Survival of the Fittest 1983 [Finals posted][Complete]

This time i’ll attempt proper fuel efficiency, with a (remake and update) of the ECV Angel.

tbh the $35000 limit seems really high, I have +5 tires +15 aero +15 transmission +15 fixtures and I’m still only at $20000…

all in favour of dropping the budget to 20k?

1 Like

Honestly I’d go for less than that, more like $10000 or $15000. My first build with no quality sliders was around $5000. And besides the tires the rest of the quality dropped my lap time by a few tenths of a second lol.

edit: or just go with $30000 or $35000 estimated price.

I’d go around 7.5-10k total cost, as older cars are generally quite a bit cheaper than the modern stuff.

If nobody objects to 10k total cost overnight, I’ll change it to 10k

I also have posted all the stages. If somebody isn’t happy about it now is time to speak.

I like the looks of it. Not sure what I’d enter at this point, but I can somewhat see a basic plan forming in the back of my mind. At 10k, I know I can build something keeping to my core values, and thereby should be able to design something… Interesting.

Actually, I can somewhat see a design coming to mind already, and I get the feeling this is going to be fun. If I can match the stats, or improve on them… It just might work. Pre-calculations show it’ll make the fuel efficiency easily enough, especially if I can find a little more off-road in it… Might already have a car design to work from as inspiration.

A mysterious english team has announce that they will enter with their own “perfectly street legal vehicule”

A pic of the mysterious team

3 Likes

Does offroad reduce damage on all stages? Only gravel stages? Gravel+asphalt? Does that include stage 1?

i’m a bit confused by this.

by that do you mean
20%-offroad stats = something like 5% or 2%? what if someone managed to get above 20 offroad stats?

or do you mean, the total range is calculated first, including the 20% consumption increase, and only then it’s reduced by (offroad stats)%?

Stages looks good to me.

Until when can you submit your car?

Well since ANZ is about to die I think I may be in with a chance of this[quote=“lordvader1, post:13, topic:16212, full:true”]
suggestion !we need a bad luck personsomeone who will break down for no reason
[/quote]

So don’t worry vader I got you covered

The second option is the correct one, I’ll make it clearer

Also - the deadline isn’t set, as well as the rules, stages, car reglament or the entries being open. DONT SEND CARS IN YET.

rally/offraoad stages are just 1 and 5 right? those mixed asphalt+gravel stages won’t be affected by offroad

just to be clear fuel usage is only effected in stage 1? Other than that no questions…Awesome Challenge

perfect song for this challenge

How about this one?

:sweat_smile:

how about something more era correct? this song was released in 1982