TMCC27 - Haven's Rebellion

You’ve brought up a good point. I shoulda talked more about aviation and space tech.
More on those in a few hours, rn slaving away at Macca’s.

EDIT: Scratch that, you’re gonna have to wait roughly 8-12 hours for the update. It was a tiring shift and I need sleep.

3 Likes

Anything about techpool, model years, quality, or anything that?

UPDATES

Aviation and Space Tech

Newhaven City being a hub of cutting-edge technology, its aviation and space exploration technologies are two areas where it shines the brightest. From state-of-the-art propulsion systems to advanced materials, nothing was left behind.

The year was 2050, and Newhaven City was on the brink of a new era in space exploration. The Controller had invested heavily in research and development, pushing the boundaries of science and technology to new heights. And now, several breakthroughs had been achieved.

Notable advancements in aviation technology includes hovercraft technology. The technology allows a vehicle to hover over the ground, move at any direction at rapid speeds compared to traditional hover technologies like rotors. Hovercraft technology is used in everything from small personal vehicles to large commercial airliners and military aircraft.

The development of plasma jets, a new form of propulsion, had opened up the possibility of interstellar travel like never before. These plasma jets utilized the power of nuclear fusion to generate a stream of high-energy plasma, which could propel spacecraft at incredible speeds. They were vastly more efficient than conventional rocket engines, enabling faster and more cost-effective space travel.

Vehicles can also use advanced ion engines that generate high amounts of thrust while consuming minimal fuel.

Using gravity assist techniques to gain momentum and travel further with less fuel was also a common practice among airborne vehicles.

Another area where aviation technology has advanced in Newhaven City is in the development of new materials. Surface materials used for aviation and space exploration in Newhaven are designed to withstand the harsh conditions of space. The materials are made of a combination of metals, ceramics, and composites to provide maximum durability and resistance to radiation and temperature extremes.

Space Colonization

In Newhaven, space colonization has been a topic of interest for several years. With the advancements in space exploration technology, the possibility of colonizing other planets has become more realistic.

However, there are still many challenges that need to be addressed before humans can permanently live on other planets. One of the biggest challenges is the lack of breathable air and water on other planets. Scientists and engineers in Newhaven have been working on creating technology that can extract these resources from other planets or create them artificially.

Another challenge is the surface conditions of other planets. Many planets have extreme temperatures, radiation, and harsh weather conditions. In response to these challenges, Newhaven has been developing advanced surface materials that can withstand these conditions.

Newhaven has also been experimenting with various forms of propulsion to make interplanetary travel faster and more efficient. They have been exploring various forms of propulsion such as nuclear and plasma engines that can significantly reduce travel time.

Furthermore, Newhaven has been working on developing automated systems that can help with tasks such as farming and construction on other planets. These systems can help reduce the need for human labor and make colonization more efficient.

While the possibility of humans colonizing other planets is still far off, Newhaven is at the forefront of space exploration technology and is constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

Lore Lore Lore Lore Lore Lore

As the Controller’s influence expanded, so did OmniCorp’s reach into space. The company invested heavily in space exploration, hoping to find new resources and technologies that would benefit their vision of a utopian society. Under the guise of scientific progress and space exploration, the Controller built a massive space station in orbit around the Earth, codenamed “The Hub.”

The Hub served as a central hub for all space-related research and activity, and it was equipped with state-of-the-art technology and resources. OmniCorp sent teams of scientists, engineers, and astronauts to explore nearby planets and moons, seeking out new resources and conducting experiments that would help them advance their technology even further.

One of the most significant breakthroughs came when OmniCorp discovered a new form of energy that they dubbed “Nexus Energy.” This highly advanced energy source was capable of powering entire cities, and it quickly became the backbone of OmniCorp’s technological advancements.

The Controller had a grand vision for Nexus Energy, envisioning it as the key to unlocking the ultimate utopia. He poured vast amounts of resources into research and development, hoping to find new ways to harness its power and create a world free from scarcity and want.

When it comes to the design of jets, think more Concorde than Boeing.

