The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

I don’t think anyone else has used the same body as me so far.

I see someone have build very similar car to mine (vri i’m looking at you)

And I must say contrary to many many previous rounds there are quite some number of ug…not that good looking cars :confused:

1 Like

Quirky, sporty crossover anyone? Coming soon!

9 Likes

The DSD E dash X
crossover performance for $22000
A smooth 30 valve 60* v6 provides strong downlow torque whilst delivering 35MPG.
Inside the 2 door european styled partial alloy body you will find 5 nicely trimmed seats with DSD’s own harvested Bunya Pine wood trim and a high end entertainment system including a touch screen gps system and lcd screens located in the headrests for those rainy day whilst out camping. The E dash X comes standard with sunroof, led spotlights, two spare tyres (one mounted under the boot floor) and a roof rack system designed to cope with the Australian outbacks harshest conditions. The suspension is tailored for offroad driving and electronically adjusts to the conditions of the road or terrain. A 5sp manual gearbox is smooth and easy to use and transfers 135hp and 250Nm to the front wheels. Its not a SUV and its not a hot hatch but it is a statement.

4 Likes

Zenshi Nimessa Crossman GTS-20T SM-AWS '17

In the market that is something as practical as a Nimessa, and can go offroad, but don’t want to bother with the possible goofiness of driving a crossover?

Why not the Nimessa Crossman?

The Crossman, unlike the regular Nimessa, has the option of Zenshi’s SM-AWS system. Coupled with the AvanTec transmission, the GTS-25T SM-AWS is the deal for you, with a turbocharged 2.0L Inline 4 cylinder making over 250 HP while still retaining a great deal of fuel economy, averaging at about 29 MPG, at the price of $24,920!

Because of the wagon dimensions, the rear has expanded luggage space, allowing for more room for all of your road trip needs!

Not only will it go around off-road terrain and possess a comfortable ride, but you can do all that in style with Zenshi’s shinka design styling…

7 Likes

Noticing alot of 5 door station wagons this rnd

3 Likes

2017 VALTA FJALL R

Quirky… sporty… compact… rugged… practical… safe… the list goes on…

There’s not a single word to describe this car. The Valta Fjall R is everything all the time.

Equipped with a turbocharged, 2.0-litre engine producing 210 bhp, the Fjall R is capable of hitting 100 kph from a standstill in 6.9 seconds and on to a top speed of 215 kph, meaning this is one truly capable crossover with driving dynamics that you would never expect from a car of this class, allowing this sub-$25k to get around the Airfield in an astonishing 1:32.5, giving hot hatchbacks a run for their money.

This car, at the same is everything you want from a family car. Ths is spacious, capable and incredibly safe, so you can also assure yourself of a calm, relaxing and comfortable journey no matter where you go, thanks to the AWD system fitted as standard.

Available for just $23,800!

10 Likes

(Interior. Typical suburban home. Day. JOHN is in the living room when JANE scurries in, looking nervous.)

JOHN: What is it sweetie?
JANE: Honey, it’s a lump.

JOHN and JANE clasp hands anxiously.

JOHN: A lump! Is it serious?
JANE: I don’t think there’s a cure.

(Obverse cut to driveway. CargoPod in foreground.)

JANE begins weeping

JOHN: Gah! It looks like a turnip on wheels!

VOICEOVER: If you think you might have a lump, consult the experts at Mediocre Motors today.
(Placard drop to pricing and specs in tiny type. Logo. Boilerplate.)

VOICEOVER: The CargoPod. For when you are the ballast in your life.

JANE: What will we tell the children?

8 Likes

I like this honesty.

2 Likes

22 hours to deadline. At the moment i received cars from

@conan
@Madrias
@DeusExMackia
@lordvader1
@DoctorNarfy
@Zabhawkin
@szafirowy01
@gridghost
@abg7
@TR8R
@NormanVauxhall
@CadillacDave
@F17Francesco
@Denta
@AirJordan
@Leonardo9613
@Nomade0013
@Fayeding_Spray
@oppositelock
@JohnWaldock
@Cheeseman
@thecarlover
@laffinghyena
@koolkei
@Rk38
@ramthecowy

If you have sent your entry in and your name isn’t in this list, PM me.

11 Likes

Oh I see things went back to normal with less than 30 entries :slight_smile:

could be to do with the fact Enry deliberately picked something we all hate :joy: I know I haven’t entered and I have enough real life pressures going on that I’m not awfully inspired to submit.

