for its own good. The rear in particular feels very bland, and the result is that those two fat exhausts just look out of place against the parking-lot-standard tail lights.

The lower price makes it worth a look, but it simply isn’t as refined or as nice to drive as its rivals.

Pros:

• Superb power delivery
  • The price

Cons:

• Plain styling
  • Too uncomfortable and not sharp enough

Mountrouge Claymore (GTS) - £89680 at 90% markup
A big French coupe. Like that one band you like who aren’t particularly famous nor that amazing but that’ll you’ll always buy their new album that they release every few years, Mountrouge’s Claymore is the slightly left of field choice here. Naturally, being French, it has to be ‘stylish’, though that hasn’t worked around the front where the huge headlights look way too overworked. At least the rear makes up for it by being oddly quirky.

The Claymore’s body may be soft and those design lines may be more gracious than edgy, but underneath, this is a sports car, no doubt. Not an out-and-out one by any means, but a deceptively well composed one at that.

Instead of the usual V8, what you get is a turbocharged 3.4l V6 producing 571 hp, with a big ol’ spool up time and a distinctly different noise to the other engines we’ve seen so far. It’s good for 0-60 in 4.0 seconds dead, though you do have to watch out for those turbosl; they pack a punch for sure.

The massive tires, however, keep it composed on the road and give it plenty of grip, plus they’ve done a good job at masking the immense road noise such width brings. A car that is jaunty on the acceleration, yet still grippy. That’s a fair achievement in my books.

Plus, all active suspension; it’s the only car here to have it fitted, and it makes a difference. The car feels more advanced, less of a drivers machine and more of a jack-of-all-trades. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being superbly agile in the corners and very responsive. It feels light on its toes and unconstrained, without being soft or sloppy.

The interior is suitably luxurious as you’d expect, though its smaller than other cars. You feel more cosy when behind the wheel. The other benefit of small interior is a long, sweeping bonnet, which stretches out in front of you like a the bow of a yacht. The overcast skies of Wales don’t suit this car, it needs a cliff-hugging road along the coast around Marseille to feel properly at home.

For all of the qualms I have with its styling, there’s no doubt that the Claymore can deliver when you push it. It feels gracious and bold, but not big, as such. It’s too odd to be exciting, but as an all rounder, it is strong car. Were a soft top on offer, I’d definitely be interested.

Aesthetically, it’s hard to like. But even a few minutes driving this thing, and you’ll quickly be able to see yourself owning it for years to come.

Pros:

• Satisfying and rewarding drive
  • It can seriously corner when it wants to

Cons:

• Front end styling just doesn’t work

Conclusions

We gather at the Red Cow Inn in Pontisticill, just north of Merthyr Tyfdil. Rumour has it they do an astoundingly good steak and ale pie, just what we need after being up in the beacons during late winter. It’s time to settle this once and for all, and come to a conclusion.

That, of course, isn’t going to be easy. And like we said before, this is almost entirely subjective. So then, in reverse order…

The one to not buy: the Shromet Dragon XLR
The XLR trim is too expensive for its own good, and just doesn’t offer enough to be worth your time. The engine is its best aspect, but aside from that, it can’t compete with the competition. We still can’t get our heads around that suspension, and even with the spacious interior, it’s not a car we could live with by any means. Buy one of the lower-end trims instead.

The budget option: the Maine Guayota Liberator 7.2 GT
Cheapness can have its benefits. Yes, this is not the most refined car here, but that engine noise is still worth something. Plus, all the components are there for it to be a great car, they just haven’t been set up well enough. Give it to a tuning company and they might be able to solve such issues, but for this test, it doesn’t stand up to the competition well enough; other cars here offer much better experiences straight off the bat.

The one to get if you’re not gonna drive fast: the Rennen Apophis SBR34
An odd argument for this car arises; it’s the one to buy if you’re more of a cruiser and someone who likes leisurely sunday drives, as opposed to B-road blasts and track days. Excusing those ugly rear lights, it’s a good looking machine, and feels relaxed to drive. But on the limit, it doesn’t feel comfortable with itself. We got the most out of this car driving around town and on straight, smooth roads. For that, it deserves merit, but it’s not enough to be the best.

The hipster choice: the Mountrouge Claymore GTS
Nope. No matter how you frame that front end, it is not a pretty looking thing. But then again, if you’re driving this - as you should be if you were to own it - you won’t have to look at the front anyway. This was the biggest surprise for us; the Claymore is sharp yet comfortable, powerful yet unfrantic and so satisfying to drive. If the styling was more composed, I dare say it would have won us over entirely.

The purists choice: the Erin Scarlet 400X
A 7 speed manual is hardly conventional, but it’s a manual nonetheless. For pure driving thrill, the Scarlet offered the most down to earth experience and certainly offered the most challenge to drive. But, it’s pipped by rivals who can offer the full, everyday driver’s package. It’s hardly a weekend-only toy, but then again, you have to make sacrifices to own it too; sacrifices you don’t have to make with other cars.