There might be severe continuity errors here and there in the midst of all this. I understand that and while I can try to rectify all that, I think they’re not bad to the point it’s immersion breaking. Pls I’m just tired after moving houses

Some extra clarifications about hard rules:

• No techpool limits
  • No quality limits
  • Model/Trim Years will be 2020

I’m also extending the challenge deadline by 3 days to
26th of April, 23:59 GMT

istg if there are any more rectifications needed here I will cry

5 Likes

OMNI long ago took control of the essential apparati of the city. Extensive monopolistic tentacles domineer the flow of trade and exchange of information. Raw materials, smart lightbulbs, railroads, essential microprosessors, synthetic drugs, pleasure bots, live animals, NFTs of the lunar surface, convenience stores and all the products on their shelves, even the currency is OMNI in Newhaven City. This apex city is synonymous with the Controller. But outside the bounds of the city and its ancient tunneled highways and air-traffic skyways, other great corporate beasts do roam, many with their own cities, moons, or planets. CHERUB is one such counterpart, being a multi-trillion dollar economy unto itself and still an underdog.

CHERUB latched onto key developments in private transportation over the decades to remain competitive against OMNI at least in terms of automotive design. Here is a typical example of its craft: the Cherub Horizon.Rho, a mid-level consumer car of the year 2080.

Like many of its counterparts in the far future, the Horizon.Rho has dispensed with tires and treads. Oscillating repulsor-pad wheels provide traction without physically touching a surface while forward thrust is provided by atmospheric ionic jets. Control surfaces sprouting from the vehicle keep the craft nimble in the air and on ground, while additional ion thrusters dot the perimeter to guarantee fine directional control at any speed.

The interior is stylish and practical and the vehicle really lets you know that it can reach the upper fringes of the atmosphere. The driver has a lot of responsibility and a lot of information to keep track of. The dashboard is also a complex motherboard and CHERUB’s proprietary artificial intelligence is integral to the driving experience.

The hero car is sleek and fast, discrete and multi-capable, retro and futuro. Be careful to not let it outshine the actors!

6 Likes

@ Madrias - looks like we arrived on a couple similar themes with our takes! By the way, I love that pair of antennae you have on top, it’s such a good look. And where did you find that barcode license plate? I had a similar idea and didn’t end up incorporating it.

2080 Ithil MS467

An MS467 undergoing unmanned flight testing, Downtown Enclave. Its dual-mode rotating thrusters and retractable wings can be seen in operation.

While personal transportation has mostly been phased out in favour of automated public transit and ridesharing pods, wealthy Enclave citizens yearn for the days of the status symbol hypercar. A few companies under the OMNI umbrella still offer such an experience, with lunar exploration outfit Ithil being one of such companies. The MS467 is their latest and greatest offering.

A callback to the angular wedges of a century prior, with a 21st century twist, the MS467 brings world-beating performance in both land and air.

A midship 6.8 litre quad-turbocharged V12 produces 1318 bhp, propelling the hypercar to 100 km/h in just two seconds. It’s also capable of going all the way to a top speed on land of 467 km/h, hence its name.

While it doesn’t break any landspeed records, its focus instead lies on cornering and track performance, with a heavy focus on aerodynamic and mechanical grip.

An MS467 in road mode, Downtown Enclave. Deep-dished wheels allow flight hardware to be stored for road operation.

Flight duties are handled by a set of dual-mode thrusters, with hovercraft functionality for hover and VTOL manoeuvres, as well as an ion thruster mode for high-speed flying. Retractable wings and active aerodynamics are implementend to improve flight stability. To riff on its name, its top speed on air is 467 mph.

Ithil shows off the MS467’s three main modes of operation at their HQ, located on the outskirts of Newhaven.

Three occupants sit abreast in an interior made of the lightest, most high-tech materials. Titanium-reinforced carbon fibre and fully synthetic suede cover every surface, while a multi-screen setup with a heads-up display keeps the driver up to speed on the operation of the vehicle.

A look at the MS467’s three-seater configuration inside Ithil HQ.

The MS467’s interior is accessed through a novel side-opening canopy, which is able to open on either side of the vehicle in order to provide easy access to all three occupants.

An OMNI exotic car store shows off the MS467’s canopy, Downtown Enclave.

Ithil Lore

As the institutions of the old world withered away, so did the new ones rise.

