Tom Henks Racing Series [Season 6 Finale results]

In our testing we found no meaningful advantage from going V8 rather than V6 even in the 3.0L class. And since these cars are inspired by the Volvos, Alfas, Audis and BMWs of the 90s touring car scene, no coupes this time around.

5 Likes

Very nice - count me in again! (I’ll have to fudge lore by a few years, but that’s ok)

As a nice coincidence, people might even be able to reuse their CSR 151 entry (1997 tarmac rally car) as a foundation, depending on body choice ofc.

Coupes would have a small aero advantage, and banning them nicely avoids supercar submissions in the process…

Qfc19 cars might be a good base too

Where can we download lakeside, nurburgring, laguna seca and imola?

I got them from this BeamNG forum post: Race track collection | BeamNG

4 Likes

1995 1992 Mara Asteri Group A

Let’s pretend it’s 1995 lore-wise…

2 litre I4 engine, FWD, 360 hp - what can go wrong?

8 Likes

1992 Scarab Flare ST-R, 440 HP, FWD and hopefully not an undriveable mess :wink:

4 Likes

reminder: submissions are still open, and they close tomorrow at 6pm CEST

The 1992 H Motors 2.0i Challenge

208hp, 2000lbs, ready for comp!

2 Likes

is anyone going for anything other then group 1? kinda want to make something for b or c but idk if there would be anyone else in the class

I’ve gone for class C myself

If I have enough time to finish one, I have something to try for class B

My car is B-class, almost spot on 960 kgs :smiley:

1 Like

Rushed entry for Class B - The 1992 Epoch M30 in ‘Epoch racing green’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Over 216kW / 290HP from its 2.5L straight-6, however engineers were unable to reliably and cost-effectively reduce the weight as much as desired, so it exceeds the minimum by a good 60+kg - Hopefully the handling can make up for it!

4 Likes

1992 Miller Maple RA 2.0

Made for class A @THRS Season 4

Gallery

Stats

4 Likes

Submissions are now closed! I will try to get the cards done shortly, and the video of the first race should be done by next Saturday.

4 Likes

Alright everyone, I’m excited to introduce this season’s contenders. Of course, in the form of Top Trumps style cards again.

Let’s start with the only disqualified car in this season:

Now let’s get to the actual competitors. In total, there are 15 cars competing this time: 8 in A class, 4 in B class and 3 in C class. Of course, all cars in all 3 classes are competing against each other but I sorted them by class here to make it easier for everyone to keep track. Here are the 3 classes, in alphabetical order each time:

A Class:

B Class:

C Class:

12 Likes

The first race will premiere in 1 hour from now, at 6pm CEST

3 Likes

Alright everyone, the first race about to premiere! Watch here: THRS Season 4 - Round 1, Race 1/2 - YouTube

These are the results:

The Centuri takes a convincing win but places 2-5 are within less than 0.2 seconds, meaning it will certainly be a very interesting battle for the top positions over the course of this season.

As we have 15 competitors this season, 4 of them will be eliminated after the first round.

9 Likes

A little bit late because I was at work when race 2 went live, but here’s the video: THRS Season 4 - Round 1, Race 2/2 - YouTube

And these are the results in a table:

And these are the overall standings after race 2, not much has changed at the top but the places behind them have moved around a bit.

Since this was the second (and last) race of round 1, it means the bottom 4 cars got eliminated, meaning the remaining races will take place without them. The first race in Round 2 will hopefully (if things go according to plan) go up next Saturday. It will be on one of my absolute favorite tracks, Laguna Seca.

8 Likes