Survival of the Fittest 1983 [Finals posted][Complete]

I actually considered using FF though I could only fit in a 1.2

in the spirit of self-regulation, use smaller tyres :wink:

er… pretty much…

Noted about the tire size. Sadly we got too many entries to change rules now. HAPPILY thouht, I do not think anybody has actually went wider than 300mm. At least not by much.

In any case, I always need feedback on challenge mechanics and maths and rule forming, so the next challenge is better.
Anyways, I will be processing the next batch of entries tonight, after I get back from the car meet.

2 Likes

Now I’m jealous… I have text tomorrow, so no car meets :cry:

Bah, those things are on every week, 3 times a week. There isn’t much new there. The GOOD ones are annual

1 Like

Okay. I guess then in the spirit of self regulation I will also impose on myself a limit of 325mm.

Sounds fair?

im running 265 :slight_smile:

i’m running like 195mm,i guess that’s how you can tell you messed up somewhere lol

That will put you on par with me since i am running 325 in the front and 315 rear.

How are you getting those widths? For some reason the variant I’m testing now doesn’t allow more than 285 in the rear. Weird.

EDIT: nevermind, discovered there’s a discrepancy in max wheel widths between the variants! That may warrant some reporting, actually.

1 Like

For what I see it depends on the body that you choose, but if you customize that body enlarging the fenders, you can put larger tires, depending on the body and the year.

Right. Entry submitted. I wistfully hoped to improve night-time drivability by having a massive array of headlights. It ain’t pretty, but maybe it’ll be effective!

p.s. if you thought 400bhp was going to make some people realise just how wrong they got it, just wait 'til you see what I put under the hood…

i wanted to play something else until i see this while waiting for load time. now im interested in challenging that. or the exact opposite.

edit: until i realised i’m running 245 tires. bye bye then

Heh heh. I have a feeling my car is going to be very similar to strop’s…

I’m comfortable with mine. May not be the most powerful, or exactly the most durable, or the fastest, but I think it’s got everything it needs in the right places.

1 Like

you might be quicker than me around the corners, but i got a V12 Turbo :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: now that i already submitted my car i got to think about the choices i made: if i put on more appropriate tyres i would win a second or so on the ATT. however, i would dump some more money, decrease my offroad stat, increase fuel consumption, and lose 1 point in drivability. i got some spare fuel but i am actually not sure it would be worth it.

I’m just like you @Madrias, my can isn’t the most powerful, nor durable or economic, but I think it can do really good on general.

In for the lulz, Witness ME!

7 Likes

V12 turbo is a great thing, the curves you can get out and the power. Tuned right it can also deliver superior economy. But it’s expensive, any degree of boost will destroy your drivability, and also vastly increase the ventilation requirements. My car already had the aerodynamic profile of a brick LOL so when I tried turbo it was simply futile on all counts.

1 Like