Shortly after OMNI’s takeover of Havenport, a group of scientists and visionaries within the company saw an opportunity in the stars. After purchasing or otherwise taking over assets both public and private, the Ithil division of OMNI was born.

Named after the elvish word for Moon, they took control of NASA’s mostly abandoned lunar base and their ice mining operations. As the years went by, Ithil turned the moon into a luxurious colony and the most desired holiday destination for Enclave citizens, as well as the wealthiest from the rest of the world. Their constant supply of water helped aleviate the ongoing water crisis back on earth, and it became a launchpad for space exploration.

Things didn’t stay so bright for Ithil forever, though. As the 2050s rolled around, big changes began to take place. The Controller started seeing the Ithil division as complacent sycophants, blinded by their life of luxury and lacking the vision they once had. Thus, all further space exploration endeavours were brought fully under OMNI and The Controller’s wing, relegating Ithil to lunar and Earth operations. Their lunar surface traversal technologies were brought down to earth, being implemented on OMNI’s public transit systems for the Enclave.

Even so, Ithil stayed a household name among the wealthy of the Enclave, who kept enjoying their technologies and their luxury, so much so that they wanted a taste of it back home. Thus, Ithil began their Hypercar Project, using their expertise in materials and propulsion systems in order to dominate all performance metrics and satisfy the most exigent Enclave citizens. From this project, the MS467 was born.

Gallery

7 Likes

does anyone wanna share an engine build?

Zephorus Autos

logo3

2080 Edition

Available in select colours
Or made to order
Montasio Yellow

Dusk Blue

Marble

Scarlet Red

Flight Specifications

Retractable Wings

Pulsejet hover system

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence.
17 Likes

Sorry, never realized you tried to get information from me.

License plates are these: Steam Workshop::(Abandoned) Fictional License Plates (4.27)

One of them is the Back to the Future barcode plate, which I used because I was pulling a fair bit of inspiration from BTTF 2.

1 Like

Still 3 days left until submissions close! All the entries so far are super cool! Excited to see more

I have received a car and ad from:

@Madrias
@VanZandt_Breda
@the-chowi

I have received only an ad and no car from:

@Riley

I’ve requested a small number of requests from some people to increase the deadline. Considering the niche-ness of this competition, I’m fine with taking the deadline to 30th of April, 23:59 PM (UTC +8).

4 Likes

It’s a bit past the renewed deadline, and I was hoping the person who asked for the extension would’ve submitted by now but since they haven’t…

Entries Closed!

Judging round should not really take that long, unless Uni decides to keep piling on them assignments.

6 Likes

It’s that time of year for our colleagues in college, totally understandable.

2 Likes

Aite, just shedding some light into TMCC judging because it’s been 14 days since I’ve closed the deadline.

It’s only 4 cars, yes, but I had big plans initially for the review style. All of which have been squandered due to the sudden pressure of assignments and exams from uni. The first wave is over but the 2nd wave will start very very soon. I’ll get the reviews out for TMCC27 within 24 hours as I’m trying not to fall in between the second wave and miss the window yet again.

Apologies for the delay, guys.

5 Likes

TMCC27
Haven's Rebellion - Judging

The Grand Tour hosts, Jeremy, Richard, and James were tasked with choosing a car for the star role of an upcoming show on Amazon Prime in an episode of The Grand Tour. After countless hours of research, test drives, and spirited debates, they had narrowed down their selection to four outstanding contenders.

Jeremy: Hello, and welcome to a special edition of The Grand Tour!

Tonight, we present to you a brand-new show by Amazon Prime, called Haven’s Rebellion.

It’s a show that’s all about taking down a villainous mastermind supercomputer called “The Controller”, who is behind the corruption in Newhaven City. A team of rebels are ready to strike him down from his digital throne, led the charge by our young protagonist named Max.

Hammond: But to do that, they need a car… a Specialized one! Something that is insanely fast, upwards of 600 km/h, or thereabouts. Could be more, could be less. And it also needs the ability to travel both on land AND in the air at a similar pace. So, we’re looking for sleek, aerodynamic designs equipped with state-of-the-art technology that allows it to avoid detection by the city’s surveillance systems.

