TMCC13: Calaber [Final Reviews]

Mons Automotive

Introducing the

Mons Astral C

The Mons Astral was a true turning point in Mons Automotive history. While still mainly focused on the North American market and following the main trends on their home continent, the Canadian maker started to incorporate European engineering into its cars. This resulted in some hybrid cars with a mix of North American and European style, that were well received domestically as well as internationally. The Mons Astral was no exception: it competed in the North American muscle market with its brawny looks, powerful V8 engine, and live rear axle, but had a modern Eurpean-inspired unibody chassis, brake system that didn't fry after at each stop light, and a more understated styling than its North American rivals. The premium interior features all the amenities of a premium trim muscle car: quality leather seats, electric windows, a sporty and ergonomic dash.

(OOC: gotta love it when you can repurpose a recent car for different challenges… so I might add “the Mons Astral C as seen on Trafikjournalen” :smiley: )

13 Likes

MY1968 BKOO Stormer Daytona 471

471 cubic inches, 425hp, mag wheels, 4 on the floor w/ posi, utterly undrivable.

5 Likes

1968 ARMOR STREETHAWK

The name’s the same, now totally redone for the 1968 model year.

“We spent a lot of time designing the taillights…

… because that’s all they’re ever going to see.”

The new Hot Ticket for 1968 is the Armor Streethawk, with a dual-quad 303 cid V8 and 4-speed pushing this car to 60 in 6.5 seconds.

And don’t think we skimped out on the rest of the car. The front end has a menacing new look. The suspension is tough and sporty. The interior is well-appointed. Available in a variety of colors inside and out, you can truly make the Hot Ticket yours, for under $20,000.

*Note: Armor’s 303 V8 isn’t actually 303 cubic inches, they just named it that way so people didn’t think they dropped a Ford engine in their car.

10 Likes

Love this design! You managed to make it menacing without looking tacky or over the top. The only objection I have is the side scoop but the rest is spectacular!

1 Like

You know, I normally wouldn’t have put the side scoop on (I’m a minimalist), but whenever I leave out stuff like that people ding me for “not doing enough” with the design. Oh well lol. Thanks for the compliment though!

4 Likes

Bro, if you’re a minimalist idk what I would be… Like there are people who design sleeper cars but my designs would be in a full blown coma :sweat_smile:.

MEET THE NEW GROUSE VALENCIA 5.0 FIREHAWK II.

YOUR NEW DAILY DRIVER.

The Valencia has been, to date, one of Grouse’s most successful cars, second to only the iconic Seville muscle car. The American brand created a car that looked both brutish and imposing, yet modest and collected and was still reasonably cheap, despite the 5.0 litre V8 powerplant in the Firehawk models. The Valencia also featured a roomy, comfortable interior space, making it a personal favourite of many private detectives and police forces. A 4-door model also probably helped with this but hey, at least there’s still plenty of space to put your shotgun in the 2-door model.

(the Valencia’s interior was likely similar to this Buick Skylark.)

Gallery

ooc: yes, i know about the floating red mirror ghosts. there’s nothing i can do, and the original mirrors looked ugly on this car. just ignore them.

ooc 2: also yes, i know the interior for the shots only has 2 seats. this was my mistake and has been corrected in the .car sent to donutsnail.

6 Likes

Not that is matters much, but I’ve used the Valencia name many times as Armor’s mid-size (for them) passenger car. I mean, it’s all made up anyways, but it’s been used:

Nice looking car, by the way!

3 Likes

1968 EAAC Athena Leopard SFF

Released in 1967, the Second generation Athena made waves as an affordable premium muscle coupe and sedan. With a well suited 5.0L OHV V8 in the front.

This is not the Pedestrian Athena. This is the 1968 Leopard SFF edition. Now, you may think “What does SFF stand for?”
Officially? nothing. It’s just letters
By Engineers? Seriously Fucking Fast.

The Leopard SFF features a bespoke tuned 5.2L OHV V8, making 251hp (modern readings) and over 400nm of torque (modern readings). It also features a 4-speed manual transmission mounted to a Leopard exclusive Limited-slip differential (represented in game as an Autolocker) to the rear wheels. The SFF lives up to the nickname by reaching 60mph in 8.3s and topping out at over 150mph.

The SFF features some visual tweaks that you won’t find on any other Athena model, including a custom cowl bonnet, painted SFF-spec wheels, and unique Leopard badging inside and out.

The SFF can be yours for a smooth $21,000. Enquire at your local EAAC dealership.

2 Likes

MAHG Phi SportCruise '68

The french engineers at MAHG have been told to build a typical full-size car according to their way of seeing these cars from the french side of the atlantic.

Here’s the result

The SportCruise is the quick version of the GrandMa spec of the Phi.

Nothing but the hood scoop and the exhaust tip differs it from the outside from the regular low-end Cruise version.

Inside, however, many modifications have been done to it

Engine first, out the straight 6, in the V8! A big one! A caricatural one!

Inside second, the regular bench setup has been swapped for two pairs of bucket seats.

Behind last, the open diff been replaced for an autolock one.

This trim is like a russian GrandMa’, easy on the outside, dangerous on the inside. She looks like she only can care about its poodle but she can rebuild an AK47 eyes shut.

To keep costs down fewer chrome trims have been used, bumpers are polished aluminium for exemple but money has been spent on the engine. Highly tuned exhaust, mechanical fuel injection and stronger internals.

For 22 300$, we think you will never find anything like it!

1 Like

1968 Wells 500 Rallye

From the drag strip to the dealership, we listened.

250hp V8 power
0-62 in 7.6sec
$17,900

3 Likes

Some marques wil try to sell you a 250hp 360 cid, dual 4v carb, V8. Some will try to sell you a premium interior and radio. Others, a high performance mid-size weighing 3116lbs. Then there are those that think you want 15 inch magnesium wheels and a limited-slip differential. What if someone packaged all of that, and more. Meet the Sandhurst Louisanno R/T 360 “Special”. Although we advise against it, if you happen to be looking for something suitable for racing or chasing, look no further, with a 0-62 time of 6.3 seconds.

The best part is, at 21,000 AMU*, there’s plenty of car AND performance for every dollar.

*Note: This package is fitted with sports compound tires, increasing both purchase price and annual service cost.

4 Likes

9 Likes

$2835? Wow…

Using an inflation calculator really helps illustrate how my dad managed to have cool cars, a house and a stay-at-home wife while working as a machinist in his early twenties.

5 Likes

But still…everyine else here is around 15k-20k…how?

@Restomod, Oppositelock used an inflation calculator like this one.

The $2835 figure is in 1968 US dollars, not 2010 US dollars (which is the Automation dollar in-game).

3 Likes

Correct, $18,700 is the in-game figure.

Oh, makes more sense. I was scared for a minute there. I thought automation auto inflated…good to know.

If i’m doing an OHC import-style car, would an I6 or V8 be more desirable?