The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

Due to difficulties, I’m afriad have to pass AGC5 to someone else.

calm down dude, you’re like those characters in the cartoons that like to chime in on everything the main characters argue about but add precisely nothing new or useful to the thread :joy:

10 Likes

Mate did you really have to say this, like seriously now have some respect that he actually revised the rules. How about you create the fucking ruleset

if its definitely passed i might be able to come up with an idea, it wouldn’t involve any beam though as i’m no good at driving in that. i will have a think of something if thats alright

edit

after discussions ill pass this on as @racer126 seems to have some ideas

3 Likes

i’ll accept!

now i gotta wait to get to my computer to figure out the rule set

6 Likes

Late Night Group 5 Tread Killers Edition

i got to my computer! enjoy this crappy redition of midnight club 3 cover box
So your baby´s boy, huh. The one he says he is in to cars, cool. So whatcho into holmes? I only got the best cars. Something fast from the import tuner scene, truck, or maybe something classic, or if you got the feria ese something luxury, ´cause here at 619s we got it all, all in the market stuff, body work and under the hood. Make it fast and make it beutiful.

The year is 2019, your goal is to make soup a car like in the early 2000s, with 20-inch rims and all.

yeeeeees something like these

Regulations and rules

You will be submitting TWO cars, one stock and another ¨tuned up¨ both follow the same limits
  • No restrictions for Model years.

• No restrictions for choice of car body apart from this following rule

• STOCK CARS must have seating for at least 4, +2 and +3 count!

• All TUNED CARS must have rim diameter over 20 inches, 1 bonus point for each inch over 20

• All TUNED CARS must set trim year to 2019

• All TUNED CARS engine variants must also be set in 2019

• Quality points max 5/-5 for both cars and engines and every slider

• Race Parts and Tires not allowed

• No restriction on cats and noise

• Lips and Wings allowed

• Engine Swaps allowed

• Engine PU limit: 85 for both engines

• Engine ET limit: 195 for both engines

• Trim PU limit: 155 for both cars

• Trim ET limit: 160 for both cars

• Tires should not be blown due to being overloaded

Judging

Soo this is how it will go, Keep in mind the Tuned car will be the one that is most looked at and driven

• Styling and Appeal: 40%
    how attractive and loaded I find the cars
  • Engineering realism: 10%
    how believable engineered is the stock car
  • Peformance upgrades: 20%
    how tuned up it is compared to the stock car
  • How the tuned car drives in Beam with a gamepad: 10%
    how I feel the car
  • How fast does it go around the city tracks in the tuned car with a gamepad: 20%
    how fast I can chuck the car around

Recommendations

to visit the Treadkillers Tuning House page :wink:

http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/treadkillers-tuning-house/27415

• Cars with bigger rims, like donks, SUVs and trucks will earn more bonus points, however they may suffer perfomance wise for having huge shoes, leading to a sorta risk and reward sorta thing.
  • Optimally you´ll wanna aim for high horsepower ranges, this will raise the appeal of the car, while not sacrificing controllability, which will lower the driving in Beam score.
  • In most cases simpler older cars will have more room within the trim limits to gain appeal in the design aspect, while modern cars well tend to drive better, while in theory having less room in the trim limits to not be as wild.
  • Keep in mind while yes we are dealing with land barges capable of being fitted with 24 inch rims and be basically a monster truck, the normal production cars should still be as believable as possible for its respected decade.
  • Older vehicles gain a “Classic ride” multiplier, on their design score, by each decade older than 2019 the higher the multiplier
  • The Automation stats like prestige, reliability, sportyness, and such will be ignored
  • Also keep in mind I will be driving these cars with a Xbox Controller in Beam
    they’ll be driven around a couple of laps in West Coast’s City Tracks 1 and 2. and Italy’s Highway for a bit of a bonus around Liberty City, to see how they go over curbs.

Submission

As previously stated you will send me 2 cars
  • the production ¨stock¨ car
  • the tuned up souped up sitting in 20 inch chrome rims car

Named as the such

• Stock car:
    Model: AGC5 - [username] ; Trim: Car’s name
    Family: AGC 5 - [username] ; Variant: Engine’s name
  • Tuned car
    Model: AGC5 - [username] ; Trim: must have DUB Edition or something to distinguish it
    Family: AGC 5 - [username] ; Variant: Engine’s name

Submissions will OPEN on Monday 7th 08:00 AM, CDT (GMT-5) unless something is unclear
Submissions will CLOSE on Tuesday 15th 8:00 AM CDT (GMT-5) unless something happens.

Soo let me know what you think, anything unclear or flawed please let me know. also visit the TreadKillers Tuning House page

GOOD LUCK

14 Likes

Damn this is actually pretty dang inventive. My only concerns relate to the year and the scoring system. This is clearly a mid 2000s themed round, yet the year goes all the way to 2019. That’s not necessarily problematic, but the large emphasis on how the car drives in Beam does raise a few eyebrows. If it were me, I’d limit the new cars to, say, 2006 or so, as well as make it so that somehow older cars are more competitively viable as well, if that is what you’re going for. I’ll be making something either way!

3 Likes

i was kinda hoping in the case with newer cars you’ll end up using less quality points because of higher engineering times compared to simpler older cars which can benefit from quality points and have much more room for quality

will look into it

@DoctorNarfy

how about this

the trim variant of every tuned car must be set to 2019

or for each decade older than 2019 you gain bonus points

That’s fair if that’s what you want but you could also slide the balance a little more in the style favor, so if somebody manages to make an old car look cool it would receive a higher priority instead of just being higher placement by default?

changes to the description soo far

• Tuned Cars Trim and Variants must be set to the year 2019

• Clarified to what the limits applied to

• Engines swaps are allowed

• No race parts or tires

• No regs on cats and noise

• You are allowed wings and lips.

• Tires should not be blown due to overload

• In an effort to make older cars viable, Design gains more priority in judging

• Recommendations also clarified a bit

• Also stated which tracks I would be joy riding on

Any futher concerns I would be glad to sort out.

3 Likes

Is this an overall limit (i.e. for the entire variant/trim) or does this apply to each individual slider?

for every slider in existence for both cars and engines.

Are these tuned for pure racing? If so, are we allowed slicks, and aero part in excess or is it just sportstires and one wing?

And do we have any regulations on cats and loudness?

Ah, i totally forgot about that
Yes, no race parts and tires, but you are allowed a wing and lips

There is no regulation on cats and noise

Submissions are now oopen!

*final last minute rule change, older cars gain a multiplier on their design score, the older the car the higher the multiplier!
it ranges by decade instead of individual year so a car set in the early 60s will earn the same mulitplier as a late 60s car

Good Luck and have fun most importantly

Follow the Leader

Also visit the TreadKillers Tuning House page down here

:point_down:

7 Likes

My entry is the 1984 Courageux Courchevel GTX

• The stock 3.5l inline 6 and 4 speed automatic gearbox is swapped out for a F116c engine from a Ferrari 456M with the Ferrari 4 speed automatic used too.
  • The front brakes have been replaced with 350mm vented disc ap racing 4 piston units, the rears with 250mm solid disc 2 piston ap racing brakes.

• The standard cars comfort biased suspension has been replaced with fully adjustable coilovers.

• The 16" alloy wheels have been replaced with 22" chrome wheels with 235 section sports tyres

some arty shots now

5 Likes

Do we get bonus points for using the glowstick fixtures as neon? XD
Very inventive competition though.

2 Likes

i’ll make sure to appraise neons during judging :wink:

1 Like

I mean, it was a joke, but hey. xD