James: Several car brands and design houses around the world were given an offer to send in their designs for the car that Max and his team would drive. But only a handful responded with designs that were worth looking into. And we’re eager to tell you, that we’ll be judging and choosing the very vehicle that Max and his gang will drive throughout the show in THIS VERY EPISODE!

Jeremy: We have 4 different cars from different design studios tonight, and all have taken their own twist at designing the car. Which car will come out on top and help us take down The Controller once and for all?

Hammond: That’s for us to find out on Haven’s Rebellion! Get ready for an adrenaline-fueled ride as we join our rebels on a mission to save Newhaven City from the clutches of The Controller. It’s time to rebel!

Cherub Horizon.Rho:

Alright, let’s start off with the Cherub Horizon.Rho, a mid-level consumer car from the year 2080.

It’s pretty clear that Cherub has been keeping up with the times of Newhaven City. The car has ditched traditional tires and treads in favor of oscillating repulson-pad wheels that provide traction without physically touching the surface. These wheels are supposed to provide a practical solution to a long-standing problem among motorists: Punctures and Deflations. You are basically getting the ability to traverse both on land AND air on the same set of wheels without ever worrying about deteriorating or exploding rubber. Very neat!

The forward thrust, when airborne, is provided by atmospheric ionic jets, which are another set of fascinating features that really sets the Horizon.Rho apart from its competitors. The ability to take off vertically and reach the upper fringes of the atmosphere is truly spectacular. However, even with all this pseudoscience liberty, I can’t help but think such jets are extremely advanced, thus harder to maintain, and might have a massive impact on the environment.

The Horizon.Rho immediately reminds me of a car from way back in the past, the Pontiac Trans-Am. Specifically, the third generation Firebird Trans-Am from 1982. While it doesn’t outright copy it, there definitely are some defining features that this car has borrowed from the Trans-Am. The primary headlights and taillights mirror each other vertically, which seems very in your face at first with its boldness. Initially, I was on the fence about whether I like this or not. After a few thoughts, I don’t hate it, but both lights, especially the rear ones, could do with a skinnier housing. Such large housings seem like a thing of the past, considering how even today’s high-tech cars have very skinny and sleek headlights. The rear also features quad atmospheric ionic jets as we mentioned earlier, which can often be mistaken as a part of the taillights due to having a similar shade. It makes the rear look dazzled in red lighting, which we found problematic for dark, cinematic shots.

The exterior is riddled with tons of aerodynamic features. While some of them do seem plausible, unfortunately most of them aren’t really that coherent, regarding design OR science. There are many louvres and vents and pointy bits that go all over the place. When thrown into an air tunnel, some of those control surfaces ended up making the car less aero-efficient than what it would’ve been if it didn’t have them. Also noticed how control surfaces, once again, resemble how the Pontiac Trans-Am from Knight Rider looked like during super-pursuit mode. While it is indeed a nice touch, we can’t help but feel that these surfaces and aero features severely date the car, to the point it becomes more form over function. Now that’s not a bad thing per se, but it sure hampers the functionality of the design, something our protagonists can’t ignore. The bottom control surfaces and vents for generating ground effect, however, are very cool though. Perhaps not all hope is still lost. Or is it?

The interior, however, is what truly dates the concept. This is where it goes full Knight Rider, retro 80s mode and forgets the fact that it is supposed to be from the future, and not a blast-from-the-past-mobile. It’s almost 90% buttons and dials from the 80s, and then some LCD screens thrown in for good measure. As a retro enthusiast, I personally do enjoy this design. But once again, it becomes very form over function.

Speaking of the driving experience, it’s clear that this car is meant for some serious airtime. The control surfaces sprouting from the vehicle keep it nimble both in the air and on the ground, and additional ion thrusters dot the perimeter to guarantee fine directional control at any speed. The dashboard does seem quite intimidating with its complex layout that the driver has to keep track of, but Cherub’s AI implementation does most of the heavy lifting in that regard.

Overall, the Cherub Horizon.Rho is a sleek and fast hero car, discrete and multi-capable, but it does have its quirks. While the exterior may have dated a bit, its overall looks do give it some edge, as it successfully captures the Cassette Futurism aesthetic the show is going for. As for the interior, well, it’s a blast from the past that might be more nostalgia than practicality. But overall, a solid entry. It almost reminds me of a 370z or a previous gen Camaro if thinking of potential buyers. Not the best in their class when it comes to specs, and the looks leave some room to be desired considering the age of the design, but a great starting point for tuners and hooligans.

