Sports Truck Comp

TGR Industries
1992 Santi MC
The Santi MC is a sporty 4x4 pickup meant to blend utility, practicality, and fun.
A 350ci pushrod V8 powers the Santi MC, making just shy of 270HP.
The 8PG-350 from TGR industries in an all-iron block and head setup,
with multi-point fuel injection, forged internals, and a big a** exhaust pipe.
The automatic 4-speed gearbox will propel the vehicle to 60 mph from a dead stop in less than 7 seconds. Our rugged 4x4 gearbox is spinning 17" wheels on sport tires, suspended by coilovers in the front, and a leaf spring rear. Manual locking diffs at the front and rear will help you run this rugged truck up the mountain when you need it, and down the straights when you don't.
Photos
3 Likes

Zephorus Tornado
V6 Turbo, 4WD and electronically limited to 155. A real sports car.

7 Likes

Dude.
That first picture is artistic perfection.
The color scheme and composition are just magnifique.
Same with the second, stunning color grading. Stellar entry.

3 Likes

ATTENTION ALL FORUM USERS: TIDDIES

…ahem…

Now that I have your attention, there’s just a few more days until Christmas Eve, and the closure of submissions for this comp. Currently I have submissions from:

@abg7
@mart1n2005
@Riley
@Snarklz

And I have an ad but currently no file from:

@DuceTheTruth100

Also, if anyone is concerned about the beta updates for the game affecting their entries feel free to resubmit using the same DM thread. I will use the most recently submitted file.

5 Likes

1992 Mara Bizon 5.0 AMM

speedrun

Despite their first main job after the fall of the Closed Curtain being something else entirely, Mara’s fledgling performance division AMM still found time to develop their first factory-orderable special trims of existing Mara models.

In this case, it involved stuffing the old Interceptor 5.0 OHV V8 into the LWB Bizon and giving it (and the suspension) a good tune.

The paintjob is reminiscent of the Mayster (now renamed AMM) racecars of the 1960s and 1970s.

4 Likes

What presets do you use to get that look? That’s amazing

1992 Dragad Goonie LS Blackout Edition

You shouldn’t be walking alone this time of night

The 90s was when Dragad started to apply their legendary LS performance moniker to more than just the GX2 sports car, San Antonio personal luxury car, and Menace pony car. The Goonie midsized/compact truck was one of the first to get it, and boy was it an introduction. Dragad took the 4.4L pushrod I6 from the standard Goonie, de-stroked it to 3.9L, and then fitted a massive turbo and stronger internals to produce over 300hp. All this was routed through viscous LSD-AWD and sport tires that rocketed this moster of a pickup to 60 in just under 5 seconds to a top speed of over 150. This one was optioned with the rare Blackout package, which swaps the very early 90s paint-scheme for a more menacing look, and the rarer 5-speed manual transmission.

Gallery

5 Likes

1992 Fowler Lumberjack 360 Sport

It’s old and boxy. This is fine, as it isn’t an effeminate blob sedan.
It’s also right-sized - nimble but spacious, with over 3500 ibs of load capacity.

Yes, it’s got a V8 like a real truck. All 360 cubic inches of 320 quietly burbling horses. Full time AWD to let them run free at all times. 40/60 split for great 360s on slippery surfaces.

Fuel economy? Yes, it’s great for the fuel economy. For §18.300, you too can support American workers.
True grit premium features include adult sized cup holders, expensive sheep wool seats, dual armrests and air conditioning to help you stay Cool.

Update!
RECALL ISSUE
VINs possibly affected: (WIFAFOTLJ8X924)404000-404500
Due to an incident at one of our facilities January 26, your vehicle may be missing important safety equipment.
If you suspect your truck is missing one or more “windscreen wipers”, as demonstrated below, please contact your dealer. Any owner affected is entitled to a free upgrade to factory spec, and a 12 month supply of wiper blades.

5 Likes

It’s been a little longer than I orignially stated, but it is now past the 24th so entrants for this competition are now closed. As of now I have additional entries from:

@AndiD
@Ludvig
@Restomod

Thank you for all that have entered my little comp here, I’ll try to have the results out before the end of the year.

3 Likes

Take your time

2 Likes

You got mine right?

2 Likes

Yep, I got yours. I didn’t tag you in the second one since I tagged you in the first announcement.

2 Likes

Alright, apologies for no results sooner. Life, uhh… got in the way.

Eight entries, all looking nice and swish here in the photo room. Let’s take a closer look.

@abg7 - SVM Antelope ST8

Very drivable, and very sporty, but at the price of not being as useful for hauling nor as comfortable. Also yellow. Very yellow

@AndiD - Mara Bizon 5.0 AMM

It’s a Mara

Rugged and comfy, it also is one of the cheaper trucks available here. Not as sporty as the other but it still is an appealing option nonetheless.

@DuceTheTruth100 - Wells REAPER

As red as a Ferrari, but not quite the same sporting capabilities as one in spite of it’s price. But is a solid mid-pack performance however.

@Ludvig - Fowler Lumberjack 360 Sport

Very comfy, very rugged and quite good for the cargo, but a handful to drive and painful to wear if you get it wrong. But is perfect if you want that wing-on-cab look.

@mart1n2005 - Valiant T-50 Tornado

The best bang-for-buck truck in this list, and is not too hard on the back either for longer stints of driving to boot (or lack thereof). Is also a classy hwhite on hwhite affair.

@Restomod - Dragad Goonie LS 3.9 5MT Blackout

The Black Ghost in truck form! Hauls ass and things like no other, but at the cost of your wallet’s health each time it needs to get serviced. But you wouldn’t want to run against this…

@Riley - Zephorus Tornado

A literal poster car for Sports Trucks, this stunner also stuns with being quite safe in case of any unfortunate cases of people having too much hubris behind the wheel…

@Snarklz - Santi MC

Another rugged truck here, and also fairly comfortable and good for carrying cargo. But it does manage to be one of the thirstiest trucks here.

After some deliberation, and plenty of looking over each of the entries, my personal choice for the winner for this fun minor comp is…

@Restomod !!

They were all very good trucks, but the Goonie was mean and fit the part well both ascetically and performance wise in my own mind.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I am happy this comp did get as much attention and interest as it did and I would like to thank all those who participated and those who came to gawk at the thread. I wasn’t expecting as strong of a reception with all the other comps happening. I hope everyone had fun making something that may not be the usual sort of cars in game and that people like each others creations.

And with that, have fun and don’t die

10 Likes

Wow! Thats my forst win, I think. Thanks for a good challenge.

3 Likes

Congratulations on a good win!!

1 Like

Edit: obsolete.

2 Likes