Sports/Supercar Design Thread

Nomination for the award:

1. As a cool supercar. 130/100
  2. Sporty and dynamic. 140/100
  3. Solid and beautiful. 168/100
  4. Sophisticated and well thought out. 140/100
  5. Luxurious, prestigious and refined and important to connoisseurs. 380/100.
  6. Having a creative name. 110/100.
    From my side, I think it’s a super-perfect model.
2 Likes

Pretty high praise.
Also 7:19 at the Nurburgring. Will upload that video soon to my thread. :slight_smile:

Finally made something with a V12 (or have begun to at least)

6 Likes

Of course, that was also the basic award, I just didn’t want to recall that track unnecessarily, and that you are the best pilot on the Automation forums. I already believe you, as I know the numbers are not that far away, and this is not the first time you’ve ridden there. I also wanted to let you know that I learned how to make routes for bots in BeamNG, and if you find a map where you would like to ride with bots, you can let me know, maybe I can lay out a route for them. So far I’ve learned the skills with my favorite GP Strecke as an example, but I would be interested in a ready-made map of a big city where I could stack routes.

2 Likes

Something like Bugatti. Like the prototype presented, it likes to crash into everything.

3 Likes

delete

A 50s Japanese roadster is a sports car right?

6 Likes

3D Hill.

Nothing remarkable, just a nice car. OK, OK, in my opinion. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
3D_Hill_3_-_3D_Hill_3.car (28.2 KB)

2 Likes

is it just me or there is a diffuser at the front

y e s

2022 RWD CRBN XCARLET

Just in recent times I made a comeback releasing a new car. Hope you don’t mind if I leave a link here to the thread for more details.

2 Likes

2020 italian open top, straight six, rear drive, manual and all fun.

19 Likes

The Zenith Treatment

The C6 got Zenith treatment in 2020, when Nuvatec finally decided to take the C6 R and its aging platform and extract every last bit of straight line performance from it-without modifying the engine. However their efforts were noble and they did manage to get 257mph out of it. That’s the Zenith ZR for you

8 Likes

:zap:SPRK V10TT

1060HP 864lb-ft 200Mph Top Speed
AWD Hybrid 85R/15F Power Distribution
Active Aero with Braking application
Started as Aston Martin Valkyrie Competitor and ended as test of my imagination.

10 Likes

Lexington Zion, a sport compact in a world where SUVs rule.

5 Likes

One of the crowning glories for Etherea. The Etherea Gryphon. Its no secret the body shape is doing most of the heavy lifting here. But what might be more interesting is the specs:

2.5 seconds 0-100kph, top speed above 300kph.
Corners at 1.25g
No race parts, 95 octane
Predictable torque curve
+5 Quality Max (it ended up costing just shy of 400,000)

And best of all: 1:10.53 around the airfield test track. Those that follow Top Gear may know the significance of this time. It beats out the Caparo T1 which is the fastest “street legal” (but kinda binned) car to ever come on track.

And here’s the kicker. 6 liters per 100km. Etherea is known to produce remarkable engine efficiencies but this one takes the crown because of how fast it is for the efficiency. This car literally laughs at the face of some econoboxes around here.

3 Likes

SAARLAND 1400 SPORT

The Saarland 1400 Sport was introduced in 1969, as a cheap sports coupé based on mechanics from the Saarland Adjunkt. That means that despite the sporty appearance, you only found a 1.4 litre inline four and front wheel drive under the sleek bodyshell.

Now, that was by no means as bad as it sounds. A low weight meant that it still was capable of a top speed of 157 km/h and could accelerate to 100 in 11.7 seconds. Far from sports car performance but still not painfully slow for the era. The engine was lifted from the RS (“RennSport”) model of the Saarland Adjunkt, which meant higher compression, a hotter camshaft, tubular manifold, and a two barrel carb on a performance intake, resulting in a 72 hp power output.

Even if it was lacking in performance, the driving dynamics weren’t all that bad for a 60s FWD car, but it was still clear that this car was more about looking sporty than actually being sporty.

The sales were kind of slow in its short lifespan, people were simply not asking for a slow FWD “sports” car, that was cramped and impractical, at a not too bargain-like price point of $12600 AMU. Also, the Aerocoupé version of the Saarland Alpin, released in 1970, gave the 1400 Sport some challenging internal competition. RWD, more practical with its 4 seater configuration and with larger engines available, it was clear that an Adjunkt based sports car was not the way to go.

The 1400 Sport was dropped after the 1972 model year with no direct successor, even if the 2200 Sport (released in 2000) was kind of a nod to the 1400 Sport. As a mid engined roadster, however, it was based on a completely different concept.

5 Likes

Wells Raven HP

3 Likes

C12 Series Photo Gallery:

9 Likes

2021 Stuttgart SP550

7 Likes