Ithil MS467:

If you’re a wealthy Enclave citizen and you’re looking for a hypercar that will make a statement on both land and air, then look no further than the Ithil MS467. This vehicle is a true status symbol, and it’s not hard to see why.

The world is changing. Old institutions wither away, and new ones rise.

And speaking of rising, let me tell you about a group of scientists and visionaries within the OMNI company who saw an opportunity in the stars.

After taking over assets both public and private, the Ithil division of OMNI was born. Named after the elvish word for Moon, these guys took control of NASA’s mostly abandoned lunar base and their ice mining operations. And what did they do with it, you ask? Well, they turned it into the most luxurious holiday destination for the Enclave citizens and the wealthiest from the rest of the world. They even helped alleviate the water crisis back on earth with their constant supply of water. And if that wasn’t enough, it became a launchpad for space exploration!

But as with all good things, it didn’t last. The Controller saw the Ithil division as complacent sycophants, and all further space exploration endeavors were brought fully under OMNI and The Controller’s wing. Ouch.

But don’t worry, Ithil still stayed a household name among the wealthy of the Enclave. So much so, that they wanted a taste of it back home. And boy did Ithil deliver with their Hypercar Project. Using their expertise in advanced material synthesis and propulsion systems, they created the MS467, which dominates all performance metrics and satisfies even the most exigent Enclave citizens.

The MS467 is all about performance, with a midship 6.8 litre quad turbocharged V12 producing a staggering 1318 bhp. That kind of power will get you from 0 to 100 km/h in just two seconds, making this one of the fastest accelerating hypercars on the market.

But the MS467 isn’t just about straight-line speed. Its focus lies on cornering and track performance, with a heavy emphasis on aerodynamic and mechanical grip. And if you want to take to the skies, the MS467 has you covered with a set of dual-mode thrusters that offer both hovercraft functionality and high-speed flying. With retractable wings and active aerodynamics, this hypercar is just as comfortable in the air as it is on the ground.

The interior of the MS467 is just as impressive as the exterior. With titanium-reinforced carbon fibre and fully synthetic suede covering every surface, this vehicle is as light and high-tech as they come. And with a multi-screen setup and heads-up display, you’ll always be in control no matter where you are.

Now then, let’s get down to the nitty-gritties of the design, since that’s what most of you would be looking at throughout the show anyway. The first thing that we noticed is that the MS467 is a rather unique piece of automotive sculpture. Everything about it stands out from the current onslaught of samey looking hypercars we see these days, although that ought to be true, since they were indeed supposed to be designed way deep into the future. It’s hard to say whether this design would actually hold up in the year 2077, but in terms of the show’s aesthetics, I’d say Ithil’s design studio is pretty bang on. And on the plus side, they didn’t seem to outright “take inspiration” from any major brands or iconic cars, not blatantly at least!

If the previous entry was riddled with aerodynamic features that mostly didn’t function, then this is quite the opposite of that approach… In the sense that this car is also riddled with aerodynamic features all around it, but they are set up in a way that it looks significantly more convincing. The front of the car features a massive gaping mouth… And when I say massive, I really do mean it. But unlike most cars of today that have a giant fascia or nose, this actually looks right. And that’s mostly because this car is a geometric heaven. It feels like an architect, or a designer obsessed with neat and tidy geometric shapes had a field day with it, and that’s a very good thing. No matter which angles you look at this car from, it looks consistent with its aesthetics. Every line, every shape, every fixture simply… resolves. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

The whole car is also vents galore. There is an opening for air to go in and an exit for air to go out pretty much everywhere. The design studio has utilized every method in the book to come up with ways to reduce aerodynamic drag while also cooling the supposedly high-tech hardware that will probably run hotter than the sun when on full throttle. Venturi tunnels, wide sidepods, vortex generators, vertical stabilizer, winglets and canards, radiant-barrier insulation via reflective materials, phase change materials around the panels, air dams… it is an absolute treat for aero tech nerds. And boy do all of these perform well. A quick test in a wind-tunnel shows that not only do these outrageous aero fixtures look good in form, but they are also highly functional when in terms of aero efficiency.

