National Security is highly important these days. The Military Industrial Complex must continue to churn, for without this, what is there to fund? What is needed now, more than ever before, is an evolution. The concept we are looking for is not new, it is not a revolutionary concept. We are looking for a “light” vehicle, armoured, mine resistant, weapons capable. A core part of troop movements and key for scouting. There is always new things to include, and new ways to evolve. You and your companies, they are the ones who will bring forth development.
A specific vehicle is being looked for, and in true military style, a single one will be awarded the contract for trial and deployment. JLTV – Joint Light Tactical Vehicle – is the specification we are looking upon here. A new backbone of development, something we can use in any situation and any scenario.
- Model and Engine years to be between 2015 and 2020 inclusive.
- A maximum of 40 techpool points may be used, though no single area may be less than +3
- 6 or more cylinders required
- Magnesium Blocks banned
- Three-way catalytic converter required
- Two Mufflers required
- Ethanol E10 or Regular Unleaded Fuel only
- Injection Only
- A maximum of 61 techpool points may be used, though no single area may be less than +3
- Excluding Safety, which must be 15
- Automatic or Adv. Automatic only
- Chunky Offroad Radial only
- Steel Rim Material only
- No drum brakes
- Offroad skid tray required
- 5 seats in a 2/3 layout required
- No +2 or +3 seats allowed.
- Safety must be Advanced 20s with +10 quality
- Weight Optimization must be 0
- When designing these machines, Function should always come before form. JLTVs are never that pretty. Think about things like clearances, storage, armour, and visibility.
- A gun/weapons platform is recommended but not actually a requirement, though a visible mounting point may be enough.
- Do not make an interior. I do not care if you have one, I will blank the windows out and never look at it. Save yourself the effort and put that time into the exterior.
- When deciding on a company to make this vehicle, try and avoid out-and-out civilian/regular automotive manufacturers. I would highly recommend making up either a Heavy Duty vehicle company, or a specific military contracting company.
- The initial budget for this project is $1,000,000 for production. Scoring for this catergory will be based on how many of your vehciles we can purchase for that million
- This is a vehicle made for military operation and use, going anywhere is a must for this machine.
- It is going to be in rough conditions often, something that doesn’t break down is a must.
- Service Costs
- if it does break, it needs to not hurt the bottom line.
- This thing shouldn’t require specialised training to operate.
- Fuel Economy
- It won’t be good, but try and make it as good as you can.
- It’s gonna be high no matter what, this is just going to serve more as an effective tiebreak
- This one is a wonky one, so it won’t be too much a factor when it comes to judgement.
- Another semi-tiebreak statistic, speed is a nice thing to have, but it won’t dealbreak a project.
BAE Systems Valanx JLTV
General Tactical Vehicles JLTV
Lockheed Martin JLTV
AM General BRV-O JLTV
- Model & Engine Family
- SOD2 - [Username]
- Trim & Engine Variant
- June Ninth, 2023. 23:59:59 UTC+12
- Countdown to Deadline
- Direct Messaged via Forum PM ONLY
-13/05/23: Clarified Cylinder Count Rule.
-14/05/23: Clarified Muffler Rule.
-15/05/23: Clarified Seating Rule.
-16/05/23: Deadline Added, Entries Officially Opened.