1 Like

phew Just sent my entry my cpu has died in the arse…

Strangely relevant:

5 Likes

i hating all of these economic car challenges that we got in this thread recently yet i keep hurting myself repeatedly

1 Like

I want to make a supermini 80’s challenge, the cheapest money can buy :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Are you still accepting submissions? and if yes, what are the rules?

You’d better get working :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

2017 Maesima MQX-4

The Maesima MQX-4 embodies a balance between the best of all worlds. fun, safe, efficient and sustainable its the complete package. The exterior design moves our Vitality Motion design language to its next evolution with it striking yet elegant and poised body. It seamlessly blends form and function delivering a multi-dimensional and highly versatile vehicle that has the toughness, space and utility of an SUV with the sporty styling and performance of a coupe. Taking the wheel of Maesima MQX-4 is the prelude to a thrilling driving experience that makes travelling irresistible, regardless of destination.

Not surprisingly, the model was exceptionally well received by customers around the world and has grown to become one of the company’s core products alongside Prova. Since the launch of the original model, Maesima has made steady refinements to the MQX-4 each year, aiming to deliver customers even greater value and sophistication. Buyers love its mix of elegant yet sporty style, fun to drive performance while still highly economical and practical with it’s versatile and spacious cabin. The Interior matches the style of the exterior with simple, elegant lines that offer the very best in terms of quality, safety, equipment and comfort.

All models offering you outstanding value for money with our 5 Years Unlimited Kilometre warranty*, backed by 5 Years Roadside Assistance* (subject to eligibility) and 5 Years Capped Price Servicing*. This is our commitment to you and gives you peace-of-mind with your vehicle purchase. This commitment demonstrates our steadfast belief in the quality of our products something few other brands can match. This is our Maesima Advantage.

*ᴼᶠᶠᵉʳˢ ᵐᵃʸ ᵛᵃʳʸ ᵈᵉᵖᵉᶰᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵒᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵃʳᵏᵉᵗ ᶜʰᵉᶜᵏ ᵈᵉᵗᵃᶦᶫˢ ᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᵒᶜᵃᶫ ᴹᵃᵉˢᶦᵐᵃ ᴰᵉᵃᶫᵉʳˢ⋅
*ᴹᵃᵉˢᶦᵐᵃ ʰᵒᶫᵈˢ ᶰᵒ ᶫᶦᵃᵇᶦᶫᶦᵗʸ ᶦᶰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵛᵉᶰᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵃᶰ ᵃᶜᶜᶦᵈᵉᶰᵗ ᵃˢ ᵃ ʳᵉˢᵘᶫᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵈᶦˢᵃᵇᶫᶦᶰᵍ ˢᵃᶠᵉᵗʸ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐˢ⋅

## Starting at $20,440 ## Maesima MQX-4 Tz 2.0L AWD 6-speed Automatic#
___ > The Tz trim MQX-4 shown in the optional Burnt Umber Metallic with Power Moonroof and 6-speed Automatic Transmission*. Standard equipment includes 17" Alloy Wheels, Chrome Grill, Dual Exhausts, Fog lamps, Antilock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Air Conditioning (A/C), six-speaker _MAESIMA iV-DIRECT_ infotainment system with 7-inch full-colour display, Bluetooth and Music Connectivity, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ support, Satellite Navigation, Cruise Control, Six SRS Airbags, Power Windows, Keyless Entry and Push Button Start, Plush cloth-trimmed Seats, Cupholders, Door bottle holders (front and rear), map lights, sunglass storage, trip computer, vanity mirrors, full adjustable steering wheel, Parking Sensors and Rear-view Camera, and Economical yet sporting 2.0L engine. An optional safety package is available with 6 airbags, Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Active Lane-keeping Assist (ALA), _MAESIMA_ Smart Radar-Adaptive Cruise Control (SRCC), and Emergency Active-braking Assist (EAA) and 19" Alloy Wheels*.

[hide=ᴬᵈᵈᶦᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃᶫ ᵒᵖᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃᶫ ᵉˣᵗʳᵃ ᶜʰᵃʳᵍᵉˢ *]Metallic paint $200
Automatic transmission $1,050
Power Moonroof $795
Safety package (ʷʰᶦᶜʰ ᶦᶰᶜᶫᵘᵈᵉˢ ᵃᶫᶫᵒʸ ʷʰᵉᵉᶫ) $1,300 premium.[/hide]

## Designer / Chief Engineer
Mark Kaestner/ Jang Yeong-rok
___
## Assembly
Namju, Anikatia Toluca, Mexico Wuhu, China Hanoi, Vietnam
___

MQX-4 Tz 2.0L AWD : $20,440

13 Likes