The minimal moving control surfaces do end up being a viable design choice for a car this big, considering how extremely light it is, and the fact that most of the thrust and vertical movement is taken care of by the dual-mode thrusters mounted on the rims of the wheels and on the rear end of the car. The thrusters themselves are implemented in a very clever manner. The wheel mounted ones look like they belong there, while the rear mounted ones look like an extra set of exhaust system. We also can’t help but mention how cool the hexa-exhaust system looks alongside the entire rear end, which again does not shy away from looking like an architect’s wet dream. In fact, the high-slung nature of the rear end almost reminds me of the Tumbler from Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies.

The interior features 3 seats, like a McLaren. A very practical way of implementing passenger seats in a hypercar, I must say. I mean the car is wide as hell and doesn’t require any gear shifters, might as well use the space to put two more seats down, right? What gets me the most though, is the simplicity of the whole design. It’s all done very elegantly, not too flashy but also not barebones. The centre-console system goes in a straight line and the other end of it meets the steering wheel. The circular part of the steering wheel rotates while the middle hub itself remains in its position. The hub also functions as a touchpad for quick gesture controls. And yes, we can’t stress enough how cool the car looks when the side-opening canopy is released. Not only does it make a statement on its own, but if we completely get rid of the canopy, it turns into something completely different while being the exact same car… Almost like the Aventador and its J cousin. Mark of a good design, I tell you!

So, if you’re looking for a hypercar that can do it all - from land to air and back again - then the Ithil MS467 is the perfect choice for you. With its stunning design, monumental performance, and impressive pseudo-science technology, this vehicle is sure to turn heads wherever you go. Buyers of Aventador Ultimaes and P1s and SF90s in today’s era might be the most suitable comparative measures of who might buy such a car in the future.

AMCW Vyrada:

Next up on the line, we have something a little bit different, and it’s called the AMCW Vyrada.

Now, this car is named after a term that means “violent wind” in the language of its creators. And that’s a fitting name because this thing packs a punch. Instead of wheels, it has eight ground-effect thrusters that generate lift and allow the car to hover and move in any direction effortlessly.

The Vyrada is powered by a quad-turbo V12 engine, and get this, a fission-initiated fusion reactor! That’s right, a fusion reactor! The 1,000-horsepower generated by the V12 is used to drive a fan in the chassis tunnel which forces air through the reactor’s cooling fins, rapidly increasing the temperature. The superheated air is then forced into the four aft turbines which draw in cold, dense air from outside, mixing it with the superheated air. The resulting expansion already produces a tremendous amount of forward thrust, but as a final party favor, it is then possible to use the built-in afterburner to inject motor fuel directly into the hot air stream. This allows the car to travel at upwards of 225mph! Can you believe that?

Now, I know what you’re thinking. How do you control such a thing? Well, that’s where things get even more interesting. Steering is handled by a specialized yoke. Steering conventionally, like driving a car, controls the swivel axis of the gimbal system, allowing for small, precise steering movements. Pulling or pushing on both of the sticks together will raise or lower your altitude. Applying the sticks in opposite directions will cause a stronger yaw motion than can be gained by steering alone, which is more useful for high-speed flight. It’s a proper flying car in the most sensible approach possible. It has gone for the approach of looking like your standard issue road car… but with extra steps of having tech that allows it to fly. And I’d personally say it has got that part nailed just fine.

And if you’re worried about safety, don’t be. The Vyrada has dual controls, so you and your co-pilot can fly in confidence while your rear seat passengers work on hacking into The Controller’s systems, taking it down piece by piece. Plus, with a 10-minute operating time on the fission reactor alone, you have some time to get out of any sticky situations.

The car isn’t, however, without faults though. Despite looking just fine on our photoshoots, the car’s biggest pitfall is… it looks like a car? Don’t get me wrong, the show’s producers did want quite literally an automobile with the ability of flight. And while that is a very vague brief to follow, it is certainly up to a designer to come up with striking ideas that stand out from the rest of the crowd. And unfortunately for the Vyrada, it doesn’t do very well in that department. The very wide headlights, for example, that start from nearly the middle of the fascia and go all the way up to the front wheel wells, look unique and have a charm to them for sure. But the main issue is with them looking not very modernized. Yes, the theme of the round is supposed to look back at the 80s and 90s for aesthetics, but the year is also 2077. Surely LED technology has come a long way by then to just use a bog standard, thick headlight housing with multiple segments instead of being one single, sleek bit?