The one you ought to buy if you can afford it: the Bonham Fleming Drophead Straight Six
I thought we’d be here spending most of our time comparing this to the V12 variant of this glorious machine, and yet its lighter Straight Six brother really has delivered. Its high costs are the main weakness here, but to even remotely suggest that you wouldn’t be absolutely satisfied owning one of these is frankly criminal. This is an astonishingly good car.

The most logical choice: the Sachiuri Sagitta Prestige 4.4
This is, without a doubt, the best all rounder in all aspects. Price, performance, equipment, styling and driving. It is without soul or heart, but it is an engineering, technical marvel, and driving it here in Wales has only cemented its position for us as the sportscar yardstick of today.

And now, at long last, our winner:

The one that ticks all of our boxes: the Cavallera Aliga C
The looks and low fuel economy will be a deal breaker for some. But, at the end of the day, this car did everything we asked of it with brilliance, and has left an endearing mark on us. Cavallera have delivered wholly with the Aliga; stunning to drive, a gorgeous soundtrack, near perfect suspension and a car you could comfortably use everyday (so long as you can afford the fuel). It impressed right from the moment we first brought that 8M4 engine into life, and left us revelling every time we got out of it. Competent and easy when you need it to be, breathtaking and exciting when you want it to be; the Aliga is the best two door performance coupe you can buy for no more than around £90k.

- Gavin Anderson

Thank you to @Rk38, @Leonardo9613, @titleguy1, @EnryGT5, @ramthecowy, @Mr.Computah and @DoctorNarfy for lending me the cars. Expect more of these in the future.

19 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to make this awesome comparo become true. Simply great, a list with all the options and their pros and cons, just like it should be. Looking forward to the next one :grin:

9 Likes

I’d like to join Alberto in extending my genuine gratitude for these reviews. And of course, a huge shoutout to all the others who participating who I can only say made some properly image cars to say the least. I know for sure if I were reviewing it would be a really tricky time choosing a winner :sweat_smile:. Of course I’m happy to “win” but looking at the level of styling and engineering and lore and variety and reviewing we’ve come to… the winner is really all of us. The review style translated rather well into a forum-friendly format so it was a great read. I’m really glad to know all of you and in all honesty, my car wouldn’t have been half as good if it weren’t for the challenge of making something cool. So huge thanks to everyone involved and thanks again! :grin:

10 Likes

Ahh, I guess the Apophis is beginning to show it’s age… Good thing we have an announcement for later this year.

Anyways, great job @DeusExMackia and all the participants; we had some really, really strong entries, and the reviews were very in-depth and succinct and didn’t allow the reader to bore themselves. Brilliant pieces of writing, if I say so myself.

10 Likes

What a test. I have no choice but to agree with all of your verdicts. You just made me wish I had an Aliga C in my garage - it was just too good!

I didn’t have the time to send you my CSR60 entry, though, if only out of curiosity - being a large, powerful rear-drive coupe, it would have fit right in. Maybe if I submit one of its trims later, it could get a standalone review.

As a side note, I reckon the Dragon could be improved by reverting to the pre-facelift exterior, and swapping the air suspension for a set of well-tuned steel springs, among other things.

I need to properly start any of my companies in UE4, or I’ll miss more things like this :frowning:

@ramthecowy Congrats on the win (and the best looking car overall IMO) :slight_smile: And to everyone else too, as all the cars are interesting in their own way, even if some less than the others. I’d like to add some personal picks, if I may:
@Rk38 for the most modern-techy-awesome looking car of the lot,
@DeusExMackia for the pure and light approach to a sport/GT car (and, being at you, for really professionally feeling reviews),
@EnryGT5 for a fine cruiser with the soul of a true GT and the best looking rear end.

7 Likes

Wow, this was great! Really felt like reading or watching one of those big EVO style car comparisons. The reviews and writing were top notch.

The competition was immense but I’m glad the Sagitta didn’t seem to put a foot wrong…but perhaps some new higher grade trims coming will help add some heart :wink:

Congrats to @ramthecowy for the overall win, that is one sexy design!

9 Likes

Gavin’s first roadtests from Geneva 2018 are up, driving the updated Zenshi Grandea GTS and the new AL Semita. Scroll to the bottom to read.

13 Likes

Another round of test drives from Geneva 2018; this time, the much talked about Montes Roadster gets a test drive, as well as the Cornaldier Sprinter and the Caliban Thunder.

16 Likes

Four more fresh test drives of the latest cars concludes coverage of this year’s Geneva International Motor Show.

12 Likes

Gavin goes for a drive in the newest creation from Korean make Kishiwo.

5 Likes

Review: Erin Tauga Enso Edition

“The motoring version of the gym freak”

Cheers to @ramthecowy for tuning this beast!

16 Likes

Insane, and I like it.

1 Like

Excellent review, and car.

I know this is probably a dumb question, but how do i get my car reviewed here?