The Open Roof Thread

Hey, if you have a soft spot for soft tops… this is a thread for you. Here you can show and share your Convertibles, Cabriolets, Spyders, Targas… or anything with an Open Roof!

9 Likes

8 Likes

There ya go…

4 Likes

Arion Cassiopeia 16C '04 (More pictures in the link)

4 Likes

Made this a plenty of time ago but I think it still passes as good enough

8 Likes

My first attempt at a roadster in 4.27.

2 Likes

lmao does this count

3 Likes

2013 Orema Pepper (og model 2008, 2013 facelift) in Openroad convertible spec, appropriate for the time as the tail end of the B-segment hatch turned soft/hardtop market.

First go at actually doing a convertible top down and doing any even small amount of roof deletion. I’ll try sharing more of my stuff here, it’s fun.

8 Likes

1970 Veloce Galliano II

Gallery

10 Likes

So stunningly beautiful…

Rigel Odiel Cabrio : its shapes give the vehicle great elegance, these are combined with the efficiency of its new 120 hp engine and a gray and black leather interior. The model has a new adjusted suspension that gives it greater grip in curves, a touch of sportiness and is complemented by an automatic rigid canvas top.

7 Likes

1987 KMA KX12 Spider (left) and 1992 KF12 (right)

I created the KX12 for TMCC26, then cloned it (along with its engine) to create the KF12.

Further information on the pair can be found here.

3 Likes

1992 MX5 Replica

Gallery

Stats

6 Likes

Ever since the introduction of the Bean body sets, it was inevitable that someone would make an MX-5 replica out of them - and yours is the best so far.

Thanks, I had to give it a go, actually turned out better then expected.

1992 EMR EX8 and 1992 WM Welland

Originally created for the Leaky Roof Challenge.

For more info about the EMR EX8 (my first entry, with the red one being the submitted trim), click here.

For more info about the WM Welland (my second entry, with the yellow one being the submitted trim), click here instead.

3 Likes

1970 Fanella Libra Spider

4 Likes

Delta Convertible 1960

8 Likes

1995 LVC LS60 4.0 Spyder

Born out of further experimentation with the original - this one turned out far better than I expected.

This time, instead of a 675bhp 6.0L V12, a 500bhp 4.0L V12 resides between the rear wheels - and it revs to a whopping 10,000 rpm (1,000 more than before).

The result is closer to the KMA KF12 and KX12 (the latter of which I made for TMCC26) in spirit, with light weight and extremely high revs being the order of the day.

The lightened sports interior has been retrimmed in bare carbon fiber and alcantara to reflect this - it now weighs just 1072kg, even with the weight slider set to its maximum value.

In short, this is the LS60 variant I am most proud of - I never thought it would work well as a convertible or roadster, until now. It’s actually what I think the GMA T.33 would be had it come out in the 1990s:

You can find more about the LS60 Spyder here, alongside another hypercar (albeit one that’s newer and more angular) built on the same body set.

1 Like

unnamed sports 800 thing

2 Likes