The whole car’s party feature seems to revolve around the thrusters mounted below it, where the wheels would be, and the gigantic thrusters on the rear. The taillights go around the rear thrusters and while that does create a very unique look, the lights themselves once again date the entire design due to how thick they are. While other designers have gone for a sleeker and pointier look, AMCW has opted for a 90s blobby look. Can’t say we’re entirely in love with this.

The aero features also seem to be lackluster. There are some vents here, some wings there, and that’s about it. The lower bottom fascia looks very, very dull. The interior, other than the cool looking dual yoke and dash design, airplane style gear shifter and minimalist 90s-esque buttons, is nothing to write home about either, in my opinion.

But I will say this, the base design of everything is there. Surely, if more detailing and sculpting effort was put into this car, something truly bold would’ve come out. But as the design stands right now, it is rather civilian looking than something that’d be the flagship automobile icon for a show.

So, there you have it, folks. The AMCW Vyrada, a car that packs a stupid amount of punch under its hood but doesn’t really convey equally in the looks department. The “Strong Wind and Calm Seas” approach perhaps went a bit too hard on the calm seas part. What AMCW has essentially come up with here, is a Ford Taurus SHO. Powerful, but not much in the looks department.

Zephorus P 201:

Ladies and gentlemen, feast your eyes on the Zephorus P 201, a car that seems to have stepped right out of an alternate universe where the 80s collided with the future in a glorious cassette-futurism fueled explosion. It’s a machine that dares to be different, and boy, does it succeed. It’s like Michelangelo and the DeLorean had a love child.

Let’s start with the exterior. The Italians have truly outdone themselves with the styling of this beast. It’s a blend of boldness and stealth, like a ninja dressed in a tailored suit. The sleek glass housing hides the front lights, creating an enigmatic aura that’s impossible to ignore. From a distance, that massive glass housing looks like a grille piece, demanding attention while exuding an air of sophistication. If there is a guidebook on creating striking designs that aren’t very complex, this car follows it perfectly.

Forget about all those needlessly pointy, edgy designs that clutter the online portfolios of wannabe car designers who bloat the forums with styling we’ve already seen a million times. The Zephorus P 201 takes a different approach from all that, opting for simple shapes that beautifully merge the best of both edgy and round. It’s like someone took a really cool looking video-game console from that era and designed a car around it.

And let’s not forget the rear. The taillight design is straight out of a sci-fi movie marathon. Picture the aesthetics of Blade Runner and TRON, and you’re halfway there. The rear wing, reminiscent of the legendary Mercedes 190E Evo 2, is outrageous in size, yet fully functional. It’s the automotive equivalent of flexing your muscles while looking darn good doing it.

But unlike some of the cars we’ve seen in the past that are competing for the star role in the show, the Zephorus P 201 is not just a pretty face—it’s a technological marvel too. The Zephorus Pulsejet Hover System is a stroke of (pseudo)scientific genius. It promises to propel you at mind-boggling speeds on land, make you hover above the ground like a levitating wizard, and provide thrust during proper flight. It also has retractable wings. They’re like a superhero’s cape, deployed during flight for horizontal controls. When the wings are retracted, the car looks almost like a standard land vehicle, and then you deploy the wings and it’s all “Oh, you thought I was just for the ground? Watch this!”.

Step inside, and you’ll be greeted by a perfect balance of old and new. The interior seamlessly blends bleeding-edge technology with a nod to the good ol’ days. It’s like a time machine that allows you to experience the past while enjoying the benefits of modern wizardry. It’s like mixing analog buttons with modern OLED technology… well that’s exactly what it is for the most parts. And let’s not forget the dual gear lever system, a clever engineering workaround for simplifying the land and flight controls. The smaller lever is used for when you’re navigating the earthly terrains, the larger one is for when you’re soaring SKY-HIGH HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GEDDIT GEDDIT? HAHAHAHAH

The Zephorus P 201 is a true one-off. It defies conventional automotive crafting, confidently striding into the realm of bespoke designs that you see not too often. It’s sleek, advanced, elegant, and bold—all wrapped into one remarkable package. It is a vision of automotive brilliance. It’s a rolling testament to the fusion of cassette futurism and cutting-edge modern design. So, if you were in the market for a car that will turn heads, capture hearts, and transport you to a world where the 80s never ended, look no further than the Zephorus P 201. It’s a true marvel, and you’ll feel like a rockstar every time you slide behind the wheel.

