The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Green for the things a liked, red for the solutions and specs lower than the average.

I’m good at using computers and lot of softwares, and i have used also excel for this competition, but there are things that i prefer write by hand, because i remember things better if i write them by hand.

I’ve choose your engine because has lot of top end power, but also good low end, it’s the most responsive, very lightweight, it’s smooth and reliable.

So, here’s the list for the next round host.

@Rk38

@AirJordan

@F17Francesco

9 Likes

well excel would be a less messy

I hoped to at least have the best engine and/or design, but that was a hard round, to many good entries!

1 Like

Wow, I really didn’t expect to win against such strong competition as my car wasn’t the best in any of the key areas but it seems to have struck the right balance for driving enjoyment.

Thanks for @MarcoAlla for hosting it was a very fun round! We hope you enjoy your MRZ-3 there are plenty of mods around just ask KHT :wink:

Now I must move onwards to a new round :thinking:

3 Likes

AHEM

5 Likes

CSR37 - RETROGRADEBack to the 1980s.

Our client is a mysterious figure. They live in the neon glow of the city lights. Cloaked in black leather jacket with dark sunglasses hiding their eyes. Who know they do out all night driving but they need a new ride. They’re cocksure but not without reason. So prepare yourself for opinionated views. If your car doesn’t meet their requirements or even if it doesn’t look the part it can be game over for you buddy.

Now with that in mind what exactly does our enigmatic client want? Well they need a car that looks the part. A proper car for the 1980’s…whatever that means. I heard they might like to buy into a brand that has a tangible history, legacy and racing pedigree.

How you approach this is up to you.

The Basic Rules:

• Stable build or open beta. Just let me know which build your car comes from as I’m using the the open beta.

• No restriction to body, but chose your style wisely our client isn’t fond of certain styles.

• No restriction to number of seats, but it’s unlikely our client will ever need more than 5 and on most occasions 2 could be fine.

• Trim year: 1987 (model and engine family can be older)

• Fuel type can be up to 95RON, but our client would like flexibility 91RON would be preferable.

• No semi-slicks. It’s not a race car.

• Radio with a tape deck essential requirement.

• Design is important and will be very subjectively judged according to our clients tastes. This is true for the colour, you can choose a lime green if you like but then don’t complain if our client sends your entry to scrapyard because of it.

• You will have to balance performance, reliability, safety, economy and running costs will all be looked at along with sportiness and driveability.

• Engineering time limits (engine 75, car 55)

• Production units limits (engine 70, car 100)

• No limits on sliders (plus or minus) but our client won’t take kindly to shoddy build quality.

• Price a maximum budget of <$25000 (+30% markup)

• You must post an advert for your car with price (just needs to be a photo with full vehicle name and price)

Usual naming convention

Model: CSR37 - username | Trim open
Engine: CSR37 - username | Trim open

Deadline:

Thursday 30th at 11:59 pm GMT + 10:30

Enjoy and [here’s something to help you on your way] (Stream Sung | Listen to Auto Ran playlist online for free on SoundCloud).

16 Likes

So I see a couple of interpretations for this… we talking Neuromancer style cyberpunk here, or more an 80s version of the movie ‘Drive’?

1 Like

Hmmm…certainly elements of both.

Must have slipped more cyberpunk into this than I suspected. Well, I think you could find success with either interpretation. Although I’d be interested to see how a cyberpunk car would turn out.

The client is looking for something that typified that era. The definitive 1980’s car is inherently subjective but that’s the good thing as there could be many avenues to success in round :wink:

1 Like

Would a submission from 1986 be acceptable? It would be a 1987 model, but my company lore leaves it unchanged from the previous year.

1 Like

It’s time to dig up an old marque I used to do up. Tishillyman. Based somewhere in Baden-Württemberg. This company history dated back far, far away. They were known for making cars that are very understated, and huge variety of quality automobiles. Because it’s literally the company I use when I have no idea what brand to slap on a car.

1987 Tishillyman Sagata 3.8 Turbo
DM36500
$18999

9 Likes

Yep. Yes. Mm yes, this is good. I approve. I like.

I will be sending in something very soon.

1 Like

Not for me, Vanguard’s heritage is all in Luxury and refinement with added gusto.

#OAM Present…Phoenix GTi

Sadly the gif isn’t as good as @Rk38’s but oh well…

EDIT: Fixed it! Now looks much nicer :slight_smile:

EDIT 2: If you want to get into the 80’s mood, look no further :wink:

OAM 1987 Phoenix GTi Overdrive

In 1987, OAM’s best selling car, the OAM Phoenix GTi went worldwide. The Overdrive Spec was the best selling trim, and with redesigned taillights, new partial-aluminium panels and an improved version of the 2.8L NS85V6 producing over 200hp while maintaining over 30mpg (UK) in a 4 speed automatic and comfortable interior. This efficiency and power was thanks to the water cooled turbo, which boosted efficiency and power. The car was very popular all over the world and sought after in Europe and Japan. Over 760,000 Phoenix GTi’s were sold world wide from 1985-1991.

This 1987 Overdrive model costs $16,250 making it very affordable.

18 Likes

looks at the challenge

… I’ll be back.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Is it to be implied by its absence in the rules that comfort is not particularly important?

I’m… probably going to skip this one. Not that I’m bad at styling for the 80’s, but… the kinds of cars I prefer tend to not be what everyone else seems to like, and my color choices are anything but sensible.

Actually I think that your lore MR car (sorry, can’t remember the name) would suit this challenge just fine.

4 Likes

Coming soon

13 Likes

Having just recently made a test car for this round, I am now wondering whether or not I should enter it. This could take a while…

@BobLoblaw Yeah, as long as the trim is set to 1987.

@Leedar As long as our hero can comfortably light their cigarette while driving then should be sufficient.

@Madrias Hmm…I’d of a thought Storm would be well suited this challenge.

2 Likes