Judgement Time!:

4/ AMCW Vyrada by @Madrias :

If this competition was about worldbuilding and setting up the lore, you’d probably have a waaaay better time here. But unfortunately, you’ve shoved the internals of a Bugatti Divo inside what looks like a Camry that didn’t grow out of the 90s. The base is there, but it needs expansion.

This car will be featured in the show, but will mostly be driven around by civilians who drive relatively powerful cars with very understated styling.

3/ Cherub Horizon.Rho by @VanZandt_Breda :

The effort is definitely admirable. You’ve given it a proper try. It’s a bit messy in some places but definitely salvageable if you wanted to clean it up and give it much more coherent features.

The car will be featured in the show, will be portrayed as the go-to choice for street racing and new trackday enthusiasts for modding the shit out of.

^ Unfortunate for you two because while I appreciate the effort you guys have put in worldbuilding and designing your cars, you were walking among other two giants. Not to undermine the quality of your designs, just expressing how far ahead the other two were.

2/ Ithil MS467 @the-chowi :

Where to even begin. Proper automotive craftsmanship right here. Stupidly complex design, without making it look messy or disorganized. A serious candidate, and would’ve probably been my initial choice if it hadn’t been for the rather menacing look it wears. What I mean is, the only reason this came out second is because the other car matched my vision near perfectly.

This car will be seen being driven by The Controller’s elite agents, and will surely have a profound role in the show.

1/ Zephorus P 201 @Riley :

Italian styling blended with proper cassette-futurism. Reminds us of the bygone era that we didn’t see with our eyes, but feel nostalgic about anyway. Firing up automation and looking at this car made me go through an entire synthwave playlist on Spotify. If that’s not enough of a sign that this IS the chosen one, I don’t know what is.

Congratulations to Zephorus, your car will be Max’s primary vehicle, and will be featured on screen when taking down The Controller.

Thanks to everyone who participated, or read through this.

TMCC27 Ends here

9 Likes

This challenge reminded me of TMCC25, right down to not only having a futuristic theme, but also the exact same winner (amidst a low turnout of four entries each), as well as incredible levels of detail among the top two.

Well done @Riley - you’ve claimed your second TMCC win in three rounds! Your entry this time around reminded me of your winning submission for TMCC25. By the way, are either (or both) of your TMCC25/TMCC27 submissions built on the Bolide and/or 308-esque body sets, and if not, which one(s)? Anyway, I’m expecting you to come up with something that rivals TMCC26 for overall quality (which you hosted) if you choose to host TMCC28.

Also hats off to @the-chowi for bouncing back from failing to even reach the top five in the previous TMCC by clinching a strong runner-up finish, with an aggressive, maximalist design that provided a sharp contrast to the elegant, minimalist Zephorus. Looking at the shape of the glasshouse and A-pillar, the Ithil is built on one of the S7-esque body sets - but in what size? Is it the smaller version (2.45m wheelbase) or the larger one (2.73m wheelbase)? At any rate, I’m expecting it to be both mid-engined and AWD (with the latter being fitted for traction’s sake).

3 Likes

(this was when the car was wip) Similar, but different. I extended the nose on this version instead of cutting it back. The very orignial car for the Alternate History Challenge on the left, the revised TMCC25 on the right, and the WIP for this challenge in the middle

I can host, but I will need some time to think of something.

6 Likes

I’m fine with that. My loose inspiration was some of the civilian cars from Back to the Future 2, so… I may have leaned a little too far into keeping things “normal.”

I’ve always been a better writer than an artist, so… Wasn’t expecting to go far.

1 Like

I would love to see a chase between the Zephorus and the Ithil

1 Like

New round is